What happened to Sarah Stone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by SG Roadbuster, Apr 9, 2016.

1. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Do we know if Sarah stone is going to continue doing the covers for phase 2 of the hardback collections? Im assuming so, but assuming.. well..

Add my name to tehe list of people that want to see more from her on interiors, the wheeljack returning issue was great, as is her art in general.

As im pretty sure haywireds alliding to, it does seem to be a more complex process which doesnt lend itself to being churned out quickly, so a one shot or double size issue every now and again.. or a mini with enough lead in time to finish it comfortably would be great.. maybe.. oh something like.. legacy of rust ;) 

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'd have thought that once they asked her to do those, she did 10-ish right off the bat.

3. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I'd love to see her work on one-shots or the odd fill-in issue. That'd not have the hard scheduling of an ongoing, which like has been said is hard to adjust to.

I was a big fan of her work in the first mini and the exRiD issue she did, she handles emotions really well and added a lot to Scott's storytelling.

4. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

Sarah is no longer doing the HC covers. Volume 3's was done by Marcelo Matere and Tom B. Long.

I haven't seen anyone mention that, with the exception of Ramondelli's fast and loose style, not even TF line artists keep to a monthly schedule, which is why we have regular guest artists and pinch hitters. IDW is clearly willing to accommodate some schedule problems on occasion and delay the release of issues, but perhaps only in the case of writer-artists.

Also haven't seen anyone mention that at the end of her IDW run, Stone was looking for a flatting assistant. Pencil-to-color art with an even moderately detailed style seems way too much for one person on a monthly Transformers book, and she was clearly trying to adjust. Going from art director to comic artist can't be an easy transition, and I was truly impressed with the amount of work she accomplished during her stint; even without health issues, it was a massive workload.

She brought something unique to the IDW TF books, and I was sad to see her go. She was lovely to meet at TFCon, and she was a beast at knocking out commissions--I think she hit 24 in one day on Sunday.

On a more positive note, Sara Pitre-Durocher seems to be handling that same art director to comic artist transition well, with a more reasonable interior workload while she still handles covers and packaging art.

On that coloring tangent from earlier, I'd love to see Perez with Milne on MTMTE. They clearly enjoy working together, and I think that would show in the work. Maybe someday.

5. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Explain?

6. Resistor

Resistor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ghislain Barbe. He defined the look of the game Heavy Gear twenty years ago, and they're trying to revive the game. He was going to do some new art, but unfortunately couldn't, for family reasons. What's left of the Heavy Gear community was very supportive, I'm proud to say.

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'm sad to hear that Sarah Stone had to leave... she was a beautiful artist and gave Transformers a unique look to them. I wish her all the best in the future.