What do you want reissued from Earthrise?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Notomus, Apr 16, 2021.

?

What should be reissued?

1. Coneheads (all three)

84 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Prowl and Ironhide

74 vote(s)
    48.1%
  3. Ratchet and Lifeline

70 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Runabout

42 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. Netflix Bumblebee

53 vote(s)
    34.4%
  6. Netflix Soundwave

53 vote(s)
    34.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want them all re-released in retro packaging.

Yes....ALL of them! :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  2. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  3. topnotch97

topnotch97 Lexi Belle fan

Ratchet and Bumblebee

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I second the motion for another Quint judge release. Something happened on the way to the gym for him and ended up in mass quantities at Ollie's, IIRC, along with some others while a good portion of the country never even saw him.

That's really the biggest problem here. There's several toys not seeing proper distribution and then getting sold out on pallets to discounters that only serve about half the country.

That said, much of it is really some of us just sleeping at the keyboard. All of these figures were easily pre-ordered and available at some point in time. But if you snoozed on them, you end up here. Even I had a Quint Judge on preorder and then cancelled thinking I'd see him in stores (I have the pit of Judgement and thought I'd save myself from spending so much money at once).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mustuhdon

Mustuhdon Member

Honestly, all of those Amazon exclusives need to be reissued.

One that really pisses me off that wasn’t mentioned in the poll was that Phantom Strike Squadron set that came with Skywarp.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BlastOff682

BlastOff682 Well-Known Member

The Coneheads and Earthrise prowl and ironhide, Missed both of them and I hope they get reissued

• Like Like x 2
  7. topnotch97

topnotch97 Lexi Belle fan

what about Bluestreak?
    he was a Walgreens exclusive, right?

• Like Like x 2
  8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    All the exclusives. Coming in as a GI Joe fan it was utterly devastating when barely anyone could get Cobra Island at retail. Fuck resale value. Just reissue the exclusives.

Why though? He was available for months. You only missed out on him if you were hibernating during Siege or waiting for sales that aren't even guaranteed to happen.

9. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus Purveyor of Pineapple Kryptonite

All of them. But especially the Coneheads - I don't have them and would love to be able to complete my Earth G1 Seekers.

I'm fortunate enough to have acquired the rest aside from Netflix Soundwave (saw him available a few times, but I already have Siege Soundwave and just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger), but I would really like them all to be reissued so that those who missed out get another chance. I feel Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, Soundwave, Bumblebee, and the Coneheads are all essential G1 characters.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

The problem is there are something like 60 "major" characters from 84-86, and a good number of them (Seekers, Datsuns, etc) are redecos. With the limited number of retail slots, the only way they were getting everyone out was by taking advantage of exclusive outlets. Since it is easier to make a profit on exclusives using redecos, that's where a lot of those ended up. The pandemic then came along and fucked up the exclusive model.

11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand why they felt they had to break up remolds but Bumblebee, Soundwave, Ironhide, Ratchet and Prowl are legit major characters. I would not count the majority of the G1 cast as major.

• Like Like x 1
  12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    those 2 being solely released in an exclusive subline at one retailer really is kind of insane.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    Yes but there is no main line version of the ER Ironhide/Ratchet mold...

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I got everything I wanted but I’m not blind to the fact the exclusives were very difficult to get for everyone who wanted them, especially Bumblebee, Soundwave, Ironhide/ Prowl, Ratchet, Runabout, and the three Coneheads so I hope those are reissued so the people who missed out get another chance at them.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly everything past wave 1. Except arcee. That POS has peg warmed around me between ER and Kingdom rerelease. And Wheeljack for the same reason plus Netflix. I mean fuck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nortran11

nortran11 Active Member

Instagram:
    All the Amazon "exclusives" need to be re-released and not made exclusive. The fact that I can buy a Masterpiece Prowl for less than what these scalpers are trying to sell the Prowl/Ironhide set is absolutely insane.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see him often

18. Mustuhdon

Mustuhdon Member

First, I started collecting Transformer figures late last year. I wasn’t even aware of any of the WFC stuff until then.

Second, Skywarp is a character that shouldn’t be a limited exclusive when Starscream and Thundercracker aren’t. Those three go together.

Third. If you have Scourge and Spinister, you need the set in order to give them their proper battlemasters.

The price of the set has gotten really stupid. If they are talking about doing reissues, then that set should be a contender.

19. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

It is a remold. Still much cheaper to produce (and profit from) than an original mold.

The figure was readily available the year it was released and even reissued in 2020 through TakaraTomy. There will always be new collectors wanting figures that they missed without paying the late fee (and I paid it dearly for this set) and chasing the after market would be a fool's errand for Hasbro. This isn't like the Earthrise exclusives that had their releases impacted by the pandemic, forcing stores to cancel preorders when promised supply could not be delivered.

As a favorite character, I'd prefer Skywarp get a mainline release, but as a redeco, is unlikely to gain a spot. Mainline releases tend to be reserved for new (and expensive) molds, and redecos for exclusives. It is rare to see two straight repaints in the same main line.

All that said, I think that a possible solution would be to release Skywarp in a new deco. Many weren't happy the first time, so maybe give him an alternate color scheme - the more traditional black (as opposed to dark gray) and perhaps with the pinkish-purple of his Classics release.
    [​IMG]

As for the targetmasters, with the new releases of the SS86 figures and Cyclonus, maybe there is an opening for a boxset? As I recall, Fracas and Firebolt were the only partners to the 86 bots released. Add in Nightstick, Recoil, and Haywire and collectors might not mind the double dip on the other molds.

Define "nonexclusive". Those are a lot of figures and shelf space in retail stores (ie WalMart and Target) is at a premium. Hasbro has new product going there.

If its going to e-tailers like BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and the rest, the numbers would still be fairly limited, as they are with the Generations Selects.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  20. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I would be happy if they reissed centurion drone weapons pack so i can get roller

• Like Like x 3