What are your Purchase/Selling Regrets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Apr 24, 2021.

1. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Got into transformers originally in 2017/2018 before stopping after 10ish figures. Saw SS Jazz at a store and almost bought it but decided not to, probably would have been my last until this year, had I known I’d get back into the hobby I would have probably just picked it up.

2. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I had a pretty decent G1 collection going when I started collecting again in 1995/96. I snagged all of the stuff I had as a kid from my parents house and I kept all of the boxes and foam. All of it. I started with a pretty good collection just from that alone. By 2009 I had a pretty massive G1 set and I was only buying near mint vintage figures. I had a few things that were pretty special to me from my childhood that I was happy I hung on to. In early 2011 I sold it all. I wish I would have kept the ones from my childhood. The ones I played with and touched and made stories in my head with. You can replace them with someone else’s toys and it turns out G1 boxes aren’t as rare as I thought. I regret selling those off. Anything modern, I don’t give a shit about. I have no real memories attached to those and they’re just things to me. At the end of the day that’s what they are. Just things, but things I have an emotional or sentimental feeling about.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Daaarttt

Daaarttt Local Cool Guy

Instagram:
    I lowkey regret selling my AD-12 Revenge Optimus Prime, a movie accurate redeco of HFTD Battle Blades OP, I got that at Universal Studios, very rare, and It could've began a CHUG-scaled collection, but in the end I sold it anyways :( 

But his knees are very shoddy and overall outdated, articulation-wise, but looks-wise, it holds up beautifully...

• Like Like x 1
  4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I agree, but it makes me question what other ways I'm which that money could have been spent. Travel? A down payment on a house? A new car?

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    I do regret not getting the Protectobots from CW, as they were the only main team (other than the Technobots but I don't count that release as the Technobots as too many liberties were taken with them) my lineup is missing. I am hopeful that with the rumors of Legacy redoing the Stuntacons I'll get another crack at them

• Like Like x 2
  6. devjoku

devjoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regret buying? Very easy: Beast Machines Supreme Cheetor. Bought it brand new when it was released and after the first transformation, I hated looking at it. Easily the worst TF I've ever owned and the only figure I have ever thrown away.

Regret selling? Also easy: G1 Fortress Maximus. I was desperate for cash about 17 years ago and I ran out of other options. I sold it complete with box (but no insert) for only about $400:( . It was the only figure I ever sold and even though I have Brave Max and the Encore release now, there is no replacement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish i'd ordered 4 Centurions instead of just 2 - though I don't think that was logisitically possible though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. G1 Milo

G1 Milo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can't count the number of times I added Greenlight to my shopping cart but never pulled the trigger. Now I have Novastar, Lancer and Moonracer. Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

i regret not buying kingdom megatron and the JP collaborative figures. however i do regret wasting my money on the studio series roadbuster

10. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I regret preordering Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus. I found the toy to have awkward poseability and its inability to properly hold it's accessories was annoying. I don't think I would've minded if I had gotten it on sale though

• Like Like x 3
  11. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Thankfully I bought a ton of them when they were super cheap years ago. Pretty sure I still have a good majority of them. Definitely collected most of the basic figures.

• Like Like x 1