What from idw universe would you like to see in other continuity's?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by gregles, Nov 26, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

I'm not quite sure if this even belongs in general discussion or not. If you are fortunate enough to be reading Idw comics you will know it is quickly adding loads to the transformers mythology and some parts have already have subtle influences. What parts would you like to see appearing in other fiction.

here is a few silly and serious ideas I had. whirl in the transformers movies? rung in animated (or reanimated if they brought it back) overlord and DJD in rescue bots :ev:  the institute in transformers prime . Miko being a decepticon facsimile grown to get the autobots killed.

2. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I forsee a lot of "Rung and Swerve in everything ever" posts, though I thoroughly agree with the sentiment, and I only read the TFWiki summaries.

3. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

I love the creation myth of the Transformers in the IDW Universe. They should use that in every continuity, and make the thirteen Primes the Knights of Cybertron.

4. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I love about the mythology of IDWverse is that I don't have to believe it. I'm sick of 'The Thirteen is real! You must believe their existence!'. Freedom of Relegion, yay!

The idea of The Institute is also intriguing. (But the kids wouldn't want to willingly see their favorite robots disappearing into somewhere and brainwashed...)

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I would love for The Guiding Hand to be a competing religion with the 13. I dislike the Transformers religion being 100% fact. It should be just as flawed and fictitious as our own religions.

Turn and the DJD should be used more often as well.

I love Rodimus so seeing him done fatastic here makes me want to see him this way in other media and more often.

Swerve and Rung... nuff said.

The concept that the rest of the galaxy hates Cybertronians is fantastic and should be used far more often.

Nails should be used more often as well.

6. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Shockwave's origin in some form

Rung appearing in other new continuities.

Tarn and maybe a few other members of the DJD appearing.

Whirl, Skids, and Tailgate taking inspiration from their IDW versions.

Religion that can be believed or doubted, but never proven one way or the other. Like Ryoku, I always hated that these things were laid in black and white as facts.

7. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    James Roberts

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    this, all of the this.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

The Guiding Hand, the Institute, cybertronian politics.

10. gregles

gregles quintesson

we don't know for curtain yet but it looks likely that ultra magnus could be making an appearance in transformers prime. How would people here feel if they made him the never smiling, ultra strict, kinda fascist cop we get in idw?

If they ever did some more beast wars/machines fiction (maybe more comics?) I think the institute or at least some shadowplay could be very interesting mixed in with all the time travel and the golden disk.

just had a funny thought we nearly got drift with wheelejack in transformers prime, not exactly what we asked for but hey ho

PS Michael Bay please no D-void in transformers 4 as he is easily the most boring one dimensional villain since the fallen and look where that got you?

11. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I second this motion. Make it so!

12. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

This.

I also like IDW's backstory for Shockwave, and would love to see that incorporated elsewhere. As well as the Decepticons' more "politically" motivated origins.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Rung, Swerve's personality, Whirl's personality, Magnus' personality, Tarn and the DJD, Optimus not being a pansy, and the biology/religion surrounding transformation as well as just the different religions and views instead of just one, univerally accepted "Primus/Allspark/13 stupid idiots" mythology that's completely true and infallible.

14. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1

15. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Yeah nail on the head right there, I wanna nominate him for one of those Hall of Fame awards like yesterday. Things I'd like to see in other media DJD, Squadron X, and Roberts/Roche's Gray Prowl.

16. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just love the diversity of opinions and views. It's what real intelligent creatures would come up with. I love that religion is mystic and conflicting to a degree - that there are zealots and non-believers. I love that there is not just two mindsets - good and bad - there are many ideas and each character is unique. I also really love how characters who were Autobot or Decepticon during the war came from many different walks of life. Former government went to both side, soldiers went to both sides, etc. And now in the post-war era, they are all taking on different roles again. I've never liked the idea that the two factions were like two different races or species, I like the idea of them just being two military groups in a war. I love that there are real anti-heroes and that there are "heroic" bad guys.

tl;dr, I like that it's not a black and white universe.

As much as I love the characters, I don't want to see them become as played out as some others have become, so what I want most to carry over from IDW is ORIGINALITY and REINVENTION. Also, bringing some life to post-'86 characters with no previous fiction is great.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This is the correct response.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    :lol  so true! He should be writing the next TF series after Prime!

19. gregles

gregles quintesson

given how he has managed to make some seriously rubbish earlier idw comics interesting and relevant. what would be wrong with him taking over prime instead? so far prime has been competent to great so he wouldn't have to use as much of his super polish a turd abilities which he has displayed in idw and I'm sure he would give knockout some great one liners. Do you think he could calm the hate in the prime forums? and make it as pleasant as the comic forums?

20. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Everything written above. Perfect.