What do you hate the most about Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundlips, Nov 20, 2020 at 1:50 AM.

1. Sky79

Sky79 Well-Known Member

Bless you sir

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Budiansky did it with Skids and Blaster. Furman too (80s Furman that is, 2006 up Furman, kind of a hit and miss). So it all boils to the writer I guess?

In Japan, G1, after the main USA storyline ended (The Rebirth excluded), Takara/Toei DID shift to new leaders.

Don't you think there's also some form of market research going into their decisions now concerning the focus on G1? And a recent so called "study" states that hungering for "nostalgia" supposedly gives/feeds a subconscious/subliminal need for some sort of mental stability or safety. Something like that.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Starscream except the UT version.

4. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

That is why I love the Marvel comics the most in terms of Transformers stories. Furman and Budiansky really fleshed out a lot of these underused characters and made them memorable.

• Like Like x 4
  5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 The Ryuko Dude™

Google+:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. KFGatri

Ebay:
    And I assume the silly Japanese dub of Beast Wars doesn't exist either? :p 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fafnir72

You mean this compilation tome of greatness which Age of Extinction and to a form, The Last Knight adapted? (HUmans going against and hunting TFs and Unicron being trapped on Earth) 20201122_113419.jpg

This is the compilation of the entire story including the "Black Pantherman aka Ravage" subplot

To it's credit, we can question the human artsyle of the author but the story though hookey is sound. Compare the story to RotF and AoE?

Ohshima also ROCKS as a mech toy artist.

• Like Like x 2
  9. KFGatri

Ebay:
    So you're saying Kiss Players inspired AOE and TLK? That's not helping KP's standing ... :D :p 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 The Ryuko Dude™

Google+:
    YouTube:
    It doesn't exist....and it never has existed. Are we clear?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fafnir72

:ev: 

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

The only way to confront the greatest of foes is to have at it frontal assault style ala Megatron and not deny it's existence!

:ev: :ev: 

12. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

Probably done to death, but characters that have WAY too many bullshit nonsensical supernatural powers that's not really technology based and they have for really no reason (*cough* Windblade)

Oh and the whole City Speaking thing, I mean come on they are talking face to face with a giant head, why do you need all this extra bs where you need to use telepathic abilities when it's literally like two feet in front of you. It's a freaking giant head, it has a mouth for a reason come on.

Oh and too many Mary Sues in universe.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate...

That we never got Transformers Armada the PS2 game: Special Edition.
    More levels! More bots & cons! Unicron’s robot mode! An Autobot HQ that you can explore! More of everything!

But on the plus side, the game is a perfect length. Makes it great for replaying.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t be surprised. There’s also the mental stability that pushing G1 brings Hasbro too, they’ve been doing G1 stuff in generations for the past 6 years now, with Kingdom being the only mainline generations theme to not be predominantly G1. That study would apply to other fans too- UT fans would be berserk for CHUG figures out of nostalgia, but Hasbro just wants to keep pumping out G1. It’s a security thing at this point, but I can’t see the business sense in not branching out after Kingdom. (Kinda rambled there)

oh, and that strange book you hold... it’s forbidden knowledge does not exist! :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  15. CapZat

CapZat Active Member

The Bumblebee movie, and Shatter is one of my favorite Characters but Bumblebee movie was the most soulless thing that I've ever seen in my life since Pacific Rim Uprising
    G1 things since 2015, even the original shows are G1 inspired now like Cyberverse, everything G1, Siege was the last nail in the coffin for original shows/designs, everything is G1 now, and Studio series is G1 now too, and after kingdom we'll get more and more G1 things, maybe forever, good job geewinners your dream came true, at last we have hidden gems between 100 G1 oriented products like kingdom Blackarachnia and Cyberverse Arcee
    Amazing company producing amazing figures from the worst movies and the worst designs
    Yeah Unique Toys I'm looking at you
    Maybe the best engineering right now, and wasting their talent with characters like TF5 Megatron instead of 100 Characters who need their MPM scale treatment for 10 years and maybe more, and they'll produce Galvatron, maybe the worst version and the worst design ever made, of course it will be an amazing toy, but imagine producing a fucking Galvatron instead of TF2 Megatron, Sentinel Prime or TF3 Megatron or Shockwave or anything
    Exclusives, there are 0 excuses to produce exclusives "BB.BUT IS NECESSARY! MUH RETAILERS!!" NO, because before Siege the amount of exclusives was MINIMAL, the entire Siege line is a joke and I've sold my Siege figures because is such a disgusting line to collect, 20 normal figures and 20 exclusives good luck trying to complete the collection, bravo Hasbro

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 4:49 AM
  16. Fafnir72

You mean the Necronomicon? :lolol  I found it by accident in the desolate plains of Shibuya.......lot's of Lovecraftian artifacts over there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. quantumpencil

quantumpencil Member

Ebay:
    Takara's masterpiece line's prices.

On a more serious note, I think a lot of the TV shows are pretty subpar. More specifically, the character writing is often quite bad. Beast Wars is the best in this regard by far -- best written characters -- and season 2 is especially compelling, but a lot of tf shows just fail to create resonant characters if you're watching them as an adult. I sort of liked Siege, but the characters all felt stilted and awkward and smothered by the sometimes pretentiously 'dark' tone.

But BOY THESE THE BEST TOYS EVER!

18. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Miki Matsubara - Stay With Me

News Credits:
    Lack of individuality between characters compared to other ensemble franchises like the Avengers and Justice League. You have enough material to create a good standalone movie about Ironman, the Hulk, or Black Panther but not Warpath, Sideswipe, or Ironhide.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soundlips

Soundlips Yes, they are real

There's a few reasons for that, Marvel goes in with a mindset that they will be focusing primarily on one character or a very small group of characters while Transformers very seldom looks at just one or two characters in particular for the most part and kinda like to look at it as a team effort and not individuals. Two, the number of Transformers is a lot higher than the number of superheroes/villians so of course they are gonna focus on them more and a lot of Transformers will be highly underdeveloped or background characters. Three and most importantly of all, lazy writing. I just don't think they care enough to get heavily in depth about every or most Transformers characters for one reason or another or because they don't want to waste the time, resources, or money on it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Don’t ask about my profile picture

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I hate transformers armada and energon
    I hate combiner wars and titans return and I hate how hasbro is not using union actors

• Like Like x 1