What bugs you the most about DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by StarMaximus, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This X This = This.

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Something that bugs me is how forced the major Decepticon deaths seemed, like they were killed just because they had to and not to advance the plot. I know, I know, final movie means hey had to die, that's not the issue. It's just they killed them all one by one within a half hour or so, like they had a checklist to fulfill.

Shockwave disappearing for a good hour or so, despite being trumped up as a big bad, was just maddening. He doesn't need to be the big bad, but we should've seen him doing something every now and then.

Megatron being introduced as being broken, beaten, but not yet defeated was an interesting angle, but made completely awkward when he whips out a ridiculously convulted master plan and full scale invasion in the works for several decades. I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive, but just strange.

While I don't really care if things follow "G1" (or character archetype used in every other continuity), I really wish Starscream stabbed Megatron in the back. I mean, F-22s attacked Megatron in TF1, Starscreams IS an F-22, Starscream traditionally would take any opportunity to knock Megs down a peg, Screamer actually takes command of the Cons before RotF, AND his dialogue to Megs was utterly drenched in sarcasm. So much potential, but nothing came out of it.

....well, I wrote more than I thought I would.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Glad to hear that you are an enthusiastic Transformers fan, StarMaximus. :)  Split Lip and Rayzilla Prime basically summed up what I was going to say. Only they did it much better than I could. These "issues" of yours aren't really "issues", simply things based on misunderstanding of concepts in the movie.

(P.S., Rayzilla, what was your "nitpick" regarding Sentinel's and Optimus' exchange overlooking the horizon? Just out of curiosity. :) )

1.) *See SL and RP's comments.
    2.) Those ships and fleets came from the moon. You know, during that whole "Decepticon army with ships and fleets emerges from the moon" sequence? They were hidden there as part of Sentinel's master plan. And who says that Shockwave built the Driller? I own an SUV. Doesn't mean I built it.
    3.) Megatron was a kind of Megatron that we hadn't seen before. A washed up, at-the-end-of-his-rope character. I'm sure Bay would've been criticized for having Megatron just be the usual "one-'Con army bent on world domination bowing to no body"-kind of guy. Can't win. Out of character for most Megatrons? Yes. He was still very Megatron-y in my opinion. But hey, I give Bay props for doing it this way too.
    4.) Sentinel Prime's out of character from what? The G1 Sentinel Prime? Or the Animated Sentinel Prime? Three different versions of the character all doing three different things. You can't be out of character when you are the character. His character was almost undeniably the best thing about DotM, if not the entire franchise.
    5.) *See SL's comments.

4. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

This.

5. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Thank you! BluRayHiDef :thumb 
    It's not like they were just sitting around drinking energon
    they were Killing People and Autobots, Optimus was defending the other
    Autobots and Humans and Nest soldiers, Let Me quote another Honorable
    warrior From the Lord of the Rings Aragorn "Show no Mercy for you shall receive none"
    I see nothing wrong With Optimus Fighting and Killing for what he Believes,
    The freedom of All sentient beings and For Earth their Home :) 

And No Nothing Bugs Me :D 

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    What bugged me msot about it?

Topspin never spoke with all his Fagerbakke-goodness, and THOSE. DAMN. NAMES.

7. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I wanted it to be longer (same goes for Optimus's closing speech). Maybe I shoulda worded myself differently in my post. ^^;

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    errrr What?

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    What bugs me most about DOTM? Threads like this.

10. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    The whole movie!

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

:horse: 

12. autodrift

autodrift Well-Known Member

the fact the toyline is lame as hell, movie toys suck, have since the begining, never understood how people got into them, there is a few that are ok but all in all very weak when compared to CHUG.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

This is about just the MOVIE,not the toys

14. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

* Ironhide's death and how it was handled. Lack of mention/fallout makes it more about shock value and less about meaning. Bay intended to use it to add to his "dark and serious" movie - but just because you intend something doesn't mean you succeed. Without any emotion or respect behind it, it fails.

* Shockwave being a red herring for Sentinel wasn't a bad idea, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been a better villain in his own right.

* The driller. Tons of money to render that could have been spent on more Transformers scenes. It costs money to use the TFs more? Yeah, but if Bay hadn't spent so much money on things like Devastator and the driller, more money could have been had for the actual characters.

* All the time spent on Sam looking for a job. The movie could have opened with him working at NEST. And it would have given us more time with the Autobots.

* The parents should have been cut - the fact that their last scene occurs immediately after Sentinel's betrayal and Ironhide's murder and then you don't see them at all again? Pointless and atrocious editing.

* "Deep" Wang was the ROTF style humor that Bay said didn't exist in this movie.

* Megatron and Prime's supposed last fight in this series and it lasts ten seconds. The ending is also way too abrupt for what's supposed to be a finale.

* Carly and Sam's "true love". It doesn't fit within the trilogy as a whole and I didn't buy it.

15. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Mine are pretty much what others have already mentioned.

The main one being no mention of Ironhide after his death, probably because it is such an obvious and easy thing to include, hell even 1 single line would have been better than none, but no, he got nothing.

16. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Basically how the film has a wafer thin plot and characters so flat they make Paper Mario look three dimensional by comparison :ev: 

17. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

The ludicrous and over-the-top silly behavior of the human characters. Some humor is OK, but they were ALL goofy, and in many cases lowest-common-denominator goofy.

The lack of any substantive dialogue and character development from the 'bots. Most of them weren't really characters of any substance, just big machines to blow things up and be blown up.

Action that become tiring and ultimately boring.

18. RAVAGEversion1

RAVAGEversion1 Well-Known Member

Why do people not spell check their posts when starting a thread? It gives me a headache just reading this one, just like many others.

19. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's inaccurate. Depressed in some corner? More like happy. His lines, and I quote, "Cybertron... you are saved... at last."

Furthermore what was said during the exchange with Carly. And I quote again...

Carly: "Was it all worth it?"

Megatron: "Obviously..."

She just came in and fucked with his content on the situation. I think he was very in character. Millions of years at war, it will exhaust someone. Megatron was no exception. Granted the novel highlighted it better, but there is something called body language that the movie did right. I know I'm a broken record by this point, but it's still a valid arguement.

20. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    1) Wang
    2) Wang
    3)F&*&^%% WANG

Anyway.

The same problems I had with ALL three.

Lack of chatting between bots, Sams parents, Sam always yelling, Really lame humor, and needless human character scenes (Wang/Sams Boss/Russian scene)