What do you want in the 2014 Transformers series?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatron1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

It's been confirmed that a new Transformers show will be replacing Prime in 2014. Check it out here for proof:
    Roberto Orci Talks New Transformers Animated Series - ComingSoon.net

We have yet to know what it will be about exactly, but what do you want to see in it?

Personally, I would like to see them pull out a plot from the Marvel Comics.

A 2-part episode where Shockwave feel it is logical he is leader of Decepticons. Megatron and Shockwave fight for control, Shockwave wins, now Optimus and Megatron have to team up to defeat Shockwave so Megatron can re-gain control. That'd be an interesting episode.

What do you want to see?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Preferably something that ties into the results of TFP, but with better stories, new characters, more character growth, and no G1 movie lines.

3. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    In my opinion, I'd want to see that ONLY if Megatron retakes control by the end of the two-parter. I felt Megatron was worthless in the Marvel comics run, and I hated how there was always constant competition for the role Decepticon leader. It should be Megatron, unifying the Decepticons, not causing constant fractions.

4. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

See, I was always a fan of the Decepticon leader parade in the Marvel comics. I think it helps to see villains with different angles and agendas, keeps things from getting too stale. There's only so many Megatron schemes to be foiled before it starts seeming silly.

Bring on Scorponok! Bring on Thunderwing! Bring on Ratbat!

Mostly I just hope they tone down the 'drama' a bit. Not every episode has to be earth-shaking fate of all existence, especially at the expense of rational continuity.

I also hope they broaden the Transformers' world this time. Intimate casts are fine if done right (I don't think Prime really got it right), but I miss my TF cast of hundreds. Let me feel the wider stakes, not just the stakes for seven or eight autobots and a handful of humans. Really good shows build a world, not just an episode.

5. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yes, I would much rather Megatron with one overarching scheme, so not like in the G1 cartoon. But like I've mentioned before, my problem is that it almost was like Megatron didn't deserve to be leader. He was probably one of the worst characters in the Marvel run, and I thought it was awful what they did to him. I mean what happened to the Megatron who "ate Autobot protoforms for breakfast" in those comics? He seemed like a joke.

6. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd like the next series to focus more on Cybertron and the bot war than Earth and the humans. These shows always seem to include the most irritating and, largely useless, human characters under the guise that it somehow allows the audience to better relate to the robotic characters. I disagree with that assertion. Some of the best episodes from G1 and TF Prime happened when the humans weren't around. Beast Wars managed almost two entire seasons without any human involvement and it's hailed as one of the best Transformer series to date.

7. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

CGI.
    Other than that I'm open!

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I want Orci and Kurtzman to fuck off from Transformers forever but that's not going to happen.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I want to see someone other than optimus be the autobots greatest worrier. To me it cheapens the autobots, Prime is the strongest so he's the leader just doesn't come off right to me, that is how the cons work but even then not always.

Give us a prime that is a great leader and planner, sure he can be the equal of Megatron but lets get some guys like Omega Superem or Skylynx or even Ultra Magnus in there as the last line, the one that turns the tide, the one that hands Megatron his arse on a plate, don't always make it Prime. If nothing else it has just gotten really dull.

10. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

That exact thing just happened.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

When? I have not seen past the end of Beast Hunters so is it in Predacon Rising?

12. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Besides this, I'd also like:

2D Cell Animation (Fuck CG and its dead landscapes)
    No Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, etc.
    New characters (either characters created entirely from scratch or characters who have only had toys before and have never appeared in any fiction)
    Human characters who aren't pointless (like the humans from Masterforce or a better done version of NEST from the movies)
    Have it focus on a small crew of Transformers detached from what's happening in the wider universe (like The Lost Light in MTMTE, the Axalon in Beast Wars or like the crew of the Serenity in Firefly)
    Have it be fun and not boring as paint like Prime ended up being
    No fucking meddling from Hasbro (have it be a partnership between Hasbro and the creators of the show, not a dictatorship like Prime)

Annnnnnnnd I think that's it.

13. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No CGI please.

For a show built on selling toys of the transforming characters, BW and TFP demonstrated the limitations of CGI in the number of characters you can have. 2D is better suited to the economics of a Transformers Television Show.

14. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

This. I'm sick of CGI this show had lovely CGI but it wasn't worth it, and it didn't help that Prime killed off a lot of characters. Great way to sell toys guys!

15. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Good thing it was confirmed that it will be 2D animation.

16. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

is it related to this "alifgned universe" hasbro have forced together ?

I want the show to have no humans unless they have an actual purpose, like Sari

Character development for more aubtobots, Optimus prime gets a lot of glory but there needs to be more, for the others. Also focus more on the decepticons, not jsut the battling but there banter.

No waves and waves of endless drones that are never explained by anyone, No. This is a must not.

No revivals, if primes dies he dies! this constant imortal thnig is kinda old now, the mortals ie Starscream , Megatron and Optimus prime have to stay dead if they die,

No more "the death of Optimus prime", or "the death of megatron" stroy arcs its been done a million times, find another way to save the day without sacrificing yourself.

No CGI, and BBM bring back the maximals the predacons have got reincarnated three times I belive and the maximals ? none. bring them back in some way, I woulden't mind a sort of Autobot, Maximal alliance.

No bayformers influence, now this is NOT ever going to happen but its still a wish of mine. I want it to have nothing to do with it, no similar designs no homages like Bumblebee not being able to speak, none of it.

No reusing recent charcaters!!, prime took Bumblee and Bulkhead and Rachet because of thier recent usage and representation! stop this. There are countless transformers not to get a fair shot at being in the main group, Bluestreak, Mirage, Sideswipe, Perceptor, Jetfire (ok, he's had a good run in the past but its been to long) same goes for the decepticons

Starscream! primes Starscream was kinda ruined becasue he became a boring little lap dog, let me tell you Starscream should never stop trying to lead the decepticons, ever. Well ok maybe he can as long as he has a good story still like Armada Starscream anything except a "normal" bot who folows Megatrons orders.

17. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Is it just me, or ever since the first movie, it's always been "MEGATRON KILLED IN ACTION, WAIT, NO HE ISN'T, HE'S BACK! BUT NOT REALLY. BUT WE CAN BRING HIM BACK!" It happened when he was in ice, and killed again with the allspark in the movies. Then he is a head in Animated (which I liked that arc, I'll admit.) Then he was crushed to death by Metroplex in FoC. Then he was lost in space for 3 years at the start of Prime. Then he gets killed again in Prime. Then comes back, and killed again. I mean I know it happened from Armada to Energon, and Energon to Cybertron, but those were three different shows, and I'd understand bringing him back for that.

18. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

Last regular episode of Prime Bumblebee sticks a sword through Megatron.

But I get what you're saying about switching it up slightly.

19. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Oh that, that was more like a lucky shot, it was nice to see but I mean more full on an autobot that could beat optimus in a fair fight but knows optimus is the better leader so follows him. Give someone the role of big gun and make/write Optimus as a better leader.

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something that Transformers into a train.