What are your pet peeves? Staff Edit: Thread Locked Due To Politics/Constant Clean Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Motherfuckers chewin' gum on the bus and smokin' cigarettes at the bus stop! :mad: 

• Like Like x 5
  2. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

People who harass others because they have no life. Example: A reviewer, from the Philippines, on Fanfiction.net has left nasty reviews to my twin and other authors on there, and even went as far as to reveal another author's personal info like real name, address, email, and phone number. I am concerned because they might target my twin. Might report this little nut to the police down there.

Person has no life, making false accounts, etc. All because they think they can.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Health nuts who mistreat unhealthy people.

Just because you have different standards and rituals from somebody else, that doesn't give you the right to insult and abuse them.

When it comes to how long we spend on this earth, that's a personal choice.

Those people who wish to see 100 will diet and exercise their asses off, and those people who don't care to last that long will sit and eat themselves to death- both sides are rightfully entitled to how they meet their end.

HOWEVER, if you're a health and fitness nut- let's say you go to a party, you see a morbidly obese person there, they try to introduce themselves to you, and you respond with an offensive joke or insulting statement like EW YOU'RE DISGUSTING, GET AWAY FROM ME!- Question:
    What does their health or physique have to do with you?
    What gives you the right to judge them so harshly and mistreat them like that?
    Where do you get off with such authority?

It's like harshly judging somebody for smoking: You might not smoke, it might extremely disgust you, the cancer stats might shock you, and you might find smoking to be a total turnoff- but that doesn't give you the right to harshly judge and mistreat those people who DO smoke. You've made a personal choice to pass on it VS they've made a personal choice to partake- doesn't make either of you better or worse than the other- it's simply a choice.

But I feel like some people draw an extreme line when it comes to things like that- mentalities like:
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH OBESE PEOPLE.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH SMOKERS.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH VAPERS.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH DRINKERS.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH SUGAR AND CAFFIENE USERS.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH RED MEAT EATERS.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH GLUTEN CONSUMERS.
    I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH FLAVORED WATER DRINKERS.

They get so high off their own self-hype that anyone who doesn't share the same values and practices is a steaming pile of dogshit to them, and every time they come across somebody like that: They attack them.

"You shouldn't be drinking that ya know....when was the last time you took a run?.....You smell like an ash tray and you're taking up half the couch- what's your diet consist of- seriously?"

WTF does that have to do with you?
    Where do you get the audacity to judge them like that?
    Who the Hell made you their lifestyle manager?
    LEAVE THEM ALONE.

If you can't say anything nice to them, then don't interact with them- just move the heck along.
    Don't shove your high horse health and fitness knowledge down their throat and use it to criticize them- just mind your own business.

JOKER 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Wearing baseball hats inside if you're male, take that thing off. Especially annoying when it's at the table, now I don't mean going to the grocery store or shopping in general. It's the classroom, someone's home, place of worship, sitting down to eat. Granted I was raised not to and if I did it was taken away promptly. And it was only allowed if I'd been told that it was, not assumed or because "everyone else is".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    ...why? it's a hat.

6. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When people smoke right besides you

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Because it shows disrespect to those around you, again this is just how I was raised and that was old school. Your mileage may vary.

• Like Like x 2
  8. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Early 20th century etiquette, which as well all know, doesn't actually make any sense.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

A peeve of mine is when someone, especially someone you consider a friend owes you money and you have to constantly remind them to pay you back.

Quite recently, I did favor for a friend and sold him something for his parents. We entered into a verbal agreement (which is legally binding in CA): he'll pay 90% up front and the remaining 10% after he takes possession. Well, it's been about 5 months and no word of the other 10%. He had taken ill prior to this transaction and his condition worsened dramatically as the days went on, so I'd feel like a douche asking for cash with him being ill. On one hand, I don't need the cash right now, but on the other hand, I shouldn't have to remind him that he owes me money... and I did him a solid by giving him a good friend discount to help his folks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

When I have to card someone for an item they hope to purchase and they give me a hard time about it.
    I don't have much of a choice in the matter, either I check ID, or I could potentially lose my job and all associated benefits, or, even worse, I could face jail time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pudglor Shmormuff

People who dress and act like cowboys in places and situations where it doesn't apply.

Here's a good example: People with desk jobs who wear cowboy boots on jean day.

WTF are you doing wearing cowboy boots in a damn office???

Or people who wear the whole cowboy getup: the boots, belt buckle, jacket, and hat- to the airport or work functions.

If I'm waiting to go through security, and you walk up looking like Walker Texas f-ing Ranger: I expect you to challenge airport security to a gun fight.

I don't expect you to show them your passport,
    I don't expect you to show them your driver's license (which you shouldn't have anyway- Mr. COWBOY...),
    I don't expect you to have a rolling suitcase with an extendable handle- I expect you to have a fuckin tree limb with an itty bitty bag of "essentials" tied to the end of it.
    I also expect you to yank out a rope, tie airport security up, spit in the trash can, and then do a little dance, "YEEHAW!!"

That's WTF I expect from you- because you look like True Grit or Wild Wild West at the airport and it's absolutely ridiculous dude. It is. It fuckin is.

Wearing a cowboy getup to a work function: Are we hosting a damn rodeo? Is there a bull outside? Just kakis and a polo- that was too difficult for you?

Another example: Wearing a cowboy hat on the beach.

My guess: You could be in Hawaii on the beach or in Alaska freezing your nuts off- you'd still have that cowboy hat on.....I'd put money on it.

You know what that says to me: I'M A "COWBOY", AND NO MATTER WHERE I GO, EVERYBODY HAS TO KNOW. No we don't....you look like an idiot.

You know what looks even more wrong to me: A "cowboy" in an airport gate, drinking filtered water, and looking for an outlet to charge his smart device. LOL

"It's more of a style of fasio"- then it's one of the dumbest forms of fashion I've ever seen.

If you're not on a ranch or carrying out an old school 1,000 mile cattle drive: Don't wear it- because anywhere else- it just looks stupid. It doesn't fit. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  12. MetalkingRazor

MetalkingRazor Well-Known Member

Not sure if this counts, but people being stupid while driving is one of my pet peeves (granted, I get plenty annoyed with people in general). I was slowing down and about to make a turn at an intersection. I just got done with work and I was stopping someplace for a drink before I drove the rest of the way back home. It takes about between 40 to 50 minutes one trip. Maybe more depending on either traffic or/and if I took some backroads.

As I approached one intersection, I turned right and then kept going slow so I can put my turn signal on to turn left on another intersection that would bring me into a parking lot. As I approached, an idiot was about to come to the intersection on the right. Instead of either waiting for me to turn or quickly drive to make the turn to cross as I was far enough a way where she could have turned, the person slowly approaches and stops on the lane of the road I was on.

I was saying to myself “Really? Are you kidding me? Either turn to get to the other side or wait for me to turn.” It especially annoys me because I went through a car crash last year in November. I try to be careful so I am not in another crash, but some people are so fricking stupid when they drive.

• Like Like x 2
  13. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

People who use outmoded and disproven “knowledge” to harass others.

Like. Ok. The diet thing someone mentioned earlier.
    Health nuts, some of them anyway, absolutely ARE like that and it drives me up the goddamn wall.

Y’know what? Extreme dieting isn’t even good for you. The mostly healthy approach to life is moderation in most/all things, paying attention to what your body wants and needs, avoiding excessive and dangerous stress, and getting regular physical activity and mental stimulation, as well as staying away from toxic shit like pollution, excessive drug/alcohol/tobacco/caffeine/sugar use etc.

Like.

I’ve only been skinny at one point in my life, during highschool senior year, and I wasn’t healthy. I was enthralled by mental illness, including an eating disorder, and managed to STAY skinny by going a day or more without eating more than 200 calories or so total, not eating at all some days, and exercising constantly.

Y’know what everyone told me? “Wooooow Vats you look so good. Nice cheekbones Vats. You could model.”

Endless praise while my body was actually slowly going to pieces due to the constant starvation and strain I was exposing it to, but EVERYONE around me congratulated me for being so goddamn healthy.

I was so healthy that my nails were crumbling off, my hair was like stra, I had horrible, constant chronic joint pain, and I struggled not to faint or black out when standing up. There’s even a possibility I did minor damage to my organs.

Soooooo healthy.

It’s been three years, and I’ve recovered from that, and no one gives me nice compliments anymore, or tells me how healthy I look, because I’m a little bit chubby, but y’know what? My health has improved 200%. I hardly experience any chronic pain at all anymore. I feel better and, imo, look better. I have better stamina when I go on walks, and all my systems function more efficiently.

So like. Idk man. I experience a special kind of irritation when exposed to that kind of person.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Pudglor Shmormuff

People who say "It just happened" or "I don't know" in situations where those responses are obviously bullshit.

There's a reason for everything. Absolutely 100% everything.

Things don't just happen, and if you're directly involved with the situation, for you to say "I don't know"- you're either mentally challenged, legally blind, or flat-out lying. You DO know- you just won't say.

For example: I lent my hookah to a couple of my frat brothers one Saturday night, left for an hour, came back, my hookah was shattered on the concrete, I asked what happened, and all I got was "IT JUST HAPPENED MAN, I DON'T KNOW..."

I lent my hookah to you. I left it directly under your supervision. It was your job to watch over it- you had 1 job to do. Now it's broken, and you- the key supervisor I left it with- have NO IDEA as to how it broke? BULLSHIT.

"I'm sorry man."- I'm sorry doesn't explain to me exactly what happened- who's responsible for breaking it? What specifically happened?

"It just fell man."- It just fell....that's like shooting somebody in the head and saying "It just went off."- nothing ever happens by itself, there's ALWAYS a reason.

So basically nobody came clean, nobody admitted to breaking my hookah, I had to buy myself a new one, and from that point forward I stopped accepting bullshit excuses like "It just happened" or "I don't know."

Anybody who gives me those bullshit excuses: That's my red flag to know they're lying.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As seeing "Into the Spider-Verse" a couple days ago proved, I still have peeves around who I sit next to in movie theaters. It's not something I'm proud of, I guess I'm too used to being a proud introvert. (guy next to me had loud breathing issues and a particular body odor, but I could have done better hiding the disappointment that was probably on my face. I'll put this under 2019 self-improvements)

• Like Like x 2
  16. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    When some food or drink I like boasts a "new and improved recipe" because it is absolutely never, ever, ever, ever, ever, E V E R an improvement and always makes it taste like dooky from a butt. So many tasty treats ruined for no good reason...

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People who stand in doorways to have conversations. Doorways are not for loitering, they are for moving from one room to the other. Pretty much anybody who blocks a tight space when they could easily move into one room or the other to shoot the breeze with each other.

People who say or write "anyhoo." This is not a word. The word is "anyway" or "anyhow." I know this is incredibly minor, but man does it get on my nerves.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Not to be that guy, but... it actually is a word and (now) recognized as such. It's present and defined in both Oxford and Merriam-Webster Dictionaries.

The one I hate is "hangry". As in, I instantly tense up with rage whenever someone says it. Just say you're cranky because you haven't eaten, or whatever else... just not THAT stupid fucking word. It's never been clever and just sounds like something a child says when they properly pronounce yet.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What. :mad 

Well, it'll never be a word that escapes my lips.

20. Pudglor Shmormuff

People who use the word ain't and other sloppy grammar.

When I hear the word ain't, the hillbillies from Deliverance pop into my head- and from that point forward, for the remainder of the conversation: That's who you are to me.

Phrases like:

"I ain't gon do that..."- I won't do that....

"I seen him..."- I saw him...

"Me and my brother..."- My brother and I...

"She went inside them house.."- She went inside their house...

"I hear them coming and moved..."- I heard them coming and moved...

My mother in-law speaks like that, and it drives me batshit crazy man.

1470255630030.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.