What are your pet peeves? Staff Edit: Thread Locked Due To Politics/Constant Clean Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Yeah, people who do that aren't true fans. INTERNET FIGHT!!!

• Like Like x 4
  2. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

My own.... Limitations. In public, I sort of.... Lock up verbally. Like. The route between speech and brain feels like an old truck’s manual transmission that’s stuck in neutral, and talking is just.... A huge effort. And THAT in turn makes me nervous and angry, which makes me even WORSE in public, to the point where I’m like. Half-feral, immensely tense and angry, and scared as all hell.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Slaskia

Slaskia Well-Known Member

I can relate somewhat. Small talk stuff I can manage, but once the topic goes into something more serious and/or confrontational, I lock up. It's...I believe...mostly because I am afraid of people getting mad at me. It doesn't help that when I 'do' manage to open up, I'm either ignored or talked down easily (confrontation + anxiety disorder = me wanting to curl up in a hole somewhere until the angry person goes away). I've gotten to the point where I just don't bother anymore....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    i strangely enjoyed reading the end

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    This Screenshot_20191223-132748_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    When I finish a story bit only to learn a massive part of it was lost during my typing about an hour after I post it... *sadface*

Also, customers. It's getting to the point thwt I'm detesting all of humanity...maybe Dio was right...

lastly, when you had several hours of time thinking "there's nothing to do" and before you go to bed, you realize "Aw, shizzle.... I could've made one of the model kits I got!" and get sad.....

• Like Like x 3
  7. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I've got several:

People who go out in public and blast their music as if everyone else wants to hear it. Get headphones jackass!

People who get offended when you dislike something they like. This happens often in music videos. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to actively insult them over something so inconsequential is just ridiculous.

People who bring politics into things that are completely unrelated. I don't give a shit about who you voted for. The topic is (insert ANY topic here).

• Like Like x 7
  8. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    All of these. Just all of these.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Picture everyone naked. It doesn't really help but it's fun at least.

Even the old wrinkly bastard in the corner.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nope... don't need the mental image of the wrinkly guy's raisins and prune...

• Like Like x 7
  11. galvatran

News Credits:
    Think outside the box. :D 

Palpatine is an old wrinkly bastard standing in the corner over there, but his grand daughter...

• Like Like x 7
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :D 

• Like Like x 3
  13. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

His GRANDDAUGHTER will accidentally fatally electrocute you with force-lightning while trying to help you, due to pent up rage and frustration.

• Like Like x 6
  14. galvatran

News Credits:
    Just the thing to kick start my heart. Automated External Debifrillator (AED) is soooo overated... & costly.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Cue a certain Motley Crüe song...

16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about when someone texts you but they don't identify themselves and you don't have their number in your phone so you don't know who they are? I'm like, is this a wrong number? Ex-girlfriend? Do I want to talk to you?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hazy Panda

Hazy Panda Well-Known Member

When a collector creates a Facebook group, or a YouTube channel, and regularly releases new material- but when I try to talk to them, they come off as rude or totally anti-social- and it brings me to question:
    Why are you regularly participating in something that broadcasts you to the public if you clearly don't enjoy meeting new people?

I don't understand why somebody would create a TF review channel/page/blog/broadcast platform, but then not want to speak to other collectors if and when they reach out to them- it makes very little sense.

It's like being an athlete, musician, or politician- but then getting pissed off when people ask for a picture, autograph, or interview.
    Sure, you can have your own personal reasons for doing it- but you have to understand that you're operating on a social media system, it's designed to MAKE people interact- people WILL seek you out, and they WILL want to meet you.

If you're not up for that, then...(points to their operation) WTF?

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

When people change their birth name to a stupid nickname or some other weird crap name on Facebook. Even worse, when they don't have identifiable photos or images of themselves for their profile. Too many times, I've had to view the profile AND their photos just to learn who the hell they are and how they ended up on my friend's list. I should unfriend them on basic principle.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

They could have good reasons for doing that. A friend of mine doesn’t have many pictures of herself online purely because she hates having her picture taken, and she uses a nickname for multiple reasons, one of which is to prevent being discovered by certain unsavoury types she’s met in the real world whilst still being able to contact people she actually gets on with.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Strangers and vague acquaintances who have this need for me to acknowledge them with more than just a polite nod in passing. If you have such a need for everyone to yell 'Happy New Year' back at you that you get loud and annoying, the problem is with you, not me.

People who get offended when I'm just staring off quietly thinking instead of talking to everyone at the damn bus stop. Or when I'm taking pictures of something that is not them/not of interest to them. Or when I've got headphones on because I don't want to talk to anybody because I'm in the mood to bite f****** heads off. Or who INSIST on asking about my shirt or other visible interests only to immediately get dismissive with 'I don't watch those kind of shows/movies/whatever.' Then DON'T F****** ASK.

Whenever my brain brings up scenarios with family that haven't happened but may, that are very hurtful.

To end with a funny note - there's an old lady in my building who will just start meowing over and over again whenever she sees a cat. Even just a picture of one, on a shirt, in the middle of a store. Cats in turn look at her like she's a tiresome toddler parroting nonsense (for all we know, she could be spouting cat swears!). XD XD XD

--Moony

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.