What did you DISLIKE about the Galaxy Force cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by thefrozenred, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

By biggest problem was it was too short of a series it was awesome.

3. cybertron2000uk

cybertron2000uk Active Member

LOL Thanks!!! HAhhahah!!!

wow! they did sigma 6?? fantastic!!!

G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 looks alot better!!

4. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

The only thing that ever bothered me was that accept for vanguard's near death and GC's final battle, gonzo never bothered with real battle damage. When they did, it just looked like color changes. The characters were always either A. shiny and pristine or B. charred and black.

5. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the series but I think the overuse of super-powered battle moves was a problem. In fact, the Thundercracker character seemed to spoof it a little bit. I would have liked to have seen more hand to hand combat, more entrenched troops shooting each other, etc. rather than superkiller moves that don't seem to do a whole lot of damage anyway.

That's my next complaint, all these superpowered attacks and hardly anyone shows any damage.

Don't get me wrong. i think this was the best series since Beast Wars. i really enjoyed it and anxiously awaited downloading it every week. I look forward to watching the whole series again without the one week delay between episodes.

Andrew

6. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

The fact it was dubbed so badley into Cybertron!!! :redface2: , the Speedia race went on forever, and the stock animation in general, the Transformations were fine with me :thumbs2:  but when they put the speedia key into the lock it repeated the animation from when they found the omega lock. :peoples: 

7. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I wouldn't have thought to word it like that, but I agree completely. TFs are machines NOT magical ninjas or something. They can't have special powers or combine with eachother unless they're built that way. That's what always bugged me about the Minicon gimmick. These machines have these unlockable weapons that they never knew about. It really hated it in GF when Optimus and Ligerjack or Sonic Bomber would "will" themselves to combine. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!

I would also like to add my name to the list of people that don't like stock footage. It totally drains the energy out of an action scene when they have to shoehorn in animation that we've seen a dozen times already.

I also think that the animation and dialoge was a little too static in the talking scenes. It wasn't as bad as Energon where a TFs whole body would turn as one piece just to face another TF. I think the TFs need to be a little more casual or something when they're just hanging out. Other than the fact that they're giant machines, TFs are just like people. The writers and animators need to remember that. Maybe that's something that the Japanese writers, for cultural reasons, have trouble understanding.

Having said all that, GF was still a much better attempt than the previous few TF series. It may have been flawed, but at least I enjoyed watching this one.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Oh, I forgot something that REALLY got on my nerves:

The stupid black transition screens, where it flashed a rotating Autobot/Decepticon logo, along with that annoying, annoying music. Fine, I get it, it might have been a G1 homage, but not only was the MUSIC annoying as hell, the entire exercise was pointless. It interupted the flow of the story.

At one point, around episode 27 or 28, we have the Autobots trying to invade Starscream's volcano base. Then we have a transition screen to Megatron trying to invade. THREE SECONDS LATER, we have ANOTHER transition screen back to the Autobots. You literally had 2 transition screens in the span of 5 seconds. If that's not just dumb and bad, I don't know WHAT is.

If you want proof that the show would have been fine without the transition screens, look at episode 51, in which they are notably absent. I bet you didn't even realize they were GONE.

9. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    I grew to like that sound effect XD
    from what I've seen, I'll say though I think the "fist thing" is kinda cool, it's way overused! I mean the Prime vs. Scourge and Starscream fights were so lame! all he did was use a cyber key and punch them and theny they blow up. I thought the whole highlight of the Starscream fight was right after Prime an Leobreaker combined and then they just stole on him. I even think they spoofed the cyber key charge sequence when Prime told Megs "Give it a second" (though that was funny)

but even with that, I still think it's the best TF series I've seen yet! (have not seen G1, BW, or RID so leave me alone XD)

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Didn’t manage to see the whole thing all the way through but I safety can say I saw a good 80-85% of it.

First of all I didn’t like the background music in the series, especially the X-files eerie music they played, just sounded weird and did not fit at all.

Transformation sequences. This has already been covered but I found this annoying as well, I can understand doing it for the first 20 or so eps but they should have at the very least cut them down in length later on in the series or in some cases eliminate them entirely.

Characters and character development. Wile I thought the characters were better on this show then Armada or Energon I still thought for the most part they were too 1 and 2 dimensional for my tastes with no real interesting personalities. There wasn’t any character or should I say many characters in the show that I could really feel for or get attached to, nor did I get any sort of emotional attachment to any of the cast. Overall I thought most of the cast was just flat and uninteresting with very few characters showing any interesting qualities or personalities. Not to mention the goofball antics of the Decepticons were just annoying and not humorous for me in any way whatsoever. Not to mention I still don’t see what the human characters in the series contributed to the show especially outside Earth. Anyway, though I though the story in GF was solid and pretty good overall the lack of interesting or dynamic characters was a huge turn off for me. At least the Japanese voice acting cast was pretty good, and unlike the English dub gave the characters some personality.

Another thing I also didn’t like about GF was the whole Soundwave/Noisemaze thing. Not only did Soundwave get screwed in screen time, but the whole planet X thing I found was a big bust that didn’t really go anywhere in the final analysis in terms of the overall story.

Finally I have to say the length of the series was a big turn off for me. I really thought GF dragged on for way too long and could have really tightened this series up and cut it down to maybe 26-32 episodes which I think would have worked much better. Overall there was just too much filler in the show and the story could have benefited greatly from a tighter episodes count. I also thought it suffered a bit from the DBZ syndrome as there’s just parts in the show that just seem to go on and on and on for such a long time.

11. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I was thinking about this the other day. Us oldtimers have fond memories of many characters from G1. Many of us, along with the next younger generation, have fond memories of characters from BW too. Which characters from these newer shows are going to be fondly remembered in years to come? I could be wrong, but I doubt that the kids who like these shows now will fondly remeber any of these characters later on.

It just now occurs to me what might help. It's been brought up many times before, but a show that is more episodic would probably be the best way to create more memorable characters. A show can still have an overall story by the end of the series, but in the begining the show should be mostly stand alone episodes. The show is still going to need good writers, however, who can come up with something new and interesting every episode.