What do you think BBTS will do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not going to trollop on whether or not your request is unreasonable, but as a Client Services Director, how many times do you get a request to do something after a process has been started, or after something is getting finished that means you have to go back and start anew? Having done similar work myself in the past, I knew it always irritated me, and sometimes you could help and sometimes you couldn't. Doesn't mean the "want-to" wasn't or isn't there, sometimes logistics or other things out of your control prevents it.

Yeah, you do get better service with smaller stores in some cases. The reason being they are smaller, and at times can make those changes happen because they are literally in the middle of doing it. TFSource has helped me in the past with that. As has Robotkingdom. BBTS also does it differently, because unlike the other ones (until TFSource got their stack manager running) they offered a "running tab" that you got to choose when you shipped. Would it be nice to modify it after the fact? Yeah. But they also put it in pending to send to the warehouse so you can modify it. You have usually one business day after hitting the "ship" button to make changes. Usually, not always. We know BBTS is bigger, but do we know how much bigger? Nope. Is everything in one warehouse? I don't know. I don't know how they run their operation, so I can't answer that intelligently anymore than you can honestly. You made reference to Amazon, and yes, they are AMAZING at customer service, but they have warehouses ALL OVER the US, so it's really nothing for them to add to an order or modify it if it isn't completed yet. Someone in New York might have 6 items in an order and they are shipped from 6 different places. BBTS we assume has one warehouse, but I don't know how large it is, how they run it, or if it's simply when one department is done with it they hand it off for good.

Conceivably, I agree they should try to, if it's within reason. But honestly, we all tend to waive that right of adding more to an order when we hit the ship button. Like it or not, you did make the decision at that point the wait was long enough. Does it suck it came in right after you did that? Oh yeah. But honestly, we've all gone through it. Sometimes we can get it added, sometimes we can't. Comes with the hobby and any online shopping experience.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Normally I agree with your posts Alucard but this time I have to call you on this thread.

Have you really thought about how BBTS could run? It could very well be the case that their operation is pretty small. Perhaps they have a computer system in place that "locks" items into packages. It could be the case that the package is actually already packed but is just sitting in warehouse waiting to be shipped.

Thought about those things? I work at UPS at a loader. Once I get that trailer door closed at the end of the day and sealed, we're not opening it up for any other packages large or small, even if there is space. It's a process and at that point it's DONE, period. Next sort has to deal with leftovers. I imagine it's a similar case when it comes to BBTS. Once your order is processed and gone to warehouse, that's IT. Get it packed, sealed, and in queue ready to ship.

Also, why didn't you wait for Blood? It was planning to be in stock in October, right? I thought that the general assumption is that you'd wait until the end of the month or beginning of next to see as that is when stuff usually comes out. I thought this stuff would be common knowledge by now.

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, i've had to cancel tru orders that were in the warehouse to make changes. It sucks, but thats just how some companies run.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    OK... fair enough. It's just how I hear there is superior service all the time, and I have yet to see it. They have on par, average service.

Well, this time around it was that they had MP Thundercracker for $110. So when I went for that, I figured might as well add some other items.

But you are right. My next purchases will be with the smaller guys. I have worked with AcesToyStore and Edbomber toys multiple times in the past with no issues, so I may just continue with this.

To be honest, it's all I do now. My company is pushing to outsource labor big time. So I do everything in my power to make sure all my employees have jobs. It's funny cause they whine and moan that they have to do it, and I take it, but they don't realize that if we don't go this extra mile they will be fired.

I personally don't have anything to worry about, because I will still have a job, and I was incentivized to outsource our labor. But I turned it down. The extra money is not worth 5 people losing their job. The only thing keep these jobs is the threats that clients make to our boss that if service is outsourced they will leave. We show results and its hard to argue.

So, I am a very bad judge when it comes to this stuff and I am very sensitive to poor client service. As Americans, I think we all need to work harder and "fight the good fight" cause these corporations don't give 2 shits about us.

This is why most likely I get so passionate about this stuff.

I get you. I actually think BBTS is run poorly. I haven't toured the facilities or anything. I just think it was a toy store that at one time was small and blew up in size. The profit margins they are realizing, and the lack of competition is allowing them not to change.

Realistically, do I think they are out to screw people? No, not at all. I just don't think they bothered to modernize their systems and procedures. Do I know this for certain, no. But from working with companies I see the signs. They will be fine though. The lack of competition and their size will keep them in business.

By the way, BBTS is huge. Look through their site. Look at their inventory and such. Plus they have been in business forever.

As for Blood. That is the other thing. There has been countless times that an item said it was coming in Oct. Then in like January of next year it comes in. Had this happen multiple times.

Also, I have a secret picture planned for when the insecticons come in. I have been waiting close to 3 months to take this pic, so the trigger finger got itchy.

I am planning a comic with Drift and Bludgeon, and that is why I am being a stickler with this blood set. I have some free time, and I figure I can do this then. If not, it won't be till next year that I have free time like that to do it.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is off topic I know, but I've been thinking about this every time I order from BBTS nowadays.

I really miss flat rate shipping!:( 

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Lack of competition? Really? :lolol 

If you don't like PoL and the lack of your ability to add to it after deciding to ship, don't use it. Don't like BBTS? Don't shop with them.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, lack of competition. Name another store that does what they do? Don't forget to add the 3rd party toys, vintage section and as many different import and export items they carry. None.

And please read what I am writing. I am more pissed that it is taking 4 days to clear the warehouse and they cannot add one item in that time.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Competition does not have to come from a single source. For some competition, just look at this site's sponsors.

If you think Direct TV is not competition for Comcast just because Comcast offers phone and Internet, you are insane.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    What does comcast have to do with my argument.

The fact is that people buy more then tfers. Exomega posted how he cannot switch from bbts even if he wanted to, because he orders other things. Their vintage suckered me in again to purchase. Your not going to shop in ten different stores if you get one stop shopping. That is where they excel.

Can you get voltron or thunder cats at these competitors you mention? Can you then get those items from the 80s?

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    It's called a comparative example, man. It is at the crux of your "no competition" argument.

If I can not get the service I expect at one store, yes, I will shop at as many as necessary. I guess I'm not lazy or willing to compromise my expectations. Let me guess, you love Walmart too. Me? Not so much. It may be one stop shopping, but the customer service is pathetic.

11. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

why don't you quit your job and go work for BBTS and improve things? You seem to be the man when it comes to customer service.

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I hope your joking. If not, I love my job, been there 10 years. Changing things is not that hard, it just takes effort, which people don't want to put through. Effort, procedure, and the willingness to change.

You would be surprised how many companies don't want any of this cause they think it costs money. It doesn't have to if you know what you are doing.

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    How about cost? You want to pay $10 shipping from 3 different stores?

14. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    If that is the price for service, yes. Everything comes with a cost; as someone who comes from a high position in service, you should know that.

See, I have principals and expectations. I make a statement and exact change with my wallet as a consumer. You mentioned that it takes effort and a willingness to change - that is mine. What change are you making, or are you just bitching yet again?

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I think your missing the point here. Your assuming that complaining does nothing. I tend to disagree. At one point our country use to speak our mind and demand change. The newer generations do nothing for change. This site is a perfect example. Most people rage against those who complain about unfair practices.

BBTS does not know that you switched your spending. They only know when people complain to them and on big boards such as this. If enough people complain, they know it will eventually lose money. But it takes a lot of people to make a change to some one as big as them.

So you see me bitching. I am hoping for change. You can be big and run smart at the same time, that is what bbts can do.

And you may have also misses how I spent money with smaller vendors on here. I just think I can expect more from bbts. I have spent multiple thousands this year alone with them. You think they even look at that. I can guarantee no.

16. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    So you come on here to complain about BBTS time and again yet continue to throw money at them hand over fist? That seems like quite a bold statement.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well most of my initial payments to them made the bulk of these costs. The last 3 orders have all had problems. Trust me, I will not be doing this much business with them next year. That money will go elsewhere.

Just have to find a place that will carry those awesome third party stuff. So they will be losing thousands.

18. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I understand completely where you're coming from Alucard, but, at the same time, you started this thread knowing absolutely what would happen (which made questioning it either pointless or a plot for the next part), and then once it happened you got mad?

I understand where you're coming from with them not having shipped it yet (which is odd), but at the same time I've never done POLs with a large amount of items (impatient like a motherfucker I am), so I don't know how that works. At the same time though, I can understand their side that if the'yve boxed up everytihng and have it labeled and waiting to ship, why they wouldn't want to reopen it and redo it.

I dunno' man. End of the day, an extra few dollars for shipping isn't anything to warrant changing the scope of how a company operates.

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wish I knew how that worked. Makes no sense how the stuff is just sitting in the warehouse. Just got frustrated when I got home, and was like really, this is 2 days now.

I am not sure that it is actually sealed in a shipping box, or else why is it just sitting there?

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Might be the need for sheer space. Depending on your order, the box size can vary in size and girth, and they need to work in every package they can into the trucks. It could be you have such a large package that they need for a truck that has that much space left in it. I know that's at least similar to how SAL works.