What happened offscreen on Cybertron in the G1 cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Distant1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I think fiction could be molded around the toys. I cannot recall seeing too many small Cybertronium space vehicles in the show.

Typo, it should have read I do not think any Alt-Mode would help Cosmos evade detection from the Dinobots.

Basically, any space vehicle going to/from earth would probably get the attention of the Decepticons, especially when Astrotrain was around.

Maybe my optic senses are failing me but where is Cosmos in this episode (check the 7.50-minute mark for an interesting space vehicle transformer)?

2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

again I say ....what?

Why would they want to hide from the Dinobots?
    True enough I guess
    It must be the faulty memory circuits of this old robot

For some reason my mind play tricks on me and I swapped powerglide for cosmos in that scene when he was talking about going and getting some of that stuff from the space bridge

• Like Like x 1
  3. Distant1

Another typo (lack of sleep or just lack of attention to detail), it should read 'help Cosmos evade detection from the Decepticons'.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Distant1

5. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Many gaps waiting to be filled. Takara's Legend's series is at least making an effort to fill in the blanks.

6. Distant1

Thanks for that, I will check it out.

7. Distant1

I have completed my fan fiction about events leading up to the Search for Alpha Trion episode (there will be fiction cover events after the Search of Alpha Trion in the coming weeks).

Transformers G1 Sunbow behind the Scenes 1985 - 2006

I hope this does not come across as too needy, but I have been wanting to write some fan fiction to cover events leading up to the 1986 movie since about 2003. So if you love as much as me, I hope you check it out and enjoy it. In addition, any feedback is appreciated.

8. Judgment Day

Judgment Day Energon Extractor No.533

I'm sure over the years it's been mentioned in another thread or two. Unless I missed it, there's a big omission in this topic as far as "behind the scenes" on Cybertron pertaining to a very odd scene in Desertion of the Dinobots Part II:

When Carly and Spike escape from Shockwave, they're guided by Sparkplug on earth to find the Cybertonium (or however it's spelled). They eventually run into a storage room that has a random stack of energon cubes...and Spike is very surprised to find this considering it was well known that Cybertron was either low or out of energy. Sparkplug tells them to move on and the episode continues.

The scene was pretty random, and it was never brought up again in the episode or series. Which begs the question, why bring this up to begin with if there wasn't a reason for it? Unfortunately, Earl Kress passed away almost a decade ago, so unless a more broad script is leaked, there's really no rhyme or reason as to what this could've led to. Even though it was more than likely a filler scene, we could always speculate. First thought would be that while the Autobots were able to thwart Decepticon attacks for the most part, they were still able to sneak in some successful missions and transport the energy to Cybertron via the Space Bridge, which to my knowledge was never destroyed. The energy was stored either to maintain the edge that the Decepticons had over Cybertron at the time, or to save them for a much larger attack.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Distant1

The scene was pretty consistent with the Search for Alpha Trion episode where the Fembots raided Shockwave's stack of energon. I just think that the Decepticon must have been able to complete a number of missions where they were able to get sufficient energon to transport some back to Cybertron. In addition, you had the Seachange and the Gambler episode where it shows Decepticons getting energy from other planets.

10. Distant1

Sorry, bit of a late reply, just been thinking about the final eviction of the Autobots from Cybertron, prior to 2005.

In essence after the Search for Alpha Trion episode, do you think that Optimus Prime sent more troops to Cybertron to assist Alpha Trion and the Fembots?

Given, that we never see Elita-1 (in the present) again, I am thinking that Optimus made a huge tactical blunder. For example, Optimus could have left to go to earth, and maybe the Acid Storm and other seekers were lurking around and shot dead the Fembots just after they were waving goodbye to the male Autobots.

If this were the case where Alpha Trion is captured should be more consistent with his base in the Search for Alpha Trion episode rather than a large looking base in the Key to Vector Sigma episode.

With Alpha Trion merging with Vector Sigma could this be the last Autobot living full time on Cybertron for a while?

In my ideal transformers world, Optimus would send troops to Cybertron to assist the Fembots and Alpha Trion. But given that Alpha Trion is just captured without anyone Autobot trying to protect him and given that in the Revenge of Bruticus episodes the only mobile inhabitants seen on Cybertron are Shockwave and the sentinels, I fear that no Autobots were living on Cybertron in the Revenge of Bruticus episode.

11. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

In my mind I’d like to imagine that all bots that were not seen until s3 of the series were on cybertron somewhere fighting decepticons... this would consist of the main cast of the ‘86 movie and bots like outback and etc...

12. Distant1

I would have a slight variation on that, I would have all the Autobots who were mentioned in the files of Teletran 2, as being off-world (away from Cybertron and Earth) stay off-world (the likes of SkyLynx, Springer, Arcee, etc). But for the others like Ultra Magnus and Pipes, I would have them being remaining on Cybertron at least after the Child's Play episode (where Chip contacts Cybertron). But, I am warming to the idea that the main exodus from Cybertron happened before the Key to Vector Sigma episode (given that no other Autobots seem to be in the vicinity). Just that the likes of Ultra Magnus went off-world for a while before they came to earth (after the BOT episode).

13. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

No, in retrospect and actual....lets say finances, it was not a blunder.

Megatrons objective from the onset was to revitilise Cybertron. Optimus and the Autobots were a reactionary force on Earth. They never took the offensive. They were outgunned, I feel the need to repeat here an observation:The Autobots, never in all three seasons won an outright battle against the Decepticons fair and square: They always relied in external forces, happenstance or dumbluck (or in cases Megatrons/Galvatrons innexplicable frustration calling retreats). The decepticons in an direct and square conflict would cream the Autobots completely, and the only decent fighters the Autobots had were the Dinobots, Omega and 3-4 bots from season 3 (barring Metroplex).

In that respect, with Megatron (pressumably) having located enough supplies to restore the planet (not necessary from earth, in season two and three, there is a strong indication that Megatron had conquered en enitre quadrant of the Galaxy) The final push to get rid of the Autobots on Cybertron was an innevitability. Prime made the right choice he (presumably) negotiated with the Earth goverments the construction of Autobot city and energy. Then evacuated the planet in the face of the upcoming onslaught.

Regarding the previous episodes: They were there. There was active Autobot resistance on Cybertron except the fembots. They presumably were querillas though. I cant see any other reason as to why the Decepticons would have armed response teams left on the planet and where all those season 2-3 bots-cons came from. Plus Prime wouldnt have loaded every Autobot on the planet (Except the femes) on the Arc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Distant1

That is really good and succinct. Do you have any theories on how the Autobots built their moons (to me, a series 2.5 would be really good if it showed the majority of Decepticons leaving Earth as well as dominating a quadrant of the galaxy, the arrival of new characters, the building of the moonbases and also the building of Autobot City)?

Given that I am of the belief that the Autobot resistance maybe in some sort of different groups, but I still think that Alpha Trion is some sort of hub that connects the Autobot resistance on Cybertron. As such, I find it strange that Optimus was surprised to hear about the Fembots. I just think that maybe the Fembots were deactivated for a while, as per my fanfiction (set between Triple Takeover and search for Alpha Trion - which has a number of Autobot and Decepticon deaths in it) in the following link.

Transformers G1 Sunbow behind the Scenes 1985 - 2006

When I wrote the fanfiction, I was of the belief that a big exodus occurred between Child's Play and Search for Alpha Trion but after the Fembots are safe and well the likes of Ultra Magnus and others are sent back to Cybertron to give support to the Fembots. Then there would be another battle set after BOT which would show the Autobots fleeing Cybertron.

However, when thinking about the Key to Vector Sigma episodes and the Revenge of Bruticus, there are only sentinels giving Shockwave support. This makes me question whether the likes of Ultra Magnus returned to Cybertron after the Fembots were rediscovered by Shockwave. To explain the lack of seekers on Cybertron during the aforementioned episodes I think that maybe the Autobot resistance was forced to flee Cybertron but instead of going to earth they were sent to a relatively rich planet that had sentient life which the Decepticons wanted to plunder. Only after those Autobots either won or lost (retreated) their battle did Autobots such as Ultra Magnus come to earth.

In essence, I am looking for a creative or good reason (something other than they did not have the animations ready for the season 3 Autobots and they forgot about Seekers still on Cybertron) why Seekers and Autobots on Cybertron did not seem to be present in the Key to Vector Sigma and Revenge of Bruticus episodes.

15. pilot00

No idea on the moons. I believe they existed from the begining, just they were not existing as an idea of the script writters and hence not shown. The narrator says that the staging areas (essentially the Autobot bases) were secret, not the moons themselves....I mean how could they construct freaking moons....in orbit around a planet...and not get noticed?

I share your theory about Alpha Trion, but as to what happened and how the evacuation of Cybertron proceeded is fair game to anyone.
    I so much wish they do a series based on these years...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Distant1

I guess anything is possible with a cartoon, but I cannot really see Cybertron's moons surviving the travel through the space bridge in the Ultimate Doom.

Based on information in this thread, in the link below, I am thinking that Grapple builds a scale model of the what the secret bases should look like and either Perceptor or Wheeljack have some sort of 'matter enlarger' and Omega takes this matter enlarger to near Cybertron, which I guess is not too far from asteroid belt which helps the secret moonbases blend in with the background. The scale models are then enlarged and maybe the Autobots have also got some sort of Hologram pointed on the secret moonbases for further camouflage.

Creation of Cybertron's Moons in the 1986 Movie

True

In the absence of a series 2.5 and a remake of the 1986 movie (wish these could be made and animated like the original series but with fewer errors), I hope you don't mind me asking on your (or anyone else's) thoughts on Decepticon movements after Starscream's shortlived coronation. Is it only Galvatron, Cyclonus and the Sweeps go back to Autobot City?

As such, the remaining forces (Blitzwing, Coneheads, Constructions, etc) who were at Autobot City, just putting statues in the crypt for the likes of Skywarp and Thundercracker and maybe even Megatron on Cybertron?

Or do you see some of the Decepticons going back to Autobot City (but just not illustrated at the 2nd battle of Autobot City) but maybe some also went to the Ark (or other spots were Autobots are located, like the desert for Omega Supreme), to try and finish off remaining Autobots there?

I think the majority of the Decepticons did rejoin Galvatron at the Junkion planet, as evidenced by the Decepticon fleet and the Daniel, Scavenger and Shrapnel (weirdly) scene.

Lastly, on the Decepticon exodus in 2005, do you have any thoughts about how soon they retreated from Cybertron after Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime?

I am thinking the main Decepticon infrastructure and energy supplies are destroyed by Unicron and the Decepticons retreat to other parts of the galaxy, gradually their army is forced even further back, ultimately to Chaar.

17. pilot00

That seems...quite unbelievable to me. I mean how do you create 'secret' bases when two large moons appear out of nowhere? The Decepticons were aware of the moonbases existance. Plus even if such large scale construction was possible (the expenses and logistics would be enormous) I doubt the Decepticons would allow Omega supreme alone to do what he pleased.

Galvatron also was pretty much pissed off when Unicron munched the moons, considering them his possessions.

I think Galvs loaded the ship with troops but in Autobot city he deployed the Sweeps and Cyclonus only. He probably considered the Autobots far too gonne to offer any meaningfull resistance (and all honesty they were).

Regarding 2005: Without Galvatron/Megatron and Starscream around (yes Starscream, he might be...well....Starscream...but he could form a focal point of centralised command), Cybertron in ruins, many heavy hitters absent or awal (Combaticons, Stunticons etc) and the remnants of the Autobots landing with the Dinobots in tow, I think the Decepticons packedup and called a full scale retreat to the edges of space. As the Autobots consolidated their forces, they probably made up follow up cleaning operations. With the fragmentation of commande, its entirely possible that the Decepticon empire fell into chaos rebellion and turmoil, quite possibly forcing the decepticon rullers and their assets to evac to Char. Or so I think.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Distant1

I pretty much think that everything is quite unbelievable when it comes to secret bases near Cybertron. If there was a series 2.5, I would like to think the moonbases had some sort of fortification. For instance, an asteriod belt could be retconned (as could the moons also always being there) as being between the secret bases and Cybertron. Another asteroid belt could be between the moonbases and Earth.

Sounds good.

I heard there was some early version of the script where Blaster stays behind and with the help of some other Autobots fights off some Decepticons. If that is not the case I just assume he hid by transforming into a human sized ghetto blaster.

I pretty much think that all the Autobots who were not seen or heard of again died, but knowing exactly where and when is hard to come up with. Maybe if Sideswipe and Tracks survived the Construction attack as per the script that was not animated, they may have died here. As could of Sunstreaker and Hound if they survived the battle of Autobot City.

I wish Five Faces of Darkness was like episode 4 of season 3 as there seems to be a lot of good untapped content here.

I like to think that Combaticons and Stunticons were essentially cancelling out the Aerialbots and Protectobots (at least stopping the Autobot Combiners getting to Autobot City. If they were battling maybe news of Cybertron impending doom caused the combiner groups to stop fighting and get to Cybertron quickly if the space-bridge was still working.

It would be interesting to see when Cyclonus became a sort of interim leader before Galvatron was reunited with the Decepticons in Five Faces of Darkness. A bit of House of Cards type situation. I wonder if Soundwave or Onslaught or maybe even one of the generic characters (like one of the green colored Shockwaves) could have been Decepticon leader for a bit.

19. pilot00

They published a comic where it depicts that exact situation: The Autobot combiners and Omega were defending the Ark against the Decepticon combiners.

I believe Cyclonus and the Sweeps were actively monitoring the state of affairs and when it became evident that there was no progress to be made decided that they had to find Galvatron.

20. Wheeljack1984

Wheeljack1984 Transformers fan since 1984

Ebay:
    The way I see it, Cybertron was ravaged from cycles and cycles of a civil war BEFORE we join the story in "More than Meets the Eye." Cybertron is running low on energy and both sides are fighting not only an ideological war, but a war for survival. At this point in the story, the ruthless, tyrannical Decepticons have the upper hand and have been proven to stop at nothing to obtain and keep power and control over the entire planet, even if it means destroying it.

Because of this, many Autobots have given up on Cybertron and have left to live peaceful lives elsewhere. This unfortunately leaves fewer and fewer Autobots to fight back against the Decepticons (which is how they got the upper hand). Optimus Prime realizes that if the Decepticons win the war, then all of Cybertron's culture, history, and ideology will be lost with it. He can not abide by this loss, so he and his crew commission the Ark to be built in secret. Once it is ready to launch, all of the remaining Autobots on Cybertron are called to come aboard. Most make it aboard, but some do not. Alpha Trion considers himself too old and to invested to leave his home. Elita-1 and her crew barely miss boarding the rocket due to the Decepticon attack that occured right before launch.

With the launch of the Ark, the Decepticons won Cybertron.

Despite having control over an entire planet, Megatron, fueled by his ideological hatred for all things Autobot decided to follow Optimus Prime and his crew into space to destroy them. This was the biggest mistake he ever made, as he caused high ranking Decepticons to crash land along with the Autobots on Earth.

Any Autobot that was left behind on Cybertron went into hiding or, if they had enough energy and resources, left the planet, as was the case with the Autobot bounty hunter seen in "The Gambler". Shockwave, being formerly employed by the Cybertronian Government, took a more cold and logical approach to leadership on Cybertron. Having been appointed Cybertron's caretaker by Megatron, Shockwave decided that survival was above ideological conflict and set to preserve Cybertron as best he could while holding to the Decepticon ideology. The problem Shockwave had was that Autobot resistance cells still existed on the planet, which presented ideological backlash. Being a cold, logical leader, he sought to silence these resistance cells as they posed a threat to re-ignite the war.

Any newer Transformers that were created during this time period were MUCH smaller than previous generations due to the energy crisis on the planet. Micromasters began to populate the planet. Most were neutral, however there were some that took ideological sides when it came to the energy needs of themselves and the planet. To distance themselves from the Autobots and Decepticons, they called themselves Maximals and Predacons. The Maximals believed in individual freedom in regards to the usage of fuel, whereas the Predacons believed in tyrannical rule and regulation of the use of fuel. Becoming frustrated with the energy crisis, the Maximals decided to go looking for more Energon in the universe, settling upon a small, Energon rich planet known as Earth. The Predacons realized very quickly that their ideas would not survive if the Maximals were to find the Energon they needed, so they hatch a plan to destroy the Maximal effort. Of course, this ends up with them crash landing on Earth, not far from the Ark....