What are your pet peeves? Staff Edit: Thread Locked Due To Politics/Constant Clean Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

When people blow a joke out of proportion. Just look no further than our own Area 51 invasion thread. The people who wanted to do the 'raid' were 100% serious, serious enough that the Feds became worried about real people rushing the base.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I've managed to pay in exact change on numerous occasions, which often means I'm standing there for three minutes digging around in my wallet.

3. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Lazy arses who drag their feet while walking. Is it so hard to lift your feet?

Using loud speaker on the mobile phone / cellular on public transport. No, I don’t want to know what you did last night... alone... in your bed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, unfortunately, remember that retail stores don't really hire the best people. In fact, many of these people from my own experience working in retail for a time were there because they couldn't do better. Many of them are promoted way beyond their level of competency so the fact that pretty simple math was beyond them just isn't surprising. I know too many people who work retail that are managers and are brain dead morons and the rest of us would be better off if they never had children. Now I will say that this isn't all retail workers, but it, unfortunately, seems to be the vast majority.

I have this happen a lot. Or I give them say a $5 bill along with the correct amount of change and they get very very confused about how much they should give me back. Even though if they enter say $5.69 payment for a $2.69 charge... the computer tells them they should give me back $3, but it confuses the hell out of most of them why I'm getting all solid bills back and no change. I actually like to do this when I can as I don't like carrying change around with me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    UPS labels and how people do them.

Please, folks. As a reminder. If you put a shipping label on a box, you may have two things on the label. A barcode and a QR code. Please...PLEASE make sure you put that label on your package in a way where the QR or barcode will be clear and not disturbed. Don't put any part of those directly on a seam or folded. We use those to track your package. If we can't scan your label, we cannot track your package, and that increases the chances of that package getting delayed or misplaced n the system.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Classic Rock fans, good god, every one I've met really needs to chill the fuck out about music. So I'm chillin' and grillin' in the pub tonight with my friends, and at one point I decide to put a few songs on the jukebox (Run the Jewels & DJ Shadow 'Nobody Speak', Enter Shikari 'Ghandi, Mate, Ghandi', and Yes 'Owner of a Lonely Heart'). Now my second selection in particular really didn't sit well with these two weirdos, one of whom storms up to me and my friend shouting about "putting Slipknot on" as if I'd insulted her by inadvertently making her hear a song she didn't like. All I could do was laugh at 1) how weird it was that she'd chastise someone about making her hear one entire song she didn't like and 2) that Slipknot is apparently still the go-to "all heavy music sounds the same" band. They also seemed unable to comprehend that I was also the guy who put Yes on immediately afterward, because I guess Liking More Than One Genre Of Music is an alien concept to these weirdos. I don't know if it's the drink, but man, they're always very angry if they find out you don't listen to exactly the same music as them.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I list something on eBay for a BIN price with no best offers for a more than reasonable price. I get a message from someone asking what I would be willing to accept for it. Obviously the BIN price I listed it for my guy. Charity is down the road at salvation army.

Imagine the nerve it takes to ask shit like that. I just don't get people.

This quickly would have devolved into choosing beggars so I didn't even answer him. I know where this was going.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This is actually VERY common on eBay anymore. It's not every buyer, but plenty of the newer low feedback buyers seem to think this is acceptable etiquette for buying on eBay. I always tell them to go low ball someone else and then block them from being able to buy/bid any of my future auctions. In my experience, these same guys are shady as fuck and will also try to return shit by claiming it was damaged or switching out games or movies with beat-up ones.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

When you're at a stop sign or traffic light, the line where you are supposed to stop is there for a reason. This is an excellent way to cause traffic accidents by obstructing the view of someone who's trying to make a right or left turn.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, apparently eBay is now judging seller's rating by something they can't control. When the post office actually delivers! They've always rated a seller based on if they ship in a timely manner (ie: if you offer next day shipping you ship next day, etc.), but now they're apparently rating sellers based on when the tracking number says it was delivered. As if sellers have any control over what the post office does once we drop it off.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I hope that's "first attempt at delivery" rather than "actual delivery", otherwise the buyers can screw the system by not answering the door when the delivery company arrives...

• Like Like x 3
  12. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Whaaa? I mean, there are rarely times when I ordered something on Ebay and the tracking number updates the day it arrives. This will get exploited to hell. the frick, Ebay?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

From what I understand, this is about minor annoyances at most, right?

If so diarrhea during the nighttime. Disrupts my sleep schedule. I have heard people normally really don't like this but having IBSD, I'm pretty used to it.

The notion that only one definition of the word is the only valid one, as if Oxford decided some day to walk by and play a joke. Never skip class, kids.

Christmas stuff in September. Not for the usual "keep my holidays separate" thing, but because the red always distracts my eye when I am looking at Halloween decorations. But it means that I can put my Switch Lite and friends' gifts on layaway early, so it's also super cool.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  14. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

People that see conspiracies in everything. I just had someone tell me that the Linkin Park guy didn't commit suicide but was killed because he was going to expose a Hollywood child sex ring. And the same with Anthony Bourdain. WTF?

Do they realize how ridiculous these things sound?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    But that's just a theory.

A GAME THEORY!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Did you mean Hybrid Theory? Good marks for the try though.

• Like Like x 5
  17. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    A yes one of my first Linkin Park albums.

• Like Like x 5
  18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    ….I think this belongs in the Cringe thread....

• Like Like x 3
  19. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While I admire the work and talent of these fan artists, I'm getting real tired of these pop culture website sharing these fanarts as actual news related to comic book based movies and Television shows, usually towards dream-casting. There's generally nothing in the wording of the headlines that describe them as fan-work, and they're everywhere in general online news timelines. "Heroic Hollywood" is among those guilty of this.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree, but it's got less to do with the fanart itself and more to do with the websites looking for clickbait. Which brings me to my pet peeve about how people on the web just can't seem to help themselves from wasting everyone's time with clickbait articles from sites that are known to be unreliable and regurgitate "news" from other sites. The tv and movies subforum here is especially bad for this when it comes to certain people.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.