What happens to unsold toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UKBrawn, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Ollie's here has WM's Tuner two-pack (Sideways/Pipes) for some silly price, had a few Real Gears and a bunch of Robot Heroes (Arcee wave) as well.
    Big Lots has nothing but a few KO's.
    Outside of Ollie's, I've never seen anything good elsewhere. Just one day it's here at WM or Target, the next day it isn't.
    Our WM had 7 or 8 MP Skywarps for $30 on a Friday, then come Sunday they were all gone. They were there for weeks at that price, then just vanished.

2. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not quite. Bear in mind it also costs money to keep a toy on the shelf. How profitible can it be to keep a buttload of Tuner Mudflaps for the next six years in hopes that they might sell on clearance? When that shelf space can be used for toys that actually sell. There's only so much space "in the back" or in the clearance aisles. If you were to ship them elsewhere, you'll also need to factor in the transport costs.

So in many cases destroying them makes the most financial sense

3. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Around here stuff doesn't go on Clearance all that quick, or all that low when it does.

$8 Deluxes at Target. That is considered Clearance, I hope they drop a lot like the A-Team figures. Anyways, now I finally know what happens to the left over figures clogging up the shelves, I could die now.

4. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Another store that picked up old stock was Tuesday Morning. A few years back I picked up a bunch of Re-ish Riccochets, Rodimus Primes and an Energon Starsaber for $8 each.

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    target has ROTF voyagers clearanced at $14.90 and deluxes at $7.90 right now...got the repaint ironhide with all his snazzy weapons and a brawn to donate all the guns to...might do a repaint out of him...

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my big lots NEVER has transformers, if i am lucky, we get some during christmas, but it is just basics that dg sells