What are your thoughts on Siege Micromasters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skreeonk, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I've bought them all because I'm OCD about WFC lol*, but fuck they are overpriced trash. Limbs pop off and are never right again without a fix, they often don't tab properly either way, and the prices are so bad they now get lumped with other items to justify the insane mark-up on value to plastic.

The cars are especially shite and anything that's a truck will have the worst arms/sides and wheels this side of a vending machine toy.

* I think the first set was the cassettes, essential in my view for Soundwave, even though that Ravage is having a fucking laugh... After that it was the Con jets for sword mode, then I realised I'd want other vehicles for Omega Supreme... At that point I realised I might as well buy the whole Siege line I was so far in!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm cool with them, they fill a base mode nice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are my favourite figures from siege
    54A22C4E-4D71-456B-B24D-23C4D2D9E8A7.jpeg
    CDBF0762-535A-45EE-B337-8AC9DB3C9A9D.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  4. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I think they're pretty neat, they seem to remind me of the Unicron Trilogy days with the minicons. Heck they are basically the spiritual successor to some of the Armada Teams that form weapons, and that's an added plus for me, since the molds can pull out both a singular weapon mode and a combined weapon mode, kinda hoping they could produce something akin to Tiny Tins or better yet Microtrailers. Heck, If they sell micromasters in a blind-bag fashion with those Microtrailers, i'd be up for that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. quiktake

quiktake Well-Known Member

I like them and have them except for the reprints. I owned a lot the G1s and have a bunch of mini cons from Armada as well. As toys though, they are too fragile. But it is nice to have pocket sized transformers again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I grew up G1, but I usually prefer newer versions of those old character because let’s face it, a lot of the original G1 toys were pretty awful compared to what we can get now.

However... the new Micromasters are pretty awful compared to their G1 predecessors. While it’s true that they have more articulation, it’s also true that extra articulation is worthless if the thing constantly falls apart at the ball joints.

I was fine with getting the Siege Micromasters for characters I didn’t have as a kid, but I caved and got the Autobot and Decepticon cars. I instantly regretted it, because they are among the worst ones. The worst one of all was Ricon from the 10-pack... it’s a Dollar Tree abomination.

As a point of contrast, though, I was pleasantly surprised by how well done Direct Hit and Power Punch were. I handled someone else’s and immediately bought a set for myself, even though I have the originals (it’s super difficult to get G1 Direct Hit’s head to come up, so the Siege version is an improvement.)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Yeah if they can get the quality up to the level of the Battle Squad and second cassettes (I only have the second cant comment on quality of the first) with the rest of the MMs then we will be good. I recently got the Rescue patrol and the other 2 I just mentioned and seeing the quality of the first with the later groups it’s not surprising many people don’t like the MMs. Holi (or w/e his American name is) falls apart so easily while Direct Hit is tight and.

So I guess they are getting better.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    You mean if Warden hadn't decided to half-ass it and reduce teams to two singles or one combiner...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I
    Thanks for reminding me, I need to get Holi for my chug victory stuff (Litterly him and liokiesr)

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That was to fit a specific price point. I’m saying there should be two price points of Micromasters.

11. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I wasn't convinced at first. But after getting some at sale I must say they're actually quite fun. Love the 10 pack and the rescue patrol. Looking forward to more. Especially with the bases on the way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Area51

Area51 Member

If we're being honest, there's two main "functions" of Transformers: playing and displaying. In my opinion, these figures underachieve in both areas. I check the playability part with my 5 year old son (He's already transforming Masterpieces) and he doesnt use them for playing a lot because - and that's something even a kid realizes- they are very simplish and don't scale with anything right. They wouldnt realistically even hold fort in a fight with a legion class figure.

I never understood the idea of downsizing known characters to microsize (see the prime masters).... they lack shelf presence and look awkward next to MP or Leaders... I got the joke with headmasters and weaponmasters. They really add to playability. But all that other stuff....there's a few interesting characters that are Support to be "small" (Minimus Ambus), that I like... but I dont sense a lot of thought and love ever went into these micromasters characters...and we'd rather need a deluxe sized Rung!

As far as the basemode-argument goes... seriously, who's actually "playing" with these toys on Bases? Most baseformers stay in robot mode most of the time... who transforms Omega to Base Mode in a 15 minutes operation and then really interacts with Micro masters on it? I could well live without all these tiny TF toys, as they are overprized and uninspiring to me, but I guess that's just me...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Siege Fan

I totally agree with most of what you're saying, but anyone who even owns one set of Micromasters will now be looking at that base mode anew. In my case it's cos I had Powermaster Prime and Scorponok as a kid, so it was perfectly natural to keep transforming those. In fact I could honestly see me buying two Scorps if the bot mode is impressive enough. And I expect it to be, but the base mode fascinates me cos I wonder how much it'll adhere to the original and/or deviate to support the Micromasters and whoever else.

The big issue for most is space for it all of course!

And yes, give me a deluxe Rung! I wonder if that could be retooled to make it viable for Hasbro...

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Truth be told id rather have Legends back. The teams being incomplete bugs my OCD about having sets done, and since they really arent any better than the originals id rather their price point be used for something else... throw the Skyscorchers, Accelerators and Cyberjets into Legends and id be much happier with the $10-12 purchase

• Like Like x 4
  15. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

Wish they all had a lot of articulation like Storm Cloud!!! (Can’t post links cause I’m new).

54352935-0FE1-4A6D-A915-22822C1F05D4.png

5DE22FB6-CACF-4FD5-82B8-30A82D4ECDC3.png

• Like Like x 5
  16. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Siege Fan

Yup, it's really noticeable how much fun those two are compared to the cars etc. Especially when placed on Omega Supreme with a whole scene going on lol

There's no reason they all can't have that articulation for the price. They'd sell many more of them if they did!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sixwing

Sixwing Nervous Movor

I think they're probably the best of the ones I have, although Flak is great.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Some of the ones that have the Crane attachment, have a hard time keeping attached.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

What makes them so good in your opinion?
    so would i