What exactly do some of the 13 primes turn into?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Iruini, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

We do know what some of the primes like vector prime have as their alt mode and some are easy to guess like onyx but what do the others turn into if we are to assume that the 13 had the ability to transform. This is basically for any continuity I'm just curious what the alt mode could probably be for like micronus or alchamist prime

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guarantee you they never put any thought into that.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

For Micronus, I'm comfortable with the thought that he turns into his Prime Master form, as a way to power-up anyone else. He's tiny, so it makes sense.

As for Onyx, he seems like he's a man-beast, like a Centaur, almost like he's permanently between forms. Perhaps that's his beast mode and he has a robot mode he never uses.

Prima - If we're basing his model on Protoform Optimus Prime, then a comet-shaped space ship.

Amalgamous - I see him as a multi-changer. He could have 7, 10, 100, or infinite forms.

Alchemist - I'd guess some sort of Cybertronian microscope / mixing machine.

To be honest though, since they were the first Cybertronians, they most likely didn't even transform at all.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While it's obviously not true in every continuity, Hasbro's "Aligned" Thirteen don't actually transform. The only one with the power to change forms is Amalgamous Prime, who gets the power from his artifact, the Transformation Cog. When the Thirteen activated the Well of All Sparks and created the Cybertronian race, Amalgamous encoded the blueprints of the cog into them so that everyone would be "born" with one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Corpses.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

Lol

7. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    Pretty much, though they freaking should have. Vector Prime and Alpha Trion were the only ones with alt modes, and Alpha's alt mode changes with every interpretation - a lot of the time, he doesn't even have one.

Well, now they do.

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Nexus Prime separates into his 5 component members who each transform themselves.

Megatronus varies with each incarnation. A Cybertronian jet or tank.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

1. Prima Prime has two possibilities, one based on his supposed incarnation from the G1 cartoon and another based on tradition. As one of the core line of Matrix-bearing leaders he could be some kind of truck, though his animation model from the Sunbow cartoon is a modified Cyclonus so a type of jet is possible.

2. Liege Maximo has no discernible parts hinting at any particular alternate mode.

3. Alpha Trion has been envisioned as several vehicles in lore and merchandise now, from cars to jets to lions. Lions are his most consistent form followed by jets.

4. Vector Prime is a star ship.

5. Autonomous Maximus, the Last Autobot, is a star ship very much like Alpha Trion and Vector Prime.

6. Logos Prime, who's totally not supposed the chaotic shapeshifter Amalgamous Prime, is a stealth fighter jet.

7. Solus Prime has nothing to go by. Considering her forging motif perhaps a larger hammer or anvil lol or small car or cycle based on her frame but it's speculative.

8. Micronus Prime has nothing to go by. Considering he's a Mini-con he could honestly be anything at that scale though the spikes on his back remind be of the spoiler on the back of a car like Hot Rod.

9. Maccadam, who's totally not supposed to be the elemental boozer Alchemist Prime, is apparently a gigantic and dangerous killing machine in Cyberverse.

10. Onyx Prime sort of has a beast mode if you don't blink in the IDW comics while rushing the Fallen. Ironically his robot mode is a four-legged centaur and his beast mode is a two-legged, clawed bird thing.

11. Nexus Prime has no one vehicle mode since he is constantly dividing into smaller units, however, of those we've seen jets, missile trucks, tanks and copters. As a whole he has visible jet turbines in IDW.

12. Quintus Prime has nothing to go by. Maybe something aquatic based considering the Quintesson motif or a space bridge considering lore, but it's speculative.

13. Megatronus Prime, the Fallen, is most often heavy tanks followed by alien jets.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that while Rung is the only Guiding Hand member with a revealed mode (Matrix-maker device), the rest can sort of be guessed by their body types and designs. For instance Epistemus and Solomus are clearly jets with visible wings, turbines for Epistemus and cockpit for Solomus. Adaptus and Mortilus are harder to determine but Mortilus' power to fly and chest pattern resembling a folded propeller may indicate a copter-like mode and Adaptus' battle-ready frame could indicate either a heavy tank or warship of some kind.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont know

11. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Then why would you even respond?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I'll admit I don't mind Alpha Trion being a lion.

13. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Because that’s the point: nobody really knows. What the 13 transform into depends on the continuity; and that’s if they have an alt mode or even exist in the continuity to begin with.

14. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

Prima. Alt mode unknown. Based off the image it could be anything from a type of alien animal/insect to a vehicle probably flying or hover due to lack of visible wheels
    [​IMG]

Vector Prime.
    [​IMG]

Cybertronian spaceship
    [​IMG]

Alpha Trion.
    [​IMG]

Lion. Seen toys that turn into a lion and a spacecruiser/airship carrier. A friend once claimed he transformed into a butterfly which kind of makes sense I guess.
    [​IMG]

Solus Prime. Can't find pictures of her transforming into anything so seemingly no alt mode
    [​IMG]

Micronus Prime. Alt mode unknown. Being that he is micromaster sized. Maybe he's similar to a power master and can augment other transformers?
    [​IMG]

Alchemist Prime. Alt mode unknown
    [​IMG]

Onyx Prime. Now this guy is really interesting. His robot mode seems to be a winged centaur like creature
    [​IMG]

alt mode looks to be some kind of alien dragon(If that is infact his alt mode)
    [​IMG]

Amalgamous Prime. Errrr......
    [​IMG]

Quintus Prime. Literally no idea. Possibly something plant based?
    [​IMG]

Liege Maximo. He has wings so a bird or dragon like creature? Maybe a Griffin?
    [​IMG]

The fallen
    [​IMG]

A heavily armed cybertron tank
    [​IMG]

Optimus Prime (apparently he's one of the thirteen)
    [​IMG]

A Truck.
    [​IMG]

That was allot of work. I'm done.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Would like to point out that officially only one member of the 13 ever actually had a T-Cog and he had MANY alternate modes as he could essentially transform at will into literally ANYTHING. This really makes no sense though for a few reasons I'm going to explain as I go through each of the Primes.

1. Prima Prime: I'm OK with him being a Jet or a Truck though he has no official alt mode.

2. Vector Prime: Space Shuttle/Cybertronian Jet mode. This is official cannon and actually existed BEFORE the part about only one member of the 13 having a T-Cog so how is it Vector Prime also has a T-Cog?

3. Alpha Trion: Space Shuttle/Cybertronian Jet mode or Lion. Both of these are official alt modes Alpha Trion has taken and again both have existed before the bit about someone else having the only T-Cog among the group. It also doesn't make sense for him to be a Lion when Onyx is known to be the first Beast and Alpha Trion predates him.

4. Solus Prime: Officially has never had an alternate mode but I could easily picture her being a small car or motorcycle similar to Arcee. Probably because a 3rd Party company made a toy of her as a repaint/retool of their Arcee mold. Though that was more based on the Car Arcee… that said the retooling similar to a Prime vehicon basically turned that car into a jet so that could also work for Solus.

5. Micronus Prime: I don't think he's ever had an official alt mode. Though being a Mini-con I've always imagined him being Cybertron Safeguard as that was the Mini-con that came with Vector Prime and was also repainted into Beta Maxx for Alpha Trion. So I always associate that mold as being the first Mini-con. He could also just be like the Power of the Primes version and just be a tiny little Powermaster thing that doesn't actually resemble anything.

6. Alchemist Prime: No official alternate mode but I kinda imagine him transforming into something similar to Bulkhead's vehicle mode. Someone customized a Bulkhead into Alchemist and it looked really good so I think that works.

7. Nexus Prime: This is one of the reasons it makes no sense why only one of the 13 has a T-Cog. Nexus is the first combiner and each of his components has their own vehicle form so this dude has FIVE T-Cogs in order to make his combination work. Though depending on which version of Nexus you're looking at the component parts are completely different robots. One story also says that Nexus wasn't always a combiner. He supposedly started out as a single robot that was split into five parts and the different parts essentially forgot they were once part of a Prime. This was later reconned to be a myth and changed to where he was always designed as a combiner. Though the part about the components having no memories of their time as Nexus remained true... still they were always Transformers and we still haven't even gotten to the guy with the first T-Cog yet.

8. Onyx Prime: The first Beastformer! There's a few options here. I tend to lean towards bat because the name makes me think of Onyx Primal, that black repaint of the bat Optimus Primal figure. Though since this goes along with aligned supposedly and the way his design looks it kinda looks he was a dragon like all the Predacons in that continuity. He does also kind of have a centaur look to him... and also wings... so maybe he transforms into a Pegasus? Being that he's known to be the first beast Transformer the only thing we know for sure is that his alt mode has to be an animal and can't be a vehicle.

9. Amalgamous Prime: This is the guy who supposedly was the first actual Transformer and the only member of the 13 with a T-Cog despite the fact that he's the ninth Prime and at least four Primes who came before him are also known to have T-Cogs. It would make more sense if he was the first to have more than 2 modes and could of eventually taught others to do it too. But no he's spose to be the only one with a T-Cog and every Cybertronian AFTER the 13 would also be given a T-Cog based on his but limited to 2 modes. Anyway due to the nature of his every changing form you could literally say ANYTHING and you'd be right.

10. Quintus Prime: Not known to Transform... and I personally hate that this character even exists so I'm not going to bother coming up with one either.

11. Liege Maximo: No known alternate mode but consider how similar he is to other characters I kind of imagine him in a retooled seeker body with Loki-like details in his robot mode. Basically in my mind he's like if you were to fuse Starscream with Marvel's Loki

12. Megatronus Prime/The Fallen: He's a tank... or a Jet but most often a tank and I think the tank works better. It actually looks like something as apposed to the jet which just looks like Hasbro took a robot that was never intended to transform into anything and folded it up. I mean the wings are clearly just this feet.

13. Optimus Prime: A truck... obviously. And unlike other Primes who are known to transform this is the only one who is known to have only received his alt mode after he gave up his status as a Prime and was reborn as Orion Pax. Getting the Matrix and becoming Optimus Prime once more helped him regain his memories of being a Prime but he got to keep the alt mode. So his original body supposedly didn't transform into anything.

So there's at least 5 Primes besides Amalgamous who are all suppose to have the ability to Transform which totally contradicts the idea that only Amalgamous has a T-Cog. You could say the others were upgraded at some point to include them and weren't created with them but again that only seems to be true for Optimus. Plus Onyx and Nexus must have always been created with T-Cons because Nexus can't be a combiner without one and Onyx can have a beast mode without one.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Balance

I honestly feel like, maybe they...Shouldn't have any?

Hear me out. The idea is that there was a time before Cybertronians had the ability to transform. If the 13 are the first Cybertronians, then it follows that they wouldn't have alt-modes.

Now, obviously, the actual fiction doesn't quite portray this. The Fallen and Vector tend to have alt-modes in most of their appearances (ROTF Fallen didn't transform in the movie, but his toys portray some kind of jet mode). Sometimes Alpha Trion transforms, sometimes he doesn't. Amalgamous has to be capable of transformation, that's his whole deal. Nexus, as a combiner, requires some degree of transformation, at least into component parts. Prima however has never been shown to have an alt-mode (and his original design doesn't even appear to have one, supporting the idea of a time before alt-modes were a thing). Liege, Onyx, Quintus, Micronus and Solus are the ones who don't have a clear ability to transform, though Onyx is the easiest to work an alt-mode into. If Cyberverse Maccadam is indeed meant to be Alchemist, then we know he has the ability, but we don't know what he transforms into.

But if they HAVE to have alt-modes, I guess I'll agree with @SaberPrime up there.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  17. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering could nexus Prime somehow started as singular robot but late chose to seperate his body into multiple robots? So basically more kind of a seperator than a combiner?

18. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Micronus should turn into one of those RID2015 puck like disks since his most prominent role in fiction was in that series.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That was the original idea except this was later retconned to be a myth rather than his actual story. Plus he already looked like he was made of smaller robots before having his limbs chopped off... which is supposedly how he became a combiner is because his limbs were chopped off and the five pieces of him some how became individual robots with no memory that they were once part of a larger robot.

20. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Liege Maximo is the small one with the horns and cape, not the big one. The big one is still Onyx.