What are your Purchase/Selling Regrets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Apr 24, 2021.

1. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the same way with the God Bomber I got on ebay from that set. I combined it with my "Magnus Prime" and while it looks good, it has to remain a statue.

Felt the same way about the Dai Atlas set. Spent a lot of $$ on characters that look awesome, but I have zero attachment and figures aren't really good.

Originally passed on Star Convoy, because of those experiences, but got him later on as an "accesory" to Super Megs. That figure I'm 100% happy with.

Edit: Have to half include the Takara Seacons. I'm moderately happy to have 'em, but I spent way too much on them for a glorified PotP Combiner.

2. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I love they made Impactor and Barricade as honorary G1 characters. No regrets on those purchases.

Yeah, I was on toy collecting break for years and none of the previous lines looked as good as the recent stuff. The lines were so random and didn’t cover as many favorites. I feel like by waiting I was able to get the best out of Titan Returns, Unite Warriors and WFC.

I spent waaaaay to much on Seacons. I could have waited when Pulse had them back up. I love having them.

I like the Big Powered set. those guys are obscure but I love the look of the JG1 characters. Star Convoy is worth is if you have Super Megatron which might be the best Megatron figure I own.

3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    impactor was a G1 character since G1 though...

4. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I meant the cartoon/original toyline, but yeah he counts as a G1.

5. Metro Prime

Metro Prime No sympathy for the self-inflicted

I sold off a NiB Takara Alternators Smokescreen in Die Cast and Blue Metal Flake paint. No 7 on the doors. My lucky number. I regret that sale.

• Like Like x 2
  6. volatus

volatus .

As for a regret, I gave my Netflix Optimus Prime to a friend and he stuck it in a closet instead of displaying it, so it seems kind of lame.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Metro Prime

Metro Prime No sympathy for the self-inflicted

I had a friend like that. Didn't matter what I got him. He treated it like he didn't care after expressing interest. I learned over the years to keep my collecting to myself.

8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I kind of regret buying ALL of my figures in a way. They've cost me so much money, and it makes me wonder what things would be like now if I had all that money back.

• Like Like x 4
  9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Doggone, this one hurts to remember...
    It was my first attempt at selling figures 5-6 years ago and instead of doing them one-by-one, I just brought a big ol' box of them to a local comic store that gave me all of $200 for it all. If I had just waited, done it piecemeal, maybe knew a bit more about buying and selling on the boards here, I would've gotten more for it all.

Incidentally, feel free to check out my sales thread! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Right? Would I have banked it or just spent it on other things? I would like to think I would have banked it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

I sold all my Animated figures when I was in Uni and needed a bit of extra cash. Wish I hadn’t

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I sold my full run of animated too, I dont really regret it though.

I been thinking of unloading my Beast Machines next but the selling prices arent that great

13. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Atm Planet X helios is my purchase regret, idk man, he just isn’t as cool as he was when I got him, also the transformation kinda sucks when it comes to the shoulders.

selling regret: ramjet and dirge, they got for a lot more now and I sold them all in a bundle for 380 with all my seekers

14. Notmarcelo

Notmarcelo Well-Known Member

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-thumb.jpg

I just cancelled my robosen optimus pre order. We'll see if that becomes my first regret.

15. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

Can we go all the way back to Car Robots? I dropped 200$ in Y2K dollars to import Fire Truck Optimus and Chromed-up Ultra Magnus, only to see US releases a few months later at $30 each. The Takara versions were better, but that still still bugged college-age, poor me. I was selling custom figures on eBay at the time to support the habit. Probably took 5 or 6 pieces to cover that import.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Buddy, you were hustling hard for the hobby. No shame in that. You got better versions too.

I think we naturally out grow some parts of this hobby. In the aughts, I was an eBay fiend, buying and selling stuff. I don’t have the energy/motivation for that anymore. But that’s okay. There’s always young players out there that’ll pick up the slack. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spaceman

Spaceman Shaken not Stirred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My major selling regret is selling all my Beast Wars figures. I regret that alot. I pretty much had all the characters from the show. I've looked at the prices to rebuy them and I cry.

18. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I had every Beast Wars toy. Even the rare International releases. I sold most of them off to help pay for my honeymoon. I did keep the show characters though.

I had high hopes for the Kingdom Beast Wars. So far I have been disapointed with all of them.

19. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

My G1 Megatron. I sold it when I sold off almost everything I own to pay for a new roof on my home and while the new roof is wonderful, I miss my figure. It had sentimental value as my wife got it for me when my old one broke. That figure is so expensive now I'll never have another one so yeah, huge selling regret.

20. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Money means shit to me as money. I like to live, not hoard wealth.