What do we want to see in 2010 toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nukatron, May 11, 2009.

1. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    the other two storm seekers...and a trypticon repaint using the cybertron scourge mold....

2. DinoTarant

DinoTarant Well-Known Member

A new Megatron, Optimus, Soundwave, Shockwave, Blitzwing in the Universe 3.0 line, and no cybertron key crap.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Random thoughts, no particular order:

- Restart Animated in January 2010. First wave would be Electrostatic Soundwave/Arcee/Freeway Jazz/Cybertron Ratchet at the Deluxe class, Wingblade Prime/Blackout/Goldfire Grimlock/HD Bumblebee at the Voyager level. Future waves to potentially include Female Starscream, Strika, Ironhide, Omega Supreme, etc.

- Restart Universe in late 2010 as "Universe 3.0", once the RotF line has died down enough to allow 3 TF lines on the shelves again.

- New Classics Seeker mold - The current mold is clearly starting to break down, with QC issues showing up on the most recent uses (Acid Storm, etc), so time for a new one. Model a new mold on the Seeker design in IDW's early comics (the F-22, IIRC). Use this new mold for Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker (and Sunstorm as a Target-exclusive, somewhere along the line).

- A Beast Machines wave in Universe, with the goal of providing a (somewhat) better scaled version of the main cast. Ultra Optimus Primal, Ultra Megatron (dragon), Voyager Cheetor, Voyager Tankor, Deluxe Rattrap, Deluxe Nightscream, Deluxe Silverbolt, Deluxe Obsidian as Wave 1.

- Repaint, slight remold of the Sunstreaker mold as Punch/Counterpunch.

- Universe Stunticons/Menasor - Use the Energon combination system, except Motormaster would be a Voyager and the limbs would be Deluxes, plus the hands and feet would be more convincing. The first two limbs would be unique molds, while the second two limbs would be repaints and slight retools of the first two limbs.

- Transformers Crossovers: DC Universe - Batman transforms into the Batmobile! Wonder Woman transforms into the Invisible Jet! Aquaman transforms into a boat! Superman transforms into...I don't know, like a helicopter or something. It seems to be working for Marvel characters, why not DC's stable?

4. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Classics/Universe - continue that stuff. And you can't go wrong with combiners/gestalts/whatever-you-wanna-call-them. Especially for us peeps who haven't been collecting for long and don't have them. I know i can get them still via ebay, but something where i don't get raped in the butt wallet-wise would be much appreciated. Oh well, i will continue to hold hope.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see a new 6 bot devs based on the obviou g1 bots all at the voyager size. Then they could go and make us the REAL airialbots that combine with the new silverbolt at ultra with the rest of em at voyager size. I'd like to see the masterpiece line with better ultra magnus that has a transforming trailer!! Forget the inner bot! Just give us a real U.M.!!! Let's see what else... There's more just can't think of nething else right now...

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the 2010 main toyline will be a more kiddie-fied Movie-esque thing, as in based on the general movie look, but a bit simpler with some more gimmicks to bring up the kid appeal, and different enough that Hasbro wouldn't have to share licensing fees with Dreamworks and Paramount.

... but this is a wish list thread, sooo...

Universe 3, continuing the new molds on past lines, now including Animated (assuming Animated is largely done as a stand-along toyline by 2010) and allowing a few of the popular characters who didn't get toys.

Animated Omega Supreme, preferably Supreme, though I could work with smaller (or even 'classics/universe' style, if it was based on the same basic spacecraft design)

Classics Jazz, hopefully designed by Alex Kubalsky.

7. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Something new, nicely engineered, and all around likeable like Animated.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Oh and forgot,but maybe Titaniums again,with nothing but War Within Figures,those things
    are just AWESOME,sure I only have 5 or 6 of them right now I hope to finish by getting
    the rest.And I will just say it but yes make them mostly of metal,they have that G1 feel
    to them with it.So I hope Hasbro will seriously consider bringing them back.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For the love of all that is geeky I just want the Universe line back so toy collecting can be fun for me again.

Guess in a wish list thing I'd agree that a new mold for Starscream would be nice to bring him up to the standard of the later Universe releases. Also hope Hasbro gets off it's butt about some of the popular characters that haven't got a Universe deluxe sized figure yet like Jazz and Soundwave.

The return of the G1 Robot Heroes would be a nice thing as well.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The return of Classics: Jazz, Soundwave, Shockwave and Blitzwing are my wants. Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Perceptor, Reflector, Springer, Grapple and Sunstorm would be nice too down the road.

Finishing off Animated: Put out any character that shows up that we haven't seen yet. Omega Supreme, Hot Rod, Blackout, Arcee, Wheeljack, etc. Maybe a Voyager Sentinel Prime.

Selfishly (and I know it'll never happen), releasing the 3-inch Titaniums that had molds made (or would be easy repaints of already made figures) in some store or convention-exclusive gift set.

Though this last part doesn't have to do with Hasbro, if Kaiyodo can be nudged into making more Transformer Revoltechs that would be nice too.

11. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Classics/ Universe versions of all the G1 characters starting with the ones we couldn't get when Animated was out, a proper Devestator (give updated molds to the 6 Constructicons and give them the ability to combine), a Classics Predaking that can seperate into the Predacons, Shockwave, etc. And no other gimmicks other than transforming

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

how about, some "2010", bots? :p 

13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a

Well, oddly enough, 2010 toys would be fitting for 2010, could re-launch Universe as Universe 2010

I want to see a deluxe Jazz based on the Legends Jazz at the beginning of Universe, with some kind of storable weapon (with Ricochet repaint)

I would say Decepticon Mini-con repaints, but the originals were hard enough to find, those would be impossible.

Of course more robot heroes post movie, for me since they are even doing movie ones, it bodes well for the format and some sort of future domestic release even if it is not the ones that are already shown, but some other G1 or Beast Wars, or anything aside from the movie down the road basically.

Hopefully, they will not release those sets they say they are not producing after I import them. I hope they make some repaints of the existing molds so they can make some new molds to put in there, after raking in all that movie money it will fund the next G1/2010 stuff.

I have to set back and let all this fancy movie stuff go by this time.

Animated Omega Supreme would be nice, but I am sure he would be impossible to find, I want a Voyager more then any other class, I am sorry but the Voyagers/Deluxe look more fun then those large classes.

I think if Voyager Grimlock/Lugnut were larger they would have been bricks.

Maybe an Omega Supreme Legends too, even though Animated Legends are mythical in my area as well. (blue and white repaint)

14. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:

All of this would be super sweet :thumb 

15. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    I just want a seekers pack!! good looking seekers!! ive seen the Heneki but ive always wanted to get them all ever since i was a kid and have yet to do so. I honestly dont mind them releasing the more off the universe line its always fun to get an updated character in whihc u have had an original since o about 1987 lol i honestly wouldnt mind seeing some more Animated toys! i Really hope they dont discontinue!!

16. Wodicus

Wodicus Active Member

Well I'll just repeat everyone else in this thread, I want Universe to return in 2010, preferably with the first waving having something like Deluxe Wheeljack, Jazz and Trailbreaker. I'd also like to see some of the G1 minibots get deluxe sized toys, like Brawn and Windcharger. I'd also like to see the other dinobots released as well.

I also think the idea someone else had in here where they redo the seekers as another type of plane, like a F-22 which is the popular choice instead of a F-15. I think so new combiner sets would be great, like the Technobots and Stunticons.

I would also like to see more Animated characters, like more members of Team Char. I think it would be great for Strika, Spittor, Cyclonus to get there own toys.

Though one thing I would like to see is they do some cool repaints with the ROTF line like they did with the first movie line. I never collected during Armada/Energon/Cybertron so I missed some cool molds and I would like to see more repaints from those lines so I can get my hands on molds I never collected.

Now with that said I am going to go hide in a heavily reinforced bunker for when the anti-repaint people come to hunt me down and put my head on a pike.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cos DC's license is owned by Mattel

For 2010 I, like most, hope for more Universe stuff, though I know realistically we're gonna be seeing mostly ROTF shit well into spring next year, or even freaking later

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    All I want to see right now are the Voyager Rhinox and Soundwave they said they were interested in doing.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course, the ROTF line will continue throughout 2010, if the longevity and success of the last movie line is any indication. Again, if the pattern holds, the new line will hit around July 2010. Based on what we know about development schedules, I have no doubt there will be plenty of info revealed about this line at Botcon.

This will come as a surprise to some, but I'd like to see a return to Animated, or at least a similar style. While I don't like it personally, I think it formed a nice counterpoint to the first movie line. Movie serious, Animated fun. I think it works.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More Universe please!