What could Megatron's motivation be for destroying humans/Earth

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OP84, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He feels they are inferior, but won't bow down to him. He must demonstrate his power and will to control them until the succumb.

2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    For the movieverse, Megatron was built/created for tyranny or the evil in the Fallens actions made him this way after reading about him in an abandoned file in the Iacon archives He wants nothing more than ultimate power, to rule Cybertron and the universe. He wants to tap Earth of all its oil, coal, gas and solar energy for Energon to replenish the Allspark for another umpteen amount of years to give life to his ever ongoing Decepticon army.

3. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it was a joke

4. NoahOfTheBoro

NoahOfTheBoro Is A Turtle

News Credits:
    Well, In my opinion Megatron was originally an Autobot who used to visit other planets to make some allies. But in one mission, he was almost killed by Organic creatures, so that led him to believe that all organic races shouldn't be trusted and that it would be better if all organics would be killed.

5. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    His reason changed every film. His master plan? Ask Krueger

6. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Why thank you.

For a minute there I forgot about the fictional character and I was like "When the hell did that happen?"

7. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he's insane

8. hup2thepenguin

hup2thepenguin Beagle.in.red

I don't think it's the humans he's after. They're just there at the wrong place and wrong time. He's usually after the AllSpark, the Matrix, saving Cybertron. I don't think it was until AOE that he outright targeted humans with the seed, but then again, even the Autobots hated humans at that point.

9. George Kenyoz

George Kenyoz Megatron did nothing wrong

He believes that while humans are smart enough to design such crazy crap, they are not smart enough to do it without harming their planets ecosystem, and that behavior is praised. So he's decided that they must be stopped before Earth suffers the same tragic fate of Cybertron.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But wasn't it Megatron that caused Cybertron to die in the first place?

In fact it seems like a war-mongering, technological marvel with a willful disregard for life in any state is the last person who should be criticising humanity for our lack of ecological sensitivity.

11. George Kenyoz

It was the war that caused Cybertron to die

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

For a reboot, very simple: the war completely destroyed their world, they need a new one, ours is the only one within their reach that can sustain them, and to hell with any little pink squishies who try to stop him.
    Kind of like most modern depictions of General Zod - it's all about the survival of what's left of his race, and if another species has to die for that to happen, well, then, tough s***. That said, I could see Optimus' repeated tendency to rout him becoming an obsessive thing for him.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  13. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Because Megatron simply considers humans as pests and inferior species. More hatred towards them as humans are in his way and work with autobots.

Other than that, he only cares for Cybertron and Cybertronians.

14. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Old thread, but one that I welcome.
    Honestly, I don't like Megatron or the cons in general to be evil for the sake of being evil. I would prefer for Megatron to not necessarily hate the Earth itself, but rather that he sees humanity as the worst of what any society can be and so he has no problems destroying humanity if it means reaping the planet's resources to rebuild Cybertron. This of course suggests a deeper history as to why there was a war to begin with and how everything carried out, but that's a story for another post.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Perhaps much like the alien beings in Lovecraft fiction, he just doesn't care about us. He'll do what he wants and if these bugs dare get in his way, he'll simply crush them.

I see him as being someone who doesn't even think organic life is natural / possible and that it's just some disgusting mutation that is barely sentient. A pure technoist, machine life is the only life that matters to him. There was a quote in Transformers: Devastation that I really liked that came from Megs:

"Flesh isn't life. Servos, gyros and fuel--this is where life comes from! You're defending--bi-product--at best! I will restore Cybertron and retake the galaxy!"

He wants Cybertron to be restored so he can then turn it into the biggest and most powerful war-world / dreadnought the galaxy has ever seen, the crown jewel of his empire. If he needs to bleed Earth for resources, he'll do so, if he needs to crush the armies that would try to stop him, he definitely will.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Toa Hahli - 8914

Why he wants to destroy earth? The same reason he dislikes Optimus. He did it "just because."

The movies never explained who are the decepticons and what is Optimus and Megatron problem. I guess they been fighting for so long they forgot why they are fighting in the first place.

17. George Kenyoz

Why doesn't he just invade Saturn's moon Titan? It has 100 times more oil than Earth, and it also doesn't have billions of intelligent monkeys with nuclear weapons, which would also make for terrible slaves

18. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Here is my plot

Megatron goes to earth because it was a planet that one of his contacts gone missing on this contact had important information to help him win the war.

Upon landing on earth Megatron discovers that he is not the first of his kind to come to this planet. He finds out that his people have been captured every time they land on earth and they are tortured by area 51.
    So Megatron wants to free his people and take revenge for those who have been tortured in the name of science. Optimus, of course, sees the good in humans but Megatron will view all the humans the same as the ones from area 51.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

5 years late, yo.

20. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

There needs to be a macguffin. There's nothing inherently special about Earth, so there needs to be something unearthly to make him interested in Earth, but keep it to one main one, not running through a new one each movie. Movies used the Allspark, the...pyramid sun-sucker thing/Matrix, those teleporter moon things, Unicron or whatever. Bay ran through the macguffins pretty shamelessly (and thoughtlessly), and it got pretty lame pretty quick.

So ideally there'd be one big macguffin (like Ferrotaxis or something big and worthwhile), and there'd be reasons to stay on Earth beyond new macguffin du jours for the sequels.

Megatron shouldn't harbor some special hatred for humans, we're beneath him. We're just annoyances, slave labor, and things to kill to get under Prime's skin.