What are your Purchase/Selling Regrets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Apr 24, 2021.

1. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Purchase Regrets:

-Takara Siege Release Nemesis Prime - I do like the paint slightly better on this release. But I do regret getting this release for $90 after finding out the Earthrise Spoiler Pack also had Nemesis Prime for $30 cheaper and had a trailer and additional battlemaster to boot.

-TF: Prime "First Edition" Optimus Prime - I bought him for $100 from a Canadian ebay seller. Right before this, Hasbro US announced they had discontinued the First Edition line in the US because they erroneously believed sales were doing poorly when TRU US wasn't even stocking the voyagers or the 2 pack. If I had known fan outcry would have led to them eventually being released here in the US afterall, I would have waited.

-Every single Kre-O set I ever bought...'nuff said.

Selling Regrets:

- My Alternators collection - I had the full run sealed but I had to sell them off to help pay a bill. I made enough to pay my bill but I still kind of miss them sitting on my top closet shelf.

-TF: Prime "First Edition" Optimus Prime - I regret paying as much as I did and I also regret having to sell him (again to pay bills). I know Pulse released the Takara release of Megatron and Breakdown/Air Vehicon, so I'm hoping that I might get another chance to rebuy Prime.

-Non-TF related but I regret selling all my 90s MMPR (first release Season 1-3 and The Movie) and Zeo Zords in a garage sell for $80. I don't regret selling them (I was just starting college and was clearing out space and making money for college expenses) but I wish I had looked to other avenues of selling them so I could have made a little more of my money back if not a little more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Regret Buying: Siege Impactor. He's a great figure! But...my collection has become very strict: G1 first episode, animated movie, studio series, combiners, and finally a few rare favorites. Impactor furs nine of those so he's stuck in a box.

Regret Selling: RTS Jazz. Ended up rebuying him for inflated price

• Like Like x 1
  3. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I regret selling my Ehobby Fire Guts Ginrai. Sigh.

4. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Buying the Prime War Unicron team before news of the WFC figures were coming out.

5. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've regretted buying most of the collection I had. I sold it off, so that made me feel a bit better, but I still periodically regret some of the stuff I kept. I haven't run across any regrets for things I've sold, so far, except a comic, which is outside this conversation.

6. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, which comic?

7. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sadly, the death of Gwen Stacey :( 

8. decops

decops Well-Known Member

I regret selling Metroplex. It was during a time I was really burnt out on transformers and wanted everything I could get rid of gone.

9. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Ah ok

10. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

News Credits:
    I always regret not getting specific figures when I have the chance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know I'm gonna regret not getting the Fans Hobby Armada figures but I can't afford them and college

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

X-Spanse the X-Men Crossover TF. The figure felt like it used cheaper plastic and it's engineering made it flimsy and fussy to deal with it. It was hard to tab things into place and I was always worried about stressing the plastic. I quickly sold it. I recognize some folks really like this mold. I wanted to like it but I was very unhappy with it almost as soon as I got it.

13. JockerStudio

JockerStudio Mr.JK

T30 Metroplex. I know it may not be a good toy by current standards, but I didn't have enough budget when it was launched, and I really wanted to get one.

14. breaker2031

breaker2031 Well-Known Member

Jinbao OS KO feral rex. I forgot about that floppy disaster... I need to add him to my list of purchase regrets.

15. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

Generations Selects Soundblaster just came in yesterday and I'm already regretting buying him. He's one of the laziest things I've seen. They packed him in the 35th Soundblaster box, and he's the same figure except for a few paint apps. When I preordered him, I had a whole Mercenary shelf going that he was perfect for. Since then, I've done away with that shelf and grabbed a 35th version from Walmart on clearance.
    I may still keep him, but I'm not sure. He has less weathering on his chest, so if I add a decepticon sticker he could make a good replacement for the 35th.

16. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction. I got it half off from a Target sale online. Opened the box, saw the quality of the finish, returned it immediately.

Regrets: Selling off most of my GI Joe vehicles in the early 2000's when they were basically worthless.

• Like Like x 2
  17. volatus

volatus Aristocratic Airborne Decepticon

I allow Impactor to function as an honorary G1 Cartoon decepticon. The fan vote version looks like a Quintesson product enough that I accept he's a rebelling mining and construction Bulldozer-Robot, long since modified with military armament. That's kind of how War for Cybertron used Impactors and Refraktors, anyhow.

18. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    God Ginrai Legends figure from Takara. I spent a bit for it on ebay but i kind of wish I held off for an eventual redo. God Bomber is flimsy on his own and God Ginrai isn’t much better

• Like Like x 3
  19. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I like the figure (on paper) but he literally can only be posed and never touched. I'll quickly replace him when HasTak does a redo too.

20. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of CHUG prior to combiner wars and half of siege; had I known we'd be getting "better" figures and that I would end up with double/triple/quadruple versions of characters I would have collected MotU classics instead all those years.

• Like Like x 1