What do you think would be the best Size Class for Titans Return Broadside?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zula, Oct 16, 2016.

?

What would have been the best Size Class for Titans Return Broadside?

1. Titan Master - Can't host anything - But might be cute...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Voyager - The current size is good enough

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  3. Leader - Big enough carrier to land the smaller fliers

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  4. Titan - Big enough carrier to interact with Deluxe, Legends and Minis

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. Zula

Zula Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope I'm stating this in a coherent manner...
    Titans Return Broadside looks like it might turn out to be a decent figure.
    The Air Carrier mode looks good, and the tiny jets that will be included are a nice touch to give an impression of scale.
    The Robot mode looks suitably imposing.
    The front of the Aircraft mode looks good, however the rear of that mode probably justifies that character's dislike of flying...

I think, though, a bigger size class would have better overall for this character.
    Voyager works well enough for the Robot mode when when display with other figure, especially the other classic Triple Changer character. The jet mode, even though awkward looking, should fit in with other fliers.
    My issue is mostly with th Aircraft Carrier mode. Even though it looks quite good, especially when the tiny jets attached, I think the relatively small size represents a lost opportunity for interaction with other figures. That, and the Titan Master figure looks rather silly sitting in the Control Tower like that. ;) 
    [​IMG]

A Leader Class Broadside would probably work out to be a better toy. The Robot mode would be larger than the other current and upcoming Classic Triple changers, but the size difference should be too glaring on display,considering the alt-modes. And Broadside has sometimes been depicted as a larger 'bot in fiction.
    The jet mode might benefit from the size increase as this might allow for engineering a somewhat ,ore streamlined aircraft look.
    The Carrier mode would benefit by being able to interact with Titans Master class figures and vehicles, especially the aircraft, for more playability.
    Not to mention the Control tower would be big enough to hold the Titan Master inside.

A Titan Class Broadside, however unlikely, would be awesome. The Aircraft Carrier mode would look good with mot othe vehicles, although Robot and Jet modes would look ridiculously out of place with other characters.

Any thoughts?

2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I would place Leaders back to their original size before Age of Extinction and bring back the Ultra size class just for guys like him.

Edit: As it is, I'm okay with him being the same size as Springer & Sandstorm. Defiantly looking forward to his Titans Return figure.

3. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Titan, just because I'd like to see Tidal Wave at that size too. The potential voyager TW is destined to disappoint, given how well the original has aged despite its lack of knee or neck articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Voyager. He needs to be in scale with the other triple changers. He's never gonna have a decent alt mode scale anyway, so why waste his bot mode for that?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Voyager size seems like a good size for Broadside. Sure the tiny aircraft carrier is kind of awkward, but it looks good and the other modes fit well with other toys.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Voyager. Broadside isn't a popular enough character to warrant anything larger. His original toy wasn't much larger then a deluxe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

I vote voyager as well, but they better give me my damn voyager Apeface first.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Emotional Age 18 & UP

I voted for "Leader".

If they had based the reboot on the original G1 fiction, he would have been ideal for Titan-class. And maybe a better option as the inaugural piece for that class size. But he is not. And I also feel that even if I end up owning him, his Voyager-class size will not do him justice. Especially since he deserves his own base-form, which could work with this class size.

And yes... I know that current class sizes equate to articulation and (finally) ease of transforming. But I think he did deserve to be a bigger class size despite the fact that even the most seasoned Generation One barely remembers him.

9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i always pictured broadside bigger than springer and sandstorm, so i vote leader, but the voyager is still cool!

10. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see myself paying more than a voyager price point for Broadside.

11. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say Leader if he's supposed to retooled in Tidal Wave. It would look weird if you put a voyager TW next to CW Armada Megatron.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

honestly, i do not care if he is a triplechanger or not. can he just be a flying aircraft carrier, aka helicarrier? that'd be awesome. okay thanks.

any size voyager or larger will be fine.

13. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

Leader.
    I would like it if Hasbro brought back the Ultra and Scout classes though as someone above me mentioned.
    There are quite a few characters that Ultra would work for, and scout was the perfect size for minibots since today legends is too small and deluxe is too big.

14. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I voted Titan class, and the plane should be a C-5 cargo transport or something like that, instead of a fighter. I'd love for Broadside and Tidal Wave to be a convertable carrying case for a bunch of other Transformer figures. Oh, well. I'll get the Voyager if I see it and have the money.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I always felt the Dinobots, Terrorcons, Broadside and others where ridiculously oversized in the cartoon and later in other media for dramatic effect.
    And now some fans want their toys to actually be that big and bigger even (no way was Omega Supreme for instance the size of a citybot, Titan class is way to big for the character).
    Voyager is the perfect size for Broadside and Astrotrain. If anything the toys of the other triplechangers (Sandstorm, Springer, Octane, Blitzwing) are way to big, i hope Has/Tak will make deluxe sized toys for them some day.
    Again, Classics Astrotrain is a great Deluxe sized triplechanging toy so it is perfectly possible to do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Granted I would have loved if he was leader class but this size is just fine as well.

17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I'm happy enough with the Voyager sized Broadside. But a Leader or Ultra scale version would have been slightly more awesome.

For the rumoured Tidal Wave repaint on the other hand, voyger is too small.

18. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    For me a Leader would've been preferable just because I feel it's more fitting. That said I'm fine with the TR Voyager, even his extremely aerodynamic jet mode, because in the end no size class could sufficiently represent either alt-mode without one being hilariously out of scale, which to be honest is part of the fun with Broadside anyway.

19. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Perfect would for me...I guess...all triple-changers would be Voyager...both for uniformity amongst them...and...to better suit the gimmick of triple-changing...BUT...I'd have loved if Sandstorm & Octane were smallish Voyagers...Springer, a tall-ish Voyager...if he and Sandstorm have to be mold mates (pre-tools) maybe there can be a height modification during transformation similar to what was done with Generations Tracks...and...Generations Wheeljack...Astrotrain, would also be more of a tall-ish Voyager similar to Springer... and...Blitzwing, more of a Bulky-ish Voyager...Octane & Blitzwing, would also have a height modification for potential retools of Optimus Prime & Megatron, since Titan Returns is doing it...AND...>>>Broadside, would possess a mix of height & bulk...almost pushing into a higher size class <<<...planned height & bulk modifiers during transformation would change the game up for triple-changers...Battletrap & Flywheels, could be done Timelines-style...Battletrap, using Sandstorms height & using Springers frame with a new head...AND...Flywheels (...and maybe the Overcharge drones) from the Blitzwing frame only with the (theoretical height & bulk modifiers at their lowest)...

20. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see myself buying broadside at all. Hes too small. The jet mode is crap and the titan master sitting in the control tower just looks plain ridiculous.