What Figure Has No One Gotten Right Yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bumblemus Prime, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

I know we've all got wish lists (where the ****'s my Rung, MMC???) but do any of you have figures that you bought, displayed, and still don't feel satisfied with?

I've never liked Perfect Effect Warden as IDW Fort Max. He's beautiful, but way too fiddly, with an upgrade kit that just made him look like he was wearing stilts. The whole gimmick of the figure--Fort Max's head, a massive tank, a scout tank, many fan modes--translates into partsforming and . Also, I'm grumpy because his waist ratchet broke on my yesterday, and although I've glued it, it's a worryingly small piece to supprt that much weight! And SUCH an expensive figure to break a tiny hinge.

So I need an IDW Fort Max. One that just turns from big robot into big tank. Headmaster optional even! Just TAKE THE ALEX MILNE DRAWING AND MAKE IT REAL.

How about you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I guess I'd say Masterpiece Megatron, despite all the attempts. Even Takara missed the boat. It's maybe the best of them, but it fails for being too skinny and frail looking.

• Like Like x 4
  3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A modern Lio Kaiser.... Hasbro's CW doesn't have the entire team and TFC's only works if you want to display the figures in robot/vehicle mode. Once combined, the figure turns into a floppy mess...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In terms of an MP character that's lacking any kind of decent figure, I'd have to say Astrotrain or maybe Blurr.
    The DX9 Chigurh is grossly skinny/lanky and just fails in robot mode. Shuttle is okay and trains decent but you have to get bot mode right!
    And UT Buzzing is just so clunky and awkward looking. Lacks any sense of dynamic fluidity which Blurr has to have.
    Also not thrilled with any MP Jazz offering. MT was so close but the vehicle looks like a cheap plastic toy rather than a premium collectable, just like everything else MT produces.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Almost every character has not been done perfectly to my tastes yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems that no one, Hasbro/Takara or 3rd party can nail down a good Cliffjumper. Either it's the difficulties with the chibi cartoon proportions versus real life car mode or the face sculpts not capturing his look.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Seekers, TT are the best looking but need more accurate plane modes for those first three and more toon looking legs, plus they are like floppy as can be.

An MP devastator with both modes looking great. Toyworld looks closest, but its practically 7 constructicons.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    I quite like XTBs Cliffy. Takara set the precedent for realistic alt mode with Bumblebee and that's what most will stick to. Toyworlds Bii is an example of how chibi modes don't fit into MP. I would also suggest that Gewalts tank is almost a chibi version and for me it also stands out way too much.
    Face sculpts are something that almost every 3P has struggled with on at least one of their products.

9. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Definitely Astrotrain.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'd say IDW Whirl. The upcoming MMC figure doesn't hit the right notes for me and the Generations voyager is far too G1 looking.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Oh yes!!! Please give me a skinny, psychotic MTMTE Whirl. This is probably my biggest want for the IDW line!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    All of the Decepticon triple-changers.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Cartoon accurate MP Seekers that have proper to on style legs !!! Only one so far is the legends DX9 version that have yet to be released, but so far their proto are the best as yet !!! I just want them in MP scale or taller !!

MP Astrostrain !! Maybe an upscaled Transportation captain would work with better QC and some ratchets !!

Cartoon Accurate Chibi Bumblebee and Cliffjumper.. and not these "real car" stuff either !!!
    Actual Chibi penny racers, similar to what TW done !!

And MP Bruticus and Menasors, these need to be done, and done right.. somewhere between the toy and toon !!!

14. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

IMO, no one has done Computron right. Close in the three (?) post G1 toy cases that exist, but no one has nailed it. With all that being said, I still would like to own either Takara's or Hasbro's Computron :) 

15. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I'm not content with any of the Sunstreaker options.

• Like Like x 9
  16. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Jetfire, because daca toys just messed it up with the fans and crap, fanstoys just went off the grid for phoenix, beautiful alt. mode, just off looking face and intakes.

• Like Like x 3
  17. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Good eye!

Interesting, though it is one of my most anticipated figures of all time, I must say that whilst the face sculpt isn't bad, it just doesn't evoke, pacifist/gentle giant that won't harm a fly Skyfire. I think it's his eyes!

I would say Grimlock, TT's alt-mode is spot on in my opinion, its only loses points because the neck isn't gold for a toon purist like myself. Other than that it nails the alt-mode. Now, its robot mode is lacking and this is where it fails.

I was hoping FT would literally take everything wrong with MP-08 in robot mode and improve it while leaving everything which is good about it the same or improving, they however put too much 'spin' on him which has resulted in a figure with some rather questionable proportions in alt mode and robot mode, but luckily the toon accurate head will be on it's way so the blow will be softened.

18. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    As much as I love Chigurh I have to say Astrotrain. But I like Chigurh enough to not really care about a steam locomotive or a ugly not realistic shuttle. Chigurh ain't getting replaced.

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    rodimus, whirl, drift, skids imo
    want them idw
    i suppose theres others as well

• Like Like x 1
  20. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Kup.