What do you think about TF Animated ending?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by maninthebox94, May 14, 2009.

?

What do you think about TF Animated Ending?

1. Very Happy

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Happy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Upset

33 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Very Upset

76 vote(s)
    59.8%
  5. Don't give a damn

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. But only a little upset. I really wanna see where the franchize is going now. Though season three has blown my mind.

2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm "upset", but not "very upset", because I'm always interested in what Hasbro is going to come up with next. I'm confident in saying they will probably never go the route of Armada/Energon/Cybertron ever again, and realize the importance of a Western created, Western-focused animation to go along with their toyline(s).

Animated was a great show, and a great toyline. You can literally feel the love the creators gave this thing, and I hope at some point Hasbro will eventually tell us what they were GOING to do for Season 4, had it come to fruitation.

3. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Originally I was a moderate fan of the show, but totally in love with the toy designs. This is the first TF line in a long time where I had to own EVERY single figure released. Since I watched the last 3 episodes of season 2 I have been completely hooked on the show and have made it a point to watch every episode that has aired in season 3. It totally sucks that right when the series is starting to really gain some ground story wise, and starting get a reaction from the fans that its getting cancelled. I'm still hoping for a season 4, but its looking pretty dismal.

4. CAI220

CAI220 Forgotten little bot :'(

I'm gonna be very upset for the show ending :cry  and I was really looking forward for a season 4.....

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't care I mean its ran for like 40 episodes I mean better shows like Gurren Lagann only had like 25 episodes. I do agree with maninthebox94 in that Revenge is the way to go because in no way is Animated better then Revenge. I don't think Animated sucks because this series was good the last 2 weren't as good.

6. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Honestly, I'm very overjoyed that this nightmare is coming to an end. I'm not going to go into the long list of reasons for my disliking of TFA that I seem to go into every time there’s a topic like this.

My biggest fear is that we get a TFA sequel. I'm really hoping Japan does the next series (I've given up on the TV series being good, so at least the toys would be good).

As far as the next series goes (whether its made by Japan or American), I would really like it they did something brand new, as in, not clinging to the past (G1).

7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for "I don't give a damn" though personally I wouldn't word it like that, more "I don't mind that it's ending." I'm not happy and I'm not upset.

I've really enjoyed the show and some of the toys have been fantastic but it doesn't bother me that it's over.

It's ROTF time for me.

8. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    So you'd rather wait 2 or 3 years between every hour and a half movie that wait possibly less than a year for 6 1/2 hours of the best looking best written cartoon we've had in years.

And the way you choose to do this is by creating a poll then saying you don't care about animated ending in the animated thread.

What are you, 12 years old? grow up kid

9. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

If they're happy it's ending that means they don't like Animated. If they don't like Animated they probably don't bother to come into the Animated board. If they don't come to this board they probably won't see the poll & most likely won't vote.

10. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Didn't Derrick Wyatt aready say they were combining the stories from what they had planned for season 3 and 4 into season 3?
    We can only hope they don't go down that unicron trilogy route again and the anime styleings just made it look like any other giant robot anime.
    Animated made Transformers stand out from the crowd.
    And lets hope they don't try that CGI celshaded rubbish again, because you know no one likes to see giant screw holes on their cartton characters

11. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

well dude, no need for the temper, what i meant is, after revenge of the fallen, i hope there is a new cartoon seriese, i didnt like animated, so i wondered what others thought about it. I dont watch cartoons like kids, and im guessing thats what you are, so i dont really care what they do, but children like you just have to try to insult people and think you have balls. Its a cartoon dude, just becasue you like it and i dont doesnt mean that we need to argue, we both like transformers as a whole, thats all that matters to me.

12. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

just to let you all know, i didnt put this here in the animated section, it was in general discusion ok! they moved it.
    oh, btw, there are more than one very happys now dude, so ha, im not alone.

13. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I would feel more at peace about Animated ending if I felt that the story had been completely told. There is so much room for expansion that CAN'T all be covered in Endgame. Gurren Lagann had a difinitive end that I was happy with, but I feel that because the first two seasons of TFA moved so slowly plotwise, I am left unsatisfied. My mind may change about that after I see the finale and digest the series as a whole, so we shall see. Beast Wars had 50ish episodes, but when it ended, I was satisfied because a LOT of stuff happened. They also didn't leave plot points open like Animated has chosen to do. Bots either died or came with OP and crew on the ship, or were Waspinator and chose to be awesome. But with Animated, there are several stories that they have left open, which frustrates me. Black Arachnia and Waspinator, Lockdown, Swindle, Soundwave, Meltdown, Nanosec and Slo-Mo's relationship [I really wanna see the series end a few years after the Endgame with those two raising a baby...awwww], Constructicons, Wreck-Gar [at least he is out of the lake bed], and the list goes on. A ton of those COULD be explained in Endgame, Lockdown being like a 90% chance, but I am sure they will miss at least one of the explainations. For me to feel satisfied, the series finale would have to include:
    -the whereabouts of Black Arachnia and Waspinator
    -Waspy's planz
    -Lockdown
    -Protoforms/Sari [though that is a given to be explained]
    -Swindle
    -Soundwave
    -More difintive reason as to why Optimus ain't in the Elite Guard [right now, all we have is an implied notion that he took the fall for Elita's "death" and wasn't allowed to graduate from the academy]
    -Wreck-Gar [he still needs to find a niche]
    -Femmescream [pretty sure is also a given]
    -Thundercracker and Skywarp on their little asteroid island [wouldn't care too much if we didn't see them again, but would be nice]
    -Update on Blurr [at least mention his name!]
    -Constructicons [with or without Devs]
    -Meltdown​
    Most of those could be addressed by ten-second scenes, even if tacked onto the end of the finale episode.

Yup, the outcome of Endgame will be what makes or breaks this series for me. I loved the characters, even in seasons 1 and 2, so if they aren't properly addressed at the end of the show...I will be quite surprised at Mr. Marty and the team. It seems that season three was driven by the plot, whereas seasons 1 and 2 were driven by the character relationships of the main cast. It kinda reminds me of G1 where there is a 50 episode season two that does nothing but attempt to develop the characters, but then the movie happens and THERE IS PLOT!

I am starting to ramble so I will stop typing now...:p 

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Eeh, it's a pity because I rather enjoyed the show, but then I also like my figures a bit more traditional so it'll be nice to move onto other toys. Not that I'm overly happy to have the movie be the mainline for the next year or so, so I'm looking ahead for whatever the next line after that might be. If it's more TF:A or a spin-off from that then fair enough. If it's something completely new or a return to Universe or whatever then good too.
    Basically it boils down to I'm not much fussed these days.
    The poll doesn't really cover my feelings well enough so I'll skip voting.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I was sad at first, but I got over it once the movie hype began to come in full force. It'll be fondly remembered by me but I look forward to what Hasbro have planned next.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do I think? I think it sucks. I can't imagine their being many children not liking this show.

I'm happy I was talked into watching the show three or so weeks ago, I wasn't going to give the show a chance because I thought it looked stupid (too cartoony), but man was I surprised by the first few shows. The writing was good and the characters likable--more often than not it feels so nostalgic which is great, as I always thought it was strange that Hasbro has gone back to the original G1 characters seeing how the original Optimus Prime and Megatron are so recognizable.

I will miss this show when it ends, just as I missed Beast Wars. ...I hope I don't have to wait 10 years for the next great show to come along.

Transformed

17. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

I have been filled with atomic rage ever since Derrick mentioned he kept trying to slip Sky-Byte into the show, but they wouldn't let him. Now we'll never see the smartest shark around in Animated. :banghead: 

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i am upset but its just a TV show so...yeah thats that

19. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Not to my knowledge. I don't know anything about Season 4, but as far as I know, Season 3 is exactly how Season 3 was planned to go.

20. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

Where's the "disappointed, but generally upbeat" option?

I think it's a very nice day, a good day to be happy and not upset. Animated was a lot of fun, both the cartoon and the toys, more fun than I ever expected it to be. When it's really over, I'll be a little disappointed, but glad that it happened, and that it was so great.

I remember when TF86 came out, and us kids thought there would be no more Optimus Prime, ever. Now here it is, twenty-three years later, and the kids are worrying that there will be nothing as cool as Animated, ever. Trust us olde phartes. There will be, and more.

(But I am starting to think this is something people must learn for themselves.)