what cybertronians do you want in tf5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomeist guy, Sep 8, 2014.

?

what cybertronians do you want 4 tf5

Poll closed Sep 15, 2014.
  1. thundercracker

18.8%
  2. prowl

34.4%
  3. combaticons

18.8%
  4. rodimus prime/hot rod

34.4%
  5. ultra magnus

40.6%
  6. cyclonus

40.6%
  7. smokescreen

12.5%
  8. warpath

15.6%
  9. omega supreme

15.6%
  10. arielbots

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomeist guy

awesomeist guy the one REAL prime

News Credits:
    a while back I did a number of polls for the individual factions and the individual seasons (autobots from season 1) and I thought I would put the winners in an new poll so get voting

2. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I voted Ultra Magnus but I want Cyclonus too(and the others haha)

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cyclonus, sixshot, snowcat demolishor, perceptor, override

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    You do realize that even if guys get those names and are in the films, they're more likely than not going to be absolutely nothing like the characters who normally hold those names, right?

5. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Warpath and Combaticons from the list, if they can be worked into the story with legitimate explanations. I do really want Sixshot, though. Maybe it could be revealed that he is a new kind of Cybertronian; one with six forms that the Creators are testing.

I do agree that they could be different (and most likely will if they're included), but change happens. I mean, there's no rule that they have to be exactly like their other incarnations.

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The Arielbots. Because THE LITTLE MERMAID was awesome.

7. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Thundercraker: With Armada SS's personality. I like blue.
    Cyclonus: Licks Galvatron's arse all the time.
    Prowl: Everyone likes him, I have no reason, just 'why not?' Dare I say why not?
    Warpath: Could be the only character Bay would push for Kruger to draw out. BAM POW!
    Ultra Magnus: Rodimus? Give Magnus the chance to be Matrix worthy for once, eh?
    Aerialbots: Planes.
    Combaticons: More planes, with tanks, trucks and stuff!

So be it. Transformers is a franchise subject to change, it's in the name right? Armada Starscream was nothing like G1 Starscream, RID Scourge wasn't like G1 Scourge. There's no rule saying that 'so and so should always be like this'.
    People will obviously get upset because they didn't get what they want.

8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I agree 'till the Magnus part.He has the qualities of a leader but he doesn't have the touch;) 

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Of the choices I gotta go with Cyclonus...

10. awesomeist guy

awesomeist guy the one REAL prime

News Credits:
    demolishor was in ROTF

11. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    He means the Demolishor from Armada, who started as a tank and became a big green dump truck in Energon.

Snowcat though? Interesting choice...

12. Dillatron

Dillatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't we have a thread for all of this?

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    But if people are voting with the full knowledge that the character bearing the name will be different, then what's the point of voting for one over another? How can the difference between names like "Hound" and "Bulkhead" be explained without referring to any incarnations of those characters? Or trying to summarize Optimus Prime without ever mentioning him as the leader of the Autobots OR what he turns into?

You only prove my point. You want Thundercracker to be like Armada Starscream, you want the yesman version of G1 Cyclonus, you want the Prowl everybody likes (as opposed to the strategic dick he's been in the comics lately), you want G1 Warpath to have his verbal tics, you want UM or Rodimus because they're leader figures, you want the Aerialbots because they turn into planes (which does not necessarily mean you actually specifically want the aerialbots as they aren't the only Autobot jets), and you want combaticons...for the same reason why AoE needed more Decepticons period.

See? Every single reason you give defines what you expect of the name in some way, by defining it by an aspect other than the name by itself wether it be a previous incarnation or a simple trait or outright physical alt. form. It's these reasons I'm trying to explain are why people's choices ARE for characters they know, not the names alone. I never said characters using the same name aren't the same across incarnations, because that's what I was saying in the first place as why people are voting for the very things that can be subject to change.

And another example as shown above. Same name, two completely different characters.

14. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:

I was never against your point to begin with? No I don't want anything from the name of a character.

15. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    Erector.

16. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

I'd like to see Smokescreen, Perceptor, Warpath, Arielbots and Prowl. Cyclonus, Thundercracker and Skywarp too. And maybe the Stunticons.

I still really wish we'd gotten Sunstreaker before Sideswipe disappeared from the movieverse never to be heard from again...would have enjoyed seeing the twins kick major butt together.

17. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

Ultra Magnus should be a no-brainer. With Optimus Prime off Earth, it makes sense that Ultra Magnus might show up and take charge (and likely have to attempt to reel in the likes of Crosshairs and Hound, who may not be too appreciative of the change of boss).

Cyclonus would make an excellent villain, likely a secondary one to Galvatron. He doesn't even need to have an origin like the one he had in the '86 movie, he could simply be some kind of Decepticon big-wig who shows up on Earth and is surprised to see his boss in a new body.

Scourge could be Cyclonus' best buddy, and the Sweeps would make excellent fodder for the good guys to fight and kill, because in every action movie you need nameless goons for the good guys to slaughter and look good while doing so.

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

There is little chance anyone is going to end up anything like they were in G1. Because of this, I voted for Aerialbots as that's a group, not a character. Just don't make them combiners. Giants always end up being pointless and a waste of expensive CGI in these films.

19. Sparkykandy

Sparkykandy Well-Known Member

Would like to see Hot Rod/Rodimus become relevant outside the comics again. Ultra Magnus would be nice too.

20. FrankTheFroggy

FrankTheFroggy Do you even lift?

Bruticus and Cyclonus all the way! And Soundblaster should be a troop that is created by Galvarron/ KSI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.