What do we think will happen in tf IDW post Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ultramagnus1, Dec 30, 2017.

1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After Unicron, nothing will be left, nothing

• Like Like x 2
  2. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Regeneration One Apologist

I think both books should have about ten issues after unicron to finish their plots, after have a big old epilogue to send off the universe and then, start a new series

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Best possible outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Arcee and Windblade are the only female characters left, Rewind and Blaster are best friends all of a sudden and Chromedome is no where to be found and Windblade is written like how Drift was when he first showed up because this new writer has no idea who this ninja robot is. 3 months in the new writers that one ninja decepticon from the cartoon and turns Windblade into that one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You say that like anyone actually remembers cartoon Rewind.

6. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want either a series of one shots or a reboot, maybe within the g1 cartoon continuity :) 

7. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

* Rodimus turns from being over-the-top to a guy who just wants to be Optimus
    * Daniel shows up for no reason
    * The Headmasters are still introduced as Nebulans (even though they’re pretty much extinct)
    * Scrapper’s back and Scoop’s nowhere to be found
    * Prowl’s a good and wholesome Autobot again, and Thundercracker’s a evil Decepticon

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

Unicron implodes and the universe reboots.
    It's time.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

It maybe is time but its a massive gamble for IDW. To restart the continuity. How would the current creative teams do a brand new continuity,? Would it end up being verybsimilar to what we had? Could James or john write a different type of tf story,?

I don't think its that simple. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

I think you’re right.
    Probably bring in new talent if that happens:/

11. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

I don’t know but I am just getting sick of the Reboot tend. I am content just reading the transformers comics at the moment.

12. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I think the 'Rebooting the Universe' idea has been proven by 'The Big 2' to be more of a jumping off point than anything. And it's bungled often enough that the loyal readers who stick around are annoyed with the, often poorly thought out, continuity ramifications.

So considering how 'small' IDW has kept the Transformers universe, there's really no reason they can't just leave the characters we've been reading in a 'stasis' of sorts and focus elsewhere.

They can tell stories about some of the many marooned crews around the galaxy. Tell us some stories rooted in the past of the colonies, of Cybertron itself. Make all of New Iacon disappear and birth the protoforms (assuming they're still around). Jump into the future, to the past, whatever.

And then someday, when it makes sense, and the dust has settled, bring back some of the earlier characters to see how everything has changed.

So while the IDW TF tapestry has hinted at being vast, but we haven't actually seen much of it. There's plenty to experience in the unseen reaches before having to just wipe it all away, even if we're not spending our time with the same characters and same locations we are now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see how a couple of Hasbro Universe #1's did compared to the series they are fake-relaunching (these numbers are copies ordered by comic shops):

G.I. Joe #5: 5,432
    G.I. Joe #6: 5,071
    G.I. Joe #7: 5,404
    G.I. Joe #8: unlisted
    G.I. Joe #9: 4,548
    Scarlett's Strike Force #1: 3,852

Rom #10: 6,092
    Rom #11: 5,970
    Rom #12: unlisted
    Rom #13: 5,542
    Rom #14: 5,310
    Rom & the Micronauts #1: 4,889

Sitterson blames IDW for intentionally under-promoting his book and then using the subsequent low sales as an excuse to axe it, but the R&tM relaunch isn't doing much better and wasn't involved in any sort of dumb controversy. Why would a post-Unicron reboot do any better? What would actually get an audience to show up and stick around? I have no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    They will do a complete revamp of the whole line, using Unicron as an excuse to pull a DC Rebirth and basically clean up their mistakes. Optimus Prime will return to being The Transformers and focus on the First Season Cast, while Lost Light will become a new series under Roberts that will focus on the Movie/Later season cast, with Arcee moved to Roberts' cast but Ratchet moved to Transformers. Rom will continue on, GI Joe will get yet another revamp, and IDW will move to a miniseries style for their other lines.

15. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

I’d like to see this if for no other reason than we’ve never had a situation before of a long-running, established universe where Unicron *wins*. We see snippets here and there of universes where the TFs lose to Unicron, but it’s always short journeys to alternate realities used as a way of showing the stakes involved.

The IDW continuity is circling the drain anyway, why not let it go out with a bang and give us something unique in the process?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    "Transformers: Challenge of The Gobots"

17. ultramagnus1

People always think that the universe(continuity) ends when the big guy turns up. That's not really true though.

In g1 Sunbow Unicron was the bridge between season 2 and 3 of Sunbow. In marvel us Unicron was defeated in #75( I think) of marvel us. The story went on for 5 more issues before an additional 21 with regeneration. I'm counting #0 there.

I admit I'm not familiar with other continuities but Unicron doesn't necessarily mean the end of a continuity unless he actually wins....

• Like Like x 2
  18. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

We get Scourge...Cyclonus...maybe Insecticons?
    Unicron makes rebirths,he doesn't end series.I don't really know much on IDW.

19. ultramagnus1

Scourge and cyclonus are in IDW. At least scourge was at one point. Cyclonus is a big IDW character

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

I expect maybe Bombshell then.