What could Megatron's motivation be for destroying humans/Earth

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OP84, Jul 15, 2014.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the current films or any past continuity. But if you were in charge of creating a TF reboot, why would Megatron be upset with humans to the point that he has no problem killing them and/or destroying the planet.

2. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Because he's Megatron and he's evil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Wants to suck it dry with energon mining.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Taping the world's natural resources for Energon and using humanity as his slaves. I know, so very geewun of me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I think if you presented Megatron in the way he is presented in Megatron Origin and Exodus, it'd be hard to do the whole "him using humanity as slaves" thing because it would make him a hipocrite.

6. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    he's gotten to that point in the war where he has tunnel vision and his main goal is kill optimus and deal with anything that gets in the way. naturally humans get in the way often enough to be a notable hatred of his.

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Why would he want to kill Optimus?

8. smkspy

Megatron has never cared for anyone other than Cybertronians. Yes, it's hypocrisy, but that's an especially common trait in villains, especially so-called "revolutionaries."

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    Racism.

• Like Like x 1
  10. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Megatron always seemed to kill humans just as sort of a dick-showing thing. Like, I'm a genocidal alien robot. I can slaughter this species just for the hell of it, and there's nothing they can do about it. I actually kinda liked this-I like when Decepticons are more indifferent to humans. Like, you'll squash an anthill just to do it, because those ants mean nothing to you-with as high a pedestal as us humans put ourselves on, for them to put us in our place is pretty jarring.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout The Undefeated of the East

News Credits:
    Megatron hates humans.

Really, that's basically the simplest part of his character.

• Like Like x 4
  12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Bad guys don't need motivation. They just cause trouble for the sake of plot

13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this point, to get back at Optimus for destroying the Pillars.

14. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

In my mind, lower class Cybertronians were built en masse (the various mental and bodily issues most Decepticons face as described by their Tech Specs would come from having their Spark shoved into a body that wasn't made specifically for it), and worked for rations. On the brink of burnout from being overworked and under fueled, Miner D-17 took up illegal gladiatorial fighting. Finding a natural talent for killing, he became the most famous fighter in the ring, and began getting billed as "Megatron".

Megatron was massive, but not the biggest robot in the pits. But he used his great wit to outmatch his larger opponents. And it was in this that he formed his ideology; the strongest shall rule. But there is more than one type of strength. It is who is stronger in their entirety who should lead. Who should be dominant. Who should take what he wants.

This is the foundation of Decepticon philosophy. "You can have anything. If you're strong enough to take it."

The reason why they start looking outward is because it becomes clear that Cybertron, after so many years of the ensuing conflict with the Autobots, is not self sustainable. This is why they begin to look outward for resources, planning to turn Cybertron into an engine of war to exterminate other planets and steal their resources.

But Megatron's views are secretly even more damaged than that. He detests weakness, and thinks those he views as weak should be punished. So he secretly wishes to not only steal resources from other worlds, but to enslave their populace and force them to strip mine their own planet.

That's the fanon I've been running with for like, forever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He wants to show the world that "baby i'm back!"

16. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Kay it might be because I'm high as a fucking kite, but that entire thing just blew my fucking mind you deserve like 50 of these guys -->:bay 

17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you like on a plane or something?

18. smkspy

Are you asking that as a legitimate question?

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Earth is actually Primus and Megatron plans on destroying it to enable Unicron to take over the universe....

Seriously though - he has no reason to focus on Earth anymore. Granted he's evil and stuff - but he's been beaten four times now so why doesn't he just leave and conquer elsewhere?

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

He's a lot like his G1 counterpart in that, no matter how many times you beat him, or even kill him, he'll always come back with another dastardly scheme. Sure, from our point of view it's illogical that he keeps trying to fuck with the Autobots despite their victories, but to him, he's always got that hope that maybe, just maybe, his next plan will be the one that kills them all and brings triumph.

Galvatron's just a persistent dude. You have to admire his ability to maintain his eagerness to destroy his enemies despite the last time resulting in his head and spine being torn out :lol