What are your thoughts on Siege Micromasters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skreeonk, Feb 19, 2019.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They're fine for what they are, but all they are are just Micromasters. There's not much else to say, you either love little tiny Transformers or you don't.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I like them but wish the ball jointed limbs weren't prone to popping off

• Like Like x 4
  3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I love Micromasters but when it comes to the Siege versions, I do have some concerns. First, they are very hit and miss. The Decepticon jets are fantastic, the Autobot tanks are decent enough, but the cars are a letdown. Speaking of that latter set, it's pretty bad when the older G1 versions produced a better Roadhandler and Swindler than the new ones. At least the older ones had more range of motion despite having swivel shoulders (Swindler) and the legs didnt constantly pop off. Other problem I have is forcing them to have a weapon mode. While it does work pretty good for the jets and tanks, the car team's weapon mode is...meh.

However, the biggest problem I have with the new Micromasters is how they completely took over the Legends size class. Over the past couple of years, we have had some pretty decent legends class figures at the $10US price point but I think completely changing the focus to Micromasters was a mistake. While I don't mind some new Micromasters (if done right), I would have rather seen them have equal focus Micromasters AND Legends class single figures. There are still some minibot and other smaller characters that still need a better update like Cliffjumper, Hubcap, a better Huffer/Pipes, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah they should just mix them into the $5-6 assortments and sell them individually. Price comes out the same. Then bring the legends back.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Honestly, this is my biggest gripe here. Getting each pack feels like an experience in incompleteness, and that's one I'm NOT fond of having as a collector (I typically collect in sets or lines; rarely with any sort of randomness). At this point, I feel like we at least need the other 2 figures from each team created so far.

Other than that, I really like them. $5 each is a bit much though. Set of four should be like $15-17 or something.

6. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd rather have complete teams as well.
    The Tank and Jet playsets would be cool.

Whirl likes Micromasters.

IMG_20190213_192701.jpg IMG_20190213_192718.jpg IMG_20190213_192732.jpg IMG_20190213_192752.jpg IMG_20190213_192824.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I was sooo stoked when the pre-Siege leaks revealed the second coming of Micromasters. But as SDCC 2018 played out, that stokitude quickly turned into disappointment, as we learned that half of each featured "patrol" had been Thanos-snapped out of existence for the line. While that disappointment would turn into excitement literally later the same week, as Siege featured another of my obsessions(unified scale), I forgave Siege for not wholeheartedly delivering my precious Micromasters in full-force.

And to top it off, later on, it dawned on me. The same thing happened at least twice before in Generations! Yes, with FoC Bruticus and T30 Brainstorm. Those were released, giving us a taste of mid-to-late-'80s gimmicks, and were pretty popular for what they offered at the time. When Hasbro realized their opularity, they went balls-deep on two whole lines featuring properly updated Combiner and Headmaster gimmicks!

Now, I'm not saying that I think that Hasbro certainly will give us an entire Micromaster-themed line down the road. But i do think it's a possibility.

So for now, I shall enjoy Siege's Micromasters. =D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The jets are cool, but the cars are inferior to the 80s versions, although they are slightly better articulated.

9. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

Chances are, the remaining team members might (or might not) be released in the next two lines after Siege. Plus, there are more Micromaster teams out there who may not even see updated forms.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  10. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    My ranking of the Micromasters so far:

3. Racetrack Patrol 20190113_012536.jpg

2. Combat Patrol 20190114_232639.jpg

1. Airstrike Patrol
    20190208_023405.jpg

I find the Siege Micromasters a bit underwhelming. The Decepticon Airstrike Patrol are the best of the lot, while the Racetrack Patrol is probably my least favorite so far because their combined weapon mode looks dreadful. They are decent figures and vehicles for their size when separated, and tolerable as two separate weapons. The Combat Patrol is is little more interesting, but their weapon mode doesn't stay together at all. I do like that they have the Micromasters a way to interact with the larger figures, but the execution is very hit-or-miss.

Have gotten the Wave 2 ones yet, but I'll probably give them a chance.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    As I’ve gotten all the minibots from season 1-3 via hasbro and 3p I’m fairly content to let the legends class be replaced by micromasters (I’m only really missing the throttlebots minus chase/roadburn and goldbug). I hope the micromasters continue through the trilogy if for no other reason than to get the rest of the cassettes and cassettes for blaster provided he gets a release during the trilogy

• Like Like x 1
  12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As an avid lover of G1 Micromasters, I find the Siege Micros underwhelming. They're too small to add any useful articulation and are marginal improvements over their G1 selves. I'd prefer to have them updated in the Legends size class (especially Stakeout) but I'll take what we're getting.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I enjoy the Micromasters. However not getting full teams is frustrating. Weapon modes are garbage. The legends class was better. With hasbro’s inability to provide interesting toys in anything larger than voyager, they should have crammed as much as they could into this packages and tried to complete that line.

14. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

The weapon mode gimmick is plain stupidity and whoever thought about the implementation should be executed in the town square after been publicly humiliated.

With that out of the way, the Decepticon ones are really really really great. The Autobot ones are decent.

Overall they are the only toys that generated interest for me in the last decade outside MPs.

15. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    They could also do the Micromaster Combiners in the next line since they already come in 2-packs!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like them, but £10 is far too much for only 2, if they were three like the minicons used to be it would be reasonable

17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I don't have any strong opinions on them. They're just...there.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You have Armada to thank for that

19. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like them but the line as we know it so far doesn't have nearly enough of them to fill out their sort-of purpose as being either weapons or populating Omega Supreme.

Big a two pack instead of a three pack doesn't help. But more than that there were just a lot of Micromasters and a lot of Minicon sets in Armada. Now, if they continue to make Micromasters through the rest of the trilogy, that'll change, but right now, it's totally sitting around like a kind of tacked-on concept, because they don't know when else they'd ever do them. And that's also true of Battlemasters, aka individually carded Target Masters. That and the blasts they come with are core to the line's gimmick, and at two-per-wave (including redecos), we're not getting a lot of diversity out of it.

It's great they're doing both Micromaster and Targetmasters, but the core problem, at least at this point, is it looks like they're doing half as many as they need to be, at least, for the it to fully flesh out the gimmick.

Also for what it's worth, these Micromasters have have essentially the same engineering, same plastic, same paint, and similar construction as your average Minicon from 17 years ago, and those came in three packs. Hasbro, is that how we artificially create 5% profit growth in the era of otherwise flat or negative market growth?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It’s inflation among other things
    C39C86EE-CC9C-4484-9638-DFC365252B96.png
    Labor costs go up, materials costs go up, it’s not an artificial price increase

• Like Like x 1