what happened to Uncle Billy?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warhide, Aug 25, 2016.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Probably depends largely on method of shipping. The cheap shipping probably gets handled/dropkicked by a lot of people along the way as well as sitting around for weeks getting crushed by other packages...where EMS and the like is going to be more direct. Also going to depend greatly on how well it's packed. Surrounded by an inch of styrofoam, it'll probably be more likely to hold up to the abuse. A layer of bubble wrap, not so much.

2. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure he's not. uncle billy ships from China and chimungmung from hong kong

3. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ive received hundreds of packages from China via all different methods. Sometimes the package is mint, sometimes it's crushed like a fat Asian man sat on it, took a nap, and then rolled over.

For me at least, it doesn't matter what method it was shipped. Alot goes to how well something was packaged but lately I've found it has alot to do with the structure of the inner packaging as well.

For example.. The kbb seekers. All. My boxes came with the fat man bum imprint. I think it was a combination of the boxes being huge and awkward, plus the inner packaging being cheap thin clear plastic clamshell. Compared to my TW Constructicons or ft Sovereign, both were packaged the same (bubble wrap only with more packaging outside) but because the inner packaging was foam and/or Styrofoam, they fared far better, almost mint.

In the end, I only really care that the figure isn't busted. I know some collect the boxes or want them for resale... I guess just have to think about it in advance.

Also, re uncle Billy.. I've never ordered from him personally but I always hear his name being recommended. What's the big draw?

I can usually find a supplier that will offer the same items cheaper and faster. Is there something I'm missing? Just loyal customers? (that's cool an all).

Also... Re using AliExpress. If you thought eBay was full of scammers, ae might not be your bag. Be prepared to wait a typical 35-59 days before you can even open a claim. Plus allow for another week of processing time before the 59 days kicks in. Further, once you are able to open a claim, the process is a little confusing and time consuming and claims are often left to the discretion of ae which you may not agree with. Forget their chat help as well. I had an issue and got disconnected 3 times in 40 mins, each time after I'd already explained the whole issue. I am an ae hater. Grr...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's good for getting the latest 3rd party stuff, including things like KOs that most domestic retailers won't carry. His prices are also sometimes better once you factor in shipping. Service is also very good, he ships quickly, and responds to messages and issues with orders.

Overall it's just a solid alternative to the usual stores.

5. Swindlle

Swindlle Well-Known Member

I only use one seller for my 3P stuff from AE and have ordered 8 orders with no problems. Their store is located in HongKong.