What Do you expect Gameplay To be like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by megatronski, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I don't know what I expect...

What I want, on the other hand, is something really immersive. I'd like a semi non-linear approach to the game. I'd like to explore Cybertron a bit, actually, so an open world style like GTA, or at least Ultimate Spider-Man would be a lot of fun for me. I just really don't want to go from point A to point B, smashing up goons a la Double Dragon. That gets tiring really fast.

In terms of control, I want to be able to transform at will. I don't care if I have to hold down a trigger or not. (I'd prefer not to, actually.) I'd like a targeting system that works decently.

2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    For game play I believe it will be something along the lines of Gears of War/Uncharted 2 (minus the climbing) but, with (hopefully) a greater emphasis on melee combat and vertical combat (battles on the ground and in the air). I am glad to hear they are taking a preexisting engine (Unreal engine) and working from there, this way they can spend more time on modifying the existing engine with appropriate game mechanics such as (hopefully) transformation, melee, and vertical combat.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    To me personally I don't care what they do if I can transform, shoot, and do melee thats good enough for me, but hopefully no camera adjustments because it gets a little bit frustating. So thats all. The rest was pretty much explained.

4. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gameplay will earn the ire of some segments of the fandom, no matter how much time, effort and money will be invested in making it work.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    didnt the article say something about it being a shooter like Gears of War? I would like it in that style with mission thrown in where they would have to be done in vehicle mode.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I expect the gameplay to be similar to the Armada game, only grittier, like Gears.

7. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

Well...

I'd like the ROTF Free roam and weapon switch/UPGRADE.
    I'd also perfer if transforming was like the first game where you PUSH a button,not hold it.
    I'd need some Lock on weapons.
    No camera switch(ROTF PS2/Wii).
    Maybe 07 camera where you can look around if not moving.

Other than that,IDC.

EDIT:Oh right! Open world.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010