What didn't you like in your favorite TF show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TheWarPathGuy, May 20, 2019.

1. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Self explanatory.

2. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    zombie vehicons in TPF
    Zombie airrachnid in TFP
    Cylas piloting breakdown in TFP

• Like Like x 1
  3. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Beast Wars is a phenomenal series, and if you have never seen it, I highly encourage you to do so. With that said though, while its still pretty good overall, I do think that there's an argument to be had that Beast Wars's third and final season was rather rushed and perhaps even a little disjointed. With the exception of Depth Charge, every new idea and / or character introduced felt half-baked, and certainly didn't get the proper time they needed to be fleshed out and developed. This isn't helped by half the season pretty much being an excuse to advertise a new Transmetal form a character would end up having for what, 3-7 episodes or so?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

The animation errors in G1

• Like Like x 2
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The fact that they hired Simon Furman to write Beast War's finale.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pretty much this - even Depth Charge got shuffled off-stage for long stretches at a time. Also, a lot of Season One ended up being filler - some of it contributed to characterization, but it was almost like a slice of life in the war.

Yeah, Nemesis Part 1 & 2 aren't my favorite episodes. At least Optimus and Megatron's final battle was much better in Beast Machines.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I disagree. Every character in that series was fully developed and fleshed out... except maybe the Tripredacus Council who only appear in one scene and look nothing like their toys. For a long time it didn't even occurre to me that they actually even had toys.

The only thing that really felt unresolved was the origins of Tarantulus and the Tripredacus Council since it was mentioned that they were not Autobot/Decepticon descendants like the other Maximals and Predacons. And what their connection to the Vok is cause Tarantulus seemed to know an awful lot about them that no other character was even aware of... including Primal who actually spoke to them once... or Tigerhawk who was created by them...

Anyway... the only thing I hate about Beast Wars is the dated animation... and the design of TM2 Cheetor… kinda wish he didn't get a TM2 design cause he didn't even look like a cheetah anymore, had a horrible hunch back, and the articulation was crap compared to other figures released around the same time.

8. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I don’t like the fact Animated didn’t get its 4th season.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hated how in Animated Optimus eventually dismissed how shitty of a person Sentinel was, and further more that he thought Sentinel would be a good leader for Cybertron. Everyone is on and on on how Megatron was the big bad, but honestly, Sentinel was worse. As even seen in "This Is Why I Hate Machines", he was already showing signs of sending Cybertron down the drain.

Also, I hated how Blackarachnia's arc didn't end up going anywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blam320

News Credits:
    He said “for better or for worse” Sentinel was Cybertron’s Leader. Optimus wasn’t Elite Guard, despite also being a Prime, and he doesn’t know about any other candidates. He also didn’t know Sentinel would stir up a culture of paranoia, and genuinely believed Sentinel grew as a person after the spiel with Blackarachnia.

He definitely had reservations about Sentinel, so I guess you could say OP is overly optimistic, but that’s really been his thing since G1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Thats a highly problematic statement. In this case, its definitely a "worse" scenario. Sentinel is as much of a danger to Cybertron as Megatron is, or at least, he was very well on the direct path to it. He wreckless, self-centered, egotistical, and corrupted. Optimus knew exactly who Sentinel was through years of his actions, and somehow still didn't think he would be a danger to Cybertron.

12. Blam320

News Credits:
    See, unfortunately a lot of “I don’t like this about TFA” statements, such as yours about Blackarachnia and Sentinel, fall under the same category of “it would have been explained/rectified in Season 4.” We need to remember that the ending of Season 3 wasn’t intended to be the finale, and Season 4 was abruptly cancelled mid-production.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Other than some animation screw ups when starscream is supposed to be talking but its skywarp who's mouth is moving. Then you hear sometimes starscream voice speaking connected to skywarp mouth when that isn't his voice. I was watching Dinobot island part 1 and part 2 and there's plenty of screw ups on the seekers talking. I really would have loved if they did the voice connection correct and animation color correct.

14. Gamma V

Gamma V Sentient Teletraan Supporter

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The more I think about it, the more I hate that, in G1, Skyfire was turned into a rather generic Autobot after his debut episode. This may have been a case of Executive Meddling, though, as the legal troubles surrounding Skyfire/Jetfire's toy were dictating that the character eventually be dropped. Additionally, I wish they could've done more with Teletraan 1's unusually emotional behavior in Attack of the Autobots. Of course, not having a toy probably forced writers to just generally keep him as a generic computer.

15. Gzstg

Gzstg Autobot Historian, Armada Dub Defender

The rushed animation in the English dub of Armada.

• Like Like x 3
  16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What did you see that makes you think Sentinel was worse than Megatron? It's generally established that Animated Sentinel is a jerk but still over all good while Megatron is just straight up evil. More on this later...

I totally agree with you on this point. I think that was one of the things they were going to expand on in Season 4 as there was even talks about an episode where Blackarachnia was going to create a technorganic clone of Optimus Prime. This would of been the origin of Optimus Primal in animated... and even though he's referred to as technorganic it has nothing to do with the Beast Machines design. He would of looked like Season 1 Beast Wars Primal but with Animated style proportions.

Wreckless, self-centered, egotistical yes... corrupt? No. And none of those traits make him evil. You ever seen this before?

[​IMG]

This is Beast Wars themed and I don't really agree with every character they placed on here... also I couldn't find an Animated one...

Anyway... Sentinel Prime would be considered Chaotic Good. While he has terrible personality traits he is still motivated by good. He just has a wrong way of trying to achieve that goal.

Megatron on the other hand... well the Animated incarnation I think I would describe as Lawful Evil. The exact opposite of Sentinel Prime. He has an attitude and a charisma about him that lures you into a false sense of security but ultimately he doesn't actually care about anyone but himself. He's only playing a con till he gets whatever he wants. We see this with how he manipulates Issac Sumdac, Nanosec, the Constructicons, even Lugnut who is his most loyal soldier Megatron is clearly annoyed by and only puts up with him because of how powerful and blindly loyal he is.

You must of missed huge chunks of the show if you think Sentinel is worse than Megatron. On a surface level sure, one is clearly a jerk and the other acts like a nice guy. But that's the problem, it's an act, it's just surface level stuff. When you look down into the characters motivations Megatron is self serving and doesn't care about anyone but himself while Sentinel Prime genuinely wants to help the citizens of Cybertron. Did he go about it the wrong way? Yes he did. But he was doing what he thought was in the best interest of Cybertron not just himself.

That said neither of them would really be good leaders. Need a Lawful Good for that. Chaotic Good no matter how well meaning they may be are still Chaotic. But of the two I'd rather have the Chaotic Good than the Lawful Evil.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    I genuinely cannot reply to this without bringing in modern politics as an example, which is for good reason against the rules.
    Damn.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For TF: Prime it was probably Smokescreen's arc. Don't get me wrong I still love, I mean Love, Predacons Rising's ending, that wouldn't exist without Optimus' revival. I just wish they did something more with Smokescreen.

Energon...as a kid........I didn't like Inferno's revival. I found his death perfect. I was "meh" when he returned. In Armada I loved when Smokescreen returned as Hoist.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BW is my fav. Buuuuut...

1. I would’ve portrayed AirRazor differently. She was so plain as to be almost forgettable. She & Tigatron really got the short end of the stick. They needed more to do.

2. TM2 Blackarachnia looks bad. First they traded out her black and gold color scheme for pink and navy blue, and then they glued frilly junk to her helmet and changed her face/lips.

3. If they had to get rid of Terrorsaur & Scorponok, they should’ve given them a bigger send-off. As is, you can miss it literally just by blinking.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    In Beast Wars, probably have Optimus in season 3 not get beaten rather easily so often despite having the new Optimal upgrade. Maybe introduce Dragon Megatron sooner so the factions aren't mismatched.

Tigerhawk could have been handled better but a lot of the problems with him seemed due to executive edicts.

The problem with my complaints for Animated is that it sounds liked if they could have done Season 4 it would have had the stuff I would have liked.

I always thought Smokescreen should have been called Hot Rod. Even his design looks rather Hot Rod-ish if you were to give a red, yellow, and orange recolor.

• Like Like x 1