what did you think of the score?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, Jun 27, 2014.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

after one view i didn't find myself loving any of the song in the film,they're wasn't any song like the forest battle,the arrival to earth,you're a soldier now,it's our fight...

2. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

I loved the little motifs from TF1 that happened every once in a while. But as for the actual soundtrack? Err, I'd say something positive about it but to be frank I don't remember any of it, it was fairly forgettable. Only track that stuck out to me was when Lockdown appeared with his ship on the highway. And the way Battle Cry was used was kind of annoying, then again DOTM had the same problem.

3. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When Lockdown was walking down the road, it gave me chills. That music was so effing badass! And also when he came back after realizing he didn't have Prime! That music was the same from the theatrical trailer. It was like: Dun....dun dun...... Dun.... dun dun.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, I felt the music overall was fairly forgettable. I'm having trouble even remembering any specific themes, whereas I immediately went home to find the score after the previous 3 movies.

What I did like was the rousing theme playing as the Autobots first united, and the reuse of Arrival to Earth.

5. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Brilliant!They even used Arrival to Earth and that score from the Payoff trailer that RazorX3000 is talking about,I like the one when OP drives to meet with the Autobots too.Battle Cry and Control by Heng Geng are also nicely used.I like that one when OP drives to meet the Autobots and when Cade drives and stuf there is that "uuuu..uuuu...uuuu...uuuuuuu" not from Battle Cry but was very epic

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly the same opinions as 'TheMixmaster' here. Overall it was fairly forgettable and Only 3 scores seemed interesting to me - 2 of them being very underused or short. None really being that memorable, but these three are stuff I'd like to hear the full version of;

- Meeting the Autobots score
    - The very underused rock score during the start of the Cade and Savoy chase
    - The very short Optimus leaves score

A few bits of the score seemed ripped/inspired from other films;

- The music with wounded Optimus sounds like music from a romance/heartbreak moment in a love film I've seen... cant remember which
    - The music when Shane arrives is like a piece from the 'Man Of Steel' score
    - Arrival To Earth returns when Optimus frees the Dinobots, however its just the same as the first movie with no additions

Music that took me out the movie;
    - The music from the Payoff trailer appears in the movie, however its only used for one or two scenes and doesn't add anything to the scene serving more as background music
    - During the Lockdown final battle two pieces of the soundtrack (Control and Battle Cry) play and it ruins all tension of the scene
    - Battle Cry plays way too much
    - The Dinobot fight/arrival/battle score was very weak and did not match the scenes being shown

7. Lord Person

Lord Person housequake!

News Credits:
    The Track that play when Grimlock transforms for the first time. Goosebumps.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Forgettable.

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jablonsky's music really took a backseat in this picture. Unlike 'Arrival to Earth,' or the DC invasion piece, there wasn't really anything I can really recall, except a little piece of the Autobot theme when Prime gets the Dinobots on their side.

10. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Disappointinted.

11. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really loved it the new autobots theme is more subtle and beautiful. I wasn't dissapointed at all, it has evolved nicely.

12. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Always love the TF scores.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

There weren't any standout moments of musical glory like in the last three. I don't remember any pieces of music except for the bits that were in the trailer and Battle Cry.

14. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Well, I liked it... even the Battle Cry moments.

15. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

The only theme I remembered was the original main theme from TF1 when Optimus pulled his sword out

Ha

16. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Er... have you seen the film? Thought it comes out mid July for you?

17. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

Nothing phenomenal like DOTM, but nothing that bad. I would say it's more on the lines of ROTF; only a few good scores.

Makes me think is this a result of Jablonsky starting to compose the music at such a late date and thus rushing all his work?

I felt there was one scene in HK or Chicago involving Bumblebee, where I picked up some cues of Jab's previous work on the main theme of The Island.

But I did not like the music at the final battle scene; I kept waiting for the chorus of the Battle Cry to play during the scene, yet it does not come!

18. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Lockdown walking was cool, and I enjoyed the parts that used the music from the second trailer or whatever it was, but yeah other than that I really didn't notice it as much as TFTM and DOTM.

19. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Aside from the reuse of Arrival to Earth from TF1 nothing really stood out, unlike his previous scores. I still listen to DOTM a lot but this I don't know. Either he just didn't get enough time or after three films had nowhere else to explore tonally. To me, is a shame because he is such a talent.

Where was the pounding bass and drums that was in one of the early trailers that was kinda a rework of of the track "We Were Gods Once" just little more up tempo and thundering?

20. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    I absolutely hated that.