What do you think of toys packed in bot mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i dont like it. it was so frustrating to transform barricade from the first encounter set. i almost broke it.

2. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I prefer it, as 99.9% of the time I'm buying the figures for their robot mode anyway.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually prefer it. For me, transforming to robot mode feels like taking a puzzle apart, while going to vehicle mode feels like putting one together (since the vehicle modes are more compact than the robot modes), which offers a more interesting first-time transformation.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    It doesn't bother me.

Just so long as it has all its parts its QC is acceptable and its not a repack/toy swap its all good.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't really care either way as long as the figure isn't broken or missing parts. It is coming out of the box whether it wants to or not...

6. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I also would prefer them to be packaged in vehicle mode, but I don't care all that much.

Still mildly annoying.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It goes two ways for me.

On the one hand, I like vehicle-mode packaging because when I get the figure out of the packaging I enjoy figuring out how a robot will come out of a compressed form like a car. There's also a considerable reduction in the number of twist-ties and such that hold the figure into the plastic tray.

On the other hand, the robot mode is what I usually display, so with robot mode packaging I can see what might be gracing my display for the rest of the time I own it. It also allows to see any part of the robot that is hidden by the alt. mode and determine if there is any bad QC like the face missing a paint app. It also does give the feeling that you're getting your money's worth in some cases (like the Leader Class figures)

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I don't care at all. If I have any opinion I'd prefer to see a mix of some packaged in robot and some in alt mode, just for variety on the shelves. But I open them all and transform them back and forth anyway.

9. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

The only reason why I would think is better to sell the toys in alt mode is if it makes the box smaller/more easier to store/carry/cheaper.

I could totally understand why they would package a figure like the fallen in robot mode (crappy alt mode).

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I don't like it. because now I have to transform the toy twice instead of once.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You have to invest more time in playing with your toys?! Those bastards!

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'll admit I like it better when a transformer is packaged in alt-mode. It makes transforming it into robot-mode feel more like the final reveal of unboxing the toy. (And I think I may be quoting someone on that.)
    But honestly, it's not something that pisses me off. If it starts becoming the norm, I'll cope.

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Naitch is a fan of this. If they came upside down, I would maybe be inclined to leave some MISB.

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Neat. We can thank Takara for that one...

I only buy TFs with good bot modes. But I dont display them in packaging...

So I dont care either way...

15. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

Really doesn't matter to me. I do like the variety.

16. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Well-Known Member

It depends on what mode I want to display them in - If I'm displaying them in 'bot mode, then I want them to be in vehicle mode in package, because otherwise I'm too lazy to bother transforming them. (I've had Leader class Animated Bulkhead for almost 2 years, and I transformed him for the first time last month.) If their robot mode is a mess, (I just got Hunters Rumble Barricade and let me tell you that is not a toy that should be packaged in his robot mode, just sayin'.) I'd prefer them to be packaged that way, so I get to transform them to the sweet altmode. (I display my scouts in alt mode, so I like the robot mode packaging for them.)

Also, I'd probably like the robot-mode packaging more if most of them weren't mistransformed in the package. DX

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't really mind. Often it's just Deluxes and Voyagers that are packed in alt mode so being packed in robot mode has more instances anyway and so is technically the norm. ;) 

There have been some Deluxes I wish had been packed in robot mode though as that first transformation step can be a bugger when the instructions show a panel is supposed to flip out but you've no idea how it's clipped into place inside the alt shell and you're fighting to undo it without breaking some hidden locking tab.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

All of the Leader class figures are packed in robot mode and they're a righteous hassle to transform.

19. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I prefer them being packed in alt mode. Usually that's the mode that looks best and accurate to cartoon/movie.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

^ Well said and true for me as well.