What do you think BBTS will do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 4, 2011.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good Lord, no. Not Walmart. I work at a store that sells nothing you need to survive at prices that are moderate to high. Our whole game is 'selling service'. Just last week I drove to Jacksonville (3+ hours round trip) on my day off and on my own dime to pick up a piece of merchandise for a customer to keep them happy and avoid a large return. If that tells you anything. And no, his request by itself was not unreasonable. But if you add in the potential obstacles (box already packaged/loaded, orders shipped via fifo method, operational issues including but not limited to billing, order accuracy, security of items packaged, etc) it adds up. Not to mention the precedent set by doing so. Where do you draw the line? Boxed and waiting is ok to add but loaded on the truck is too late? What seems so simple for one may end up a logistical nightmare if its multiplied by 100's.

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What you did was good service. Did BBTS do anything close to that?

I actually didn't state all the facts here. Sorry I forgot:

1- When blood came in, it was processing, then waiting for payment. That took like 3 hours.
    2- As that was going on in those 3 hours, my package went to the warehouse
    3- I e-mailed them to see if I can get it added
    4- They responded no. (slightly annoyed by this response, but fine)
    5- It is established that the items are PACKED at the warehouse
    6- It took 4 days to ship (it's insulting that they would have had 3 days to add 1 thing. I didn't post, being upset until this point. This is what your missing)

So your telling me, my box was packed already? Whatever.

Anyway, this is damn useless. Your comparing driving 3 hours to adding something to a box, and your stating that them doing something is even more of an effort then what you made.

So this is useless. Really is. I thought I was the unreasonable one.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    They owe Alucard77 no customer service.

He decided to ship his Pile of Loot. Then he decided to buy something after he had shipped the pile, and wanted to avoid the cost of paying shipping AGAIN by having BBTS take two separate orders and combine them in to one.

Alucard77 tried to circumvent the rules and regulations BigBadToyStore put in to place when using the Pile of Loot, and they stuck to those rules and regulations so EVERYONE doesn't try to save on shipping by adding items to an order they've already decided to have shipped. You break the rules once for someone and you'll create a snowball effect.

Personally, I think BBTS did Alucard77 a service with the Pile of Loot ... letting him keep all of his stuff together and save shipping by allowing him to ship multiple purchases at once.

The fact they didn't break their own rules to help Alucard77 does not make them a bad company, less-reputable, or giving poor customer service.

And yes, I am for real. You are welcome to check if you'd like.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never said you were unreasonable nor did I state BBTS provided you with outstanding service. I challenged you when you said 'THEY SUCK!' because they don't and I've only stated that we have no real knowledge of how simple or difficult it is for them to add to orders once they are sent to the warehouse, regardless of how simple it seems. I'm sorry they couldn't accommodate your request, I really am. But I still hold the belief that it is simply a matter of 'good for the goose but not for the gander' and not 'too bad, we got your money. Deal with it'.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I have a little update:

They did respond to my e-mail today.

They stated that they cannot do anything once it is in the warehouse because once it is there, they do not know where in the process it is. If it is in the packing, checking or ready to be shipped process. She mentioned that with 500 orders a day, I could understand why it would be hard to find.

I am fine I do understand that. Having looked at how BBTS functions, from pricing differences and such, I am going to stick with my initial assumption of them.

They are a BIG store that still functions like a small store. I would hate to do client service for them. Most likely the high costs and the incapability to help is due to the small store mentality. They haven't learned how to function like a big store, because they haven't suffered. They are probably recognizing high profit margins and can continue to function as a small store.

Do I have hard facts on this, no.

But I do know that a company who handles 500 orders a day, 182,500 orders a year should have a better inventory system for their warehouse. Small business do not usually.

I also know they use the same shipping companies as smaller companies like Captured Prey, which doesn't move the same inventory per year.

I am fine with knowing this now. I know what to expect and not to expect. That is all I needed to know.

6. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I challenge your claim to "knowing CS".

Policies are put in place to give guidelines on how to handle situations of customer service. Alucard77 wanted an explanation as to why they couldn't open his Pile of Loot package and add an item. Okay. I'll go in to detail because once upon a time I worked for a store that dealt with shipping orders through UPS.

1) When an order ships, it is given a specific "shipping number".
    2) You then, through UPS, print their shipping label so the driver can come and pick it up and simply scan it, no paperwork or anything of the sort to have to fill out as it's all online through the UPS system.
    3) As soon as you finalize the order and ship it through the online system to get the shipping label, UPS charges you.

Now, look at #3 - UPS charges you when you finalize and "ship" the order. If you open the package and place another item in it, you are committing fraud on UPS which can cause you to receive fines or worse, a suspension of your account with UPS (which would cripple BBTS's business, as I'm sure they have a corporate discount with UPS with the amount of shipping they do).

UPS doesn't give refunds on shipping. So you can't go back in and "cancel" that shipment, as you've already been billed. So because Alucard77 screwed up, it should cost BBTS a nearly duplicate shipping charge? I don't think so.

I dare any one of you to say, with a straight face, that you'd take a $75 (random number based on weight of items) duplicate charge because your customer voluntarily chose to ship their POL items, then realized there's another item they wanted.

No. You'd inform the customer that once they ship their POL they cannot go and add more items to it.

There you go. If that's not satisfactory enough for you, then I don't know what to tell you - that's how business, especially small businesses, work.

7. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    what if he shipped through USPS? do they have the same restrictions? just curious.

8. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well, the difference is with USPS, opening a sealed package once it's been determined to "ship" is a federal crime. One that the USPS will prosecute hardcore for, as you know, they're broke.

9. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    gotcha. i actually didn't know usps was broke though.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Guys, go back to my post. It has nothing to do with sealed or not sealed. They actually don't know where the package is once it hits the warehouse. They get 500 orders a day, so they have no way to know where it would be in their warehouse.

So let's stop with opening closed boxes and such.

They could easily rectify this by setting up a system in their warehouse. They probably don't want to do that or see a need for it. Only when you suffer as a company, do you need to change. Based on their response, they are not suffering by a long shot.

I mean they clear 182500 orders on average a year. They are getting some nice profit if they know what they are doing. That is not small store clearing of items there at all.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    We are STILL at this?

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Look at the number you just posted for their average orders/year... that alone should make it "click" for you that going back and redoing packaging and billing for ONE order out of the 500 they do per day average (by the average you've given) is a lot more far out of their way than you're making it.

Every purchase you make doesn't need to be made into a catastrophy. You don't have to order from them just like you don't have to collect in general. This is a hobby, and you're buying from one of many retailers... repeatedly.

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    TJ,

Actually, it is only them that I had an issue with. Ordered 3 or 4 times. 3 Times had issues. If it wasn't for TC I wouldn't have ordered from them at all this time around.

Most of my collection is acquired either through here, or other stores besides theirs. In none of those issues did I ever have an issue. Except for one person here, cause he didn't communicate. But even then, that never became an issue.

I think it is one of the dominos, you have a bad taste, then try it again, bad taste again, try it a third time and your like Really, this again. But agreed, lesson learned.

As for the ordering system, absolutely not. At that level they should have the infrastructure to easily do tracking of the packaging process. Maybe I worked in the tech field for too long, but even the smallest companies I worked with had this. Maybe it is needed more in that field.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I see what you're saying, but one thing you don't take into account is that you have no idea how many people are operating this company. Big business doesn't necessarily equate to having 60 people in the warehouse.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    There was this one pc shop I checked out the operations of once. They were pretty small place. They used a system in the warehouse with scanning. It was simple. There was a sticker with a bar code. Once packing got done, they scanned it. Once it was checked, scanned again. Once boxed, scanned again. You get the idea.

But realistically I am fine, I am going to let this thread drop and stay away from it.

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea, definitely. And, I don't want you to think I don't understand where you're coming from, because I totally do, but it's pretty "ex post facto" in the sense that you can't harp on someone for a rule/standard that wasn't instilled at the time.

It'd be cool if they had the resources and manpower to change that in the future though.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

This thread has had many posts since I was here but I'm going to get straight to the meat of it.

The bolded part? That is customer service. They answered and explained their answer. Which is what I stated CS is from the start.

I also never said BBTS has bad CS. I was arguing their good to great CS that everyone goes on about. Up until this new info, they had done nothing for Alucard and thus offered no customer service. NOW, with this new email info, I can say they offered up Customer Service.

Customer service does not mean saying YES it simply means answering the customers question and concern and offering them insight to your decision. Even if they do not like the answer in the end they do understand it.

18. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    ^ Very nice. I agree. It seems many people lost sight of the original point of this thread, that BBTS's customer service is potentially lacking. Everyone just kept debating the order change, which is a small part of what the topic really is.

19. Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs Member

Wasn't bad customer service or a rule/regulation, just something that exceeds the limit of what BBTS' current inventory and ordering systems can do. For that matter most companies couldn't pull off something like this no matter how integrated everything was.