What do you think/want the next show will be like?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by IamaMeatRabbit, Jan 9, 2017.

1. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

What do you think the next Transformers show, the one that comes out after RiD 2015 ends, will be like? I think that RiD 2015 will probably be the last Aligned show due to the Aligned continuity's failure, so this new show will probably be a reboot. I think that now that the "Bumblebee as a leader" angle has been explored, the next show will probably go back to the normal Optimus Prime vs. Megatron formula. Starscream and Bumblebee will probably also be there.

I personally hope that Soundwave, Skywarp, Prowl, Ironhide, Blitzwing and Thundercracker are in the show as well.

If I had to estimate an air date, I would estimate sometime in fall 2018 (assuming season 3 of RiD is the last one).

But these are just my thoughts/hopes. What are yours?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    A series that take place fifteen years after the war ended. Which features a team of elite Autobot soldiers engaging Decepticon holdouts on different planets throughout the series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well I went a Transformers series featuring A Optimus who is leaning of how become leader of the Autobots after Sentinel's death, A Megatron is a ruthless ruler that lead his Decepticon Empire with a Iron Fist, A Bumblebee that is a young spy under the wing of his mentor Mirage, A Starscream that more Loki and less Backstabbing Coward, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  4. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Honestly, I don't know what I want for the story. But for the visuals, I'd really like to see a return back to the older aesthetics: blocky bots, noses, no eyebrows.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Considering Hasbro's pushing the movies as much as they can, I bet it will a show set in the movieverse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    In the Aligned continuity? If they DO continue after NuRiD, I'd like a show where a corrupt leader rises to power on Cyberyron and a rebel force of Autobots fights against the ruler to save Cybertron.

7. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

A new Beast Wars with future humans.

8. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    How would that work in the Aligned continuity?

9. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

After being on Earth for so long I say have it back on Cybertron. Maybe have a core groups of humans hitch a ride on some Autobots to see what their world is like & we get to learn just what Cybertronians live like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I hope the aligned continuity ends after Nurid.
    I also hope the new show will no longer focus on earth but have Cybertron at its heart or other alien worlds.
    Earth can play a role but i want another planet to be the focus.
    I also hope the new show can strike a happier balance between fanfavs clones, post 86 clones and original characters.
    I think Optimus cant be avoided but i hope there will be a Hot Rod instead of Bumblebee, the new movie will introduce Hot Rod to kids and Bee will have a movie next year to sell him so i think a show without him is possible.
    Since Megatron is back in the movie and the focus in idw i hope we can get Galvatron in the new show instead and for once, pretty please it would be nice to have a show without Starscream.
    What is the kind of balance i hope for?
    For example, assuming a cast that is slightly larger that in the past decade: A=OP, HR, Brainstorm, Chromedome, Hoist, Prowl, Chromia, Silverbolt (based on the BW character), 4 original characters, the Protectobots.
    D=Galvatron, Cyclonus, Mindwipe, Thunderwing, Soundwave, Shockwave, Tarantulas, Blackarachnia, 4 original characters, the Constructicons.
    This is the kind of mix i would like to see.
    As for the story, i think Hasbro would like to drag this out like they did with the aligned continuity so it would be interesting if the story started with Cybertron at peace and chronicled the rise of the Decepticons.
    As to the toyline i'm hoping for the return of the voyager size for a handfull larger characters and one combiner for each faction.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Wasn't the rumor that the next show would be pre-movie-based and focused on the events leading up to the 2007 movie?

Anyhow, my want is just wishful thinking...but it'd be lovely to pick up after G1 Season 3 and incorporate Generations toys into a new season 4 that ignores Rebirth. And no, I'm not talking about Japan's Headmasters...I'm talking about a modernized G1 Transformers show that puts 2005 in the rear view mirror but is in continuity.

12. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    One of the things I am seriously really hoping Hasbro does is introduce a live-action TV show.

i want a Transformers live-action TV show that is a cop buddy show, basically a hybrid of Alien Nation, X-Files, Knight Rider, and CSI.

a show that features a New York City detective who along the way meets a law-enforcer Autobot (Prowl or a new Autobot character). First the Autobot is snarky about being with the detective but then later on they form a partnership and eventually bond to become friends, partnering to solve crimes and perhaps occasionally tackling on some out-of-this-world cases ala the X-Files.

If Hasbro is ever to green-light this kind of show, i think it might work practically & won't even cost that much because basically the entire concept is just basically Knight Rider. with the occasional use of CGI to present the robot form of the detective's Autobot partner, the concept is just basically Knight Rider, mostly showing the car talking and interacting with his detective partner.

That's what i'm really hoping Hasbro does in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  13. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to see that. I don't really like how with Prime they made everything so much like the movies and then put it in a different universe. It's like if you're gonna make it exactly like the movies, then just make it a Movieverse show.

14. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

For the next series, I don't want anything in the Aligned continuity. It needs to go away and stay away. Instead, let's get a new series with new ideas instead of a half-baked condensing of everything that's come before.

I don't want a Golden Age Cybertron that was mired in a caste system. I want a pre-war Cybertron that was actually a good place to live, where people could fulfill their dreams. The loss of such a place to the Decepticons and the Great War would heighten the tragedy, instead of “well, Cybertron was an abominably shitty place to live, and no one would really miss it, but it still sucks to lose it, right?”

As unlikely as it is, I would love to see a Transformers action/horror series – one where the villains are horrific, where the setting is creepy as hell, where decent people are in desperate need of help, and where you have heroes who shine a light in the darkness. The action would be over-the-top insanity: Bayhem is the lowest passing grade here.

To this end, I don't want a Decepticon ideology that's sympathetic. I've never been a Decepticon sympathizer, and I get tired of series that try to play the “oh, they had good intentions but lost their way” card. I want Decepticons who are a horrifying band of nightmares, from the apathetic, murderous grunts all the way up to the Decepticon secret police and their megalomaniacal master. These are the people who destroyed their own home world in the pursuit of power, and rather than face what they've done, they instead chose to blame their victims, to run away from their actions, and to keep going further down the same path. Megatron himself would draw on Beast Era Megatron instead of G1 or Movie Megatron: a silver-tongued narcissist with a genius intellect and a malicious streak a mile wide.

For the Autobots, I don't want a uniform group of soldiers or civilians, but a mix. Optimus would be the main warrior, with the others learning as they went, kind of like BWNeo or Animated. Conflict is key here – the BW-era Maximals are the best model, with the AoE Autobots being a close second. They all had character conflicts, yet weren't just a dysfunction junction like in Beast Machines.

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I think what's next will be a show that derives from the movies. Considering the films' popularity and that they are trying to make a cinematic universe, a show that aligns with them makes a lot of sense. However, it isn't something I want and it would be awkward for something similar to yet not set in the Movieverse to run along side it.

What I want is a show where the character designs mesh with the recent styles of Combiner Wars and Titans Return (the toylines) yet are also original — as in, don't directly take designs from them and still deviate a bit, simply fit the aesthetics so Transformers from Generations and the cartoon don't look too out of place together. In tone, I would like it to have a sense of humor the entire family can enjoy. Something that leans toward a light tone but is still darker than RID — yet, less dark than Prime. Something that can have peril and deal with mature themes, yet has slapstick becoming of Looney Tunes.

Character wise, I wouldn't mind another Optimus and Bumblebee. Arcee, too, but have her be less of a token and maybe include another Strongarm incarnation. If they keep the big green guy, I'd like Hound to fill the role like he does in the movies, but with more of a "gentle giant" persona. Sort of like how they have Drift in RID, yet his personality is different. The Autobots would work best as a dysfunctional group that slowly improves over the course of the series, with all character development sticking in the long run.

Give us Megatron and Starscream, but how about Shockwave instead of Soundwave? I don't have much problem with convention, so Soundwave would be fine, but a Marvel--esque usurper Shockwave and ambitious Starscream team up sounds like fun. I'd like Megatron to have charisma, the things that make a leader, but also give him twisted ways and morals, narcissism, a vile temper and ruthlessness. I'd like a motley crew of new Decepticons with interesting, road based alt modes. You don't often get Decepticon street dwellers. An unassuming van doesn't sound bad. Adding a tank in there would be cool, but not Brawl because he is associated with Bruticus and the Combaticons. The Decepticons, most of all, I want to have good characterization and be threats or funny when need be. They don't need to be sympathetic — in fact, them getting kicked in the rear would be more satisfying/hilarious if they weren't sympathetic.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  16. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I could have sworn that a few years ago Hasbro presented a rough plan of what we could expect TV-wise for the franchise. Robots in Disguise was only expected to be on for a year or so and a movie-based show would take its place. Obviously we've heard nothing about such a show but I could see that happening considering the attempt to establish a cinematic universe.

17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

I'm liking nearly everything I'm reading here.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Or they could bring back Larry and Bob, team them up with Ben and Jim Sorensen and give us a new Beast Wars show.

An adaptation of Beast Wars Uprising for cartoon would be cool too, but that far to dark for children i guess.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

What if we have a Lego transformers show ?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    No.

• Like Like x 1