What did you think of Optimus in AOE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Jun 27, 2014.

?

Did you like Prime in AOE

1. Yes he was awesome!

90 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. indifferent

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. No I hate/dislike this Optimus

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Optimus was back in his awesome action hero movie fashion once again. This time he was really piss off at humans. Because lets face it humans were dicks in AOE! Of course I love this Optimus Prime and think he was completely justified in what he did in this movie
    Kelsey Grammer's character deserved what he got the whole time I was watching the movie I wanted to beat the living shit out of the character!

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes he was awesome!

3. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Autobots VS Decepticons

One side is lead by tyrant who justifies his rule by heredity, doomed his race to extinction, destroyed his planet, and relishes mutilations.

The other is led by Megatron.

4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus is a fuckin murderhouse!

5. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I enjoyed this Optimus very, very much.

6. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

I prefer this dark Optimus then the Optimus we had before.

7. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Well I guess I know what you voted for...

8. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Explain the tyrant remark. Also, the Cybertronian race was doomed for a long time, they just didn't know it. Its not Optimus' fault at all.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    This I the first time I cared about him since TF07. He was just defeated, broken, and sad. He was someone you could sympathize for.

Plus his reaction to Ratchet dying was great. Peter Cullen did a good job conveying the emotion.

10. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Optimus sure liked saying he wanted to kill you a whole lot. Still odd hearing Peter Cullen uttering those very un-Prime-like words.

I did like how broken up Prime was over Ratchet's death. Finally, some emotion for fallen comrades aside from a tepid, "Oh, Jazz!" Nothing was ever said of Ironhide or Que's deaths.

11. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it was so so. like always the movie couldn't decide if it wanted prime to be a compassionate guy doing what he had to or a guy who likes stabbing and killing.

12. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh how do I put this. Megatron doomed cybertron, not optimus. Everything optimus did was based on autobot code, he chose to save earth and the humans over cybertron because cybertron was dead and prime had made earth his home for years by then

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I laughed my ass off at how fucking ridiculous he was, with the shit dialogue and ├╝ber violence. So I guess I liked him.

14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

A tyrant who led his species to ruins? Umm, ok :inquisiti 

I really liked this Optimus. He was justifiably pissed off at humans. He and his Bots were betrayed by them, hunted down to be murdered. He watched via recording, one of his closest friends be tortured and murdered. He was set on taking out the decepti-humans hunting them and avenging those these humans murdered. He was then set on taking the rest of the Bots and leaving humans to their own miserable fate (brought on by humanity's own arrogance).

I have no doubt that the Bots will all be very hesitant to trust humans again (except for Cade and the others).

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    AOE deffinitely felt out to legitimize Optimus. He feels like a different character than past movies, much more emotional and less of an unwavering rock. But at the same time it feels like they want to bring new context to some of the things he says... but that context only really works in this film.

It's almost an error in that respect. Like he's so God damn emotional and angry over his kind dying, but never even asked "hey, where's Iornhide?" In DOTM. It's... odd.

I mean, Optimus outright bids to kill whomever is responsible for the Autobot detahs, even if they're a human. Though they purposefully make him say it in a bout of rage. In fact, though he kills Attinger... it's to actually save Cade instead. Optimus never even mentions revenge, he just screams when Cade's in danger while he's fighting Lockdown and acts on it.

On the flip side, he's also not purely a one-track monolith this movie. Like how he remarked to Cade that Tessa growing up and becoming unpredictable was something Optimus had experienced with Bumblebee growing up.

Like it really seems like the majority of effort was spent making the Autobots more human, which meant making Optimsu more human. Giving him emotions we can see, and reacting differently under different cicumstances. It's like they makers are atoning for the sins of the father... but it's still daddy dearest doing it. I guess it's more just trying to fix and explain what people had a problem with. It doesn't mend the past movies, but it deffinitely made for a better Optimus this time.

It's just Yggdrasil. That's his thing.

It's called not being one-track. At the beginning he was hateful towards humans, but as he spent time with Cade an company, he simmered to merely apathetic, and then came back to thinking they were okay once Cade came to his rescue.

16. PrimeTime85

PrimeTime85 Well-Known Member

I fell in love! :D 

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Just ignore him. He's trolling hard for AOE. For some reason he has a vendetta against Bay and or anyone who liked anything about the movie. Man made some extremely disgusting comments when I told him to stop being so immature.

Prime was epic in this one. Loved how he was finally tired of being unappreciated by the humans. He had good one liners.

18. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Fantastic. Couldn't be happier. His closing monologue was stupid though.

19. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Prime is very much like Captain America. Now imagine Chris Evans doing those lines. Imagine him being so bloodthirsty. Aint gonna work. Baytimus Prime is a bloodthirsty little critter, whereas everywhere else, he only takes a life unless he has no other option.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    No, he's really not.

Also, he's not bloodthirsty. He's angry, and said he wanted revenge, but didn't seek it out. He was actually ready to leave before ever getting the blood he so thirsted for. He just wanted to be off this planet.

I don't know how he got rocket feet but hey I guess once you go airborne you never go back.