What do you rate Season 2?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Nov 3, 2012.

?

What do you rate Season 2?

1. 10

11.3%
  2. 9

15.7%
  3. 8

32.7%
  4. 7

14.5%
  5. 6

6.9%
  6. 5

6.3%
  7. 4

5.0%
  8. 3

2.5%
  9. 2

0.6%
  10. 1

1.3%
  11. 0

3.1%
  1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of 10, what do you rate season 2?

I'd give it a 7. If it wasn't for the latter 9 episodes, I'd probably give 5. It was really good at times and really bad at times (Tunnel Vision, Armada, Flying Mind).

-I like that it had a continuous story arc, even it did get pretty boring. Yeah, I'm interested in some of the cool relics of Cybertron's past but I don't think there was enough story to last 26 episodes.

-The best thing this season gave us was Smokescreen. He turned out to be an all-around great character. Dreadwing was even interesting while he lasted. I started liking Bulkhead much more in season 2. It also ruined character arcs like Breakdown's and DW's to an extent. Starscream became one of my least favorite characters on the show.

-As stated above, the last 9 episodes starting with New Recruit were outstanding. It started to take on a darker tone and we got a little more character conflict. The season finale and it's cliffhanger leave me anxious for Beast Hunters.

2. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

8, would be a 6.5, but I feel these last episodes really brought it all together and had good moments. I still have my complaints (ambandoning ideas as quickly as I can get excited about them still not enough characterizing smalltalk) but I regardless thoroughly enjoyed this season. Definitely worth it, but not close to perfect; so eight.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About a 4.

-Dreadwing plot line ended too suddenly, Silas plot line ended too suddenly
    -Unicron/Orion Pax arc in the end didn't mean shit except MOAR RELICS
    -Nemesis Prime sucked. Armada was random and introduced shit out of nowhere.
    -The ship gaining a mind of its own was barely built upon, and again, was just there for MOAR RELICS
    -Introduce what I thought would be cool Insecticons but they ended up being more useless cannon fodder.
    -What attempt they had at an overarching plot was a bore.
    -2 clip show episodes.
    -Still didn't care about a lot of the old characters. Optimus is a bore, Bulkhead is a bore, Bumblebee is a bore, Arcee went back to disobeying the team for revenge, etc etc

+Crossfire Megatron vs Insecticon fight scene.
    +
    Invasion part of season 2 finale.
    +Smokescreen.

4. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

9 definetly better than season 1

5. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

When I first read it I thought you said season two was a real cliffjumper:lol 

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4. It's better than season 1 but these things kept me from rating higher

Death of Breakdown and Dreadwing
    Needed more of Wheeljack
    Arcee still lives
    Bulkhead still lives
    MECH arc being a let down and wrapped up too fast
    Starscream being a loser for most of the season
    Needed more Soundwave
    Bee still a giant minicon and prop
    2 clip shows
    Not enough new characters

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Certainly not 10, but a solid 8 sounds fair to me.

8. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

a big fat 0

9. 5ky7ynx86

5ky7ynx86 Lieutenant Commander

Rating it a 3 is definately too dramatic in my opinion. Overall, I'm not sure if this season deserves a 7 or an 8.

Almost all the time there was good: writing, voice acting, and visuals. I love Smokescreen and Dreadwing was sorta cool too. The last 9 episodes definately were amazing. We also got to know the characters more, like how we got to see a bit more of Cliffjumper's past. And I had so much fun watching it! It was like Beast Wars all over again. (this is a good thing.)

However, the relics arc that took up most of the season SUCKED. Big time. It was Armada all over again, except with weapons instead of...robot weapons. The story never went anywhere, and it didn't really develop or flesh out the universe except till the end. Plus, ending Dreadwing's arc 3/4 of the way through was not cool, neither was killing off Breakdown (which, in ways, was worse). But, those are about my only complaints.

Overall, I enjoyed the series. There were seriously MAJOR dissapointments in the forms of character deaths, and the relics suuuuuuuuucked. But everything else about it was good! So i say Season 2 is an 8. Definately looking forward to the rest. Favorite TF series after Beast Wars,

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Four.

Really, Dreadwing's story just ended like that.
    Breakdown was killed to be used for Mech's own transformer, one episode ended both.
    A seasons worth of relic seek and finds and only to see them be used once all together and lost in one episode.
    The story of the four keys that could bring Cybertron back to life, gone in one episode because Prime placed three humans over his home planet.
    The story line of Bulkhead's possible death, only to be told that he might be damaged for good, only to be seen back in action three episodes later.
    The Orion Pax part, which kicked started the relic hunting and Prime recover's his memories with one charge up Matrix. Once the Matrix was back in his body, Prime has no memory of his actions as Orion Pax.

I really hope season three steps it up, like the end of season two did.

11. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Definitely an 8/10.

-Orion Pax arc only lasted THREE episodes
    -Dreadwing and Breakdown just getting thrown aside like broken chew toys
    -Two clip shows in one season
    -The four-part relic hunt
    -Alas, poor David... I mean, Hardshell

+The last nine episodes just made everything epic!
    +
    Destruction of the Autobot base
    after going nearly two seasons without being found
    +Smokescreen! Need I say more?
    +Optimus with the Star Saber was an absolute bonus!
    +The outcome of the season finale. We don't know if
    Optimus Prime is alive or dead

12. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

the series was pretty dull till smokescreen showed up and then it finally got decent.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    1+

Maaaaybe a 2- if I'm feeling REALLY generous. I watched it till lthe end because I never leave mid season but I sure as hell won't be coming for more.

14. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    5. I found it pretty mediocre, there were some good episodes, but the majority of it was, meh.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much as I enjoyed this season, being honest with myself, I can't give it more than a 6/10.

Positives

- Excellent animation. Love the little details that show up in every scene. The facial expressions are also one of the highlights of the series, particularly on characters who emote a lot, like Starscream and Ratchet.

- Great voice work, especially for Optimus, Megatron, Ratchet and Starscream.

- Some really great episodes, particularly close to the end of the season and the two-part season finale.

- Despite the flaws (see below), I find the series to be a lot of fun. I have a blast watching it and the show is still very entertaining. It's just when one steps back and thinks about it too much...

- Smokescreen turned out to be a neat character.

Negatives

- My main gripe with the series: The writers introduce ideas and then don't follow up and/or drop them too quickly. Why/how is there an Insecticon hive on Earth? Who knows, never mentioned again after the episode it appears. SynthEn? Not brought up at all this season. Spend a season-and-a-half building up MECH and Silas? In the span of one episode, MECH is (probably) destroyed, CyLAS is (likely) dead and we lose a character that could have been interesting to follow. Dreadwing gets some character build-up and development? His plotline gets wrapped up suddenly in half an episode. Spend time last season bringing June into the fold? This season, she does basically nothing. Megatron gains the ability to use the Forge? Builds precisely one thing and never uses it again. And, speculating here, but characters spend a whole season collecting relics? By the end of the season, most of the relics are either destroyed (Omega Lock/Keys, ToxEn, RedEn, Spark Extractor), lost on Cybertron (Phase Shifter, Immobilizer, Polarity Gauntlet, Apex Armor), potentially lost on Earth (Forge, Star Saber) and will likely not be mentioned at all next season. Etc.

- Pacing. There were a number of episodes around the middle of the season where I found myself thinking "that's it, that's all that happened and the episode is over?". There were a number of places where I thought two episodes could have been condensed down into one. On the other hand, Regeneration and Darkest Hour were both really cool, but each of them easily could have been expanded out into two episodes. On a similar note, having a clip show as the third-last episode of the season cost some of the momentum built up over the previous episodes.

- Rushed ending.

- Two clip shows in one season. Seriously, I can't remember any other cartoon I've seen that had two dedicated recap/clip shows in one 26-episode season. Patch was actually pretty good, and I'd have a better opinion of it if there hadn't already been a clip show earlier in the season, but Grill was terrible.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  16. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

For me, it's a 9, because that last episode REALLY did it for me.

17. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Yeah right

18. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    8 because since most of the episodes were from great to OMG AWESOME and there were a few episodes I didnt like.

19. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I give it a solid 8. I wasn't very fond of the Clip Episodes, but other than that I thought Season 2 was great and after watching Beast Wars, I'm ready for Season 3.

20. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I cant wait for the next transformers cartoon because people will say transformers prime was better then it and that prime was the best tf show ever!