What are your pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. vatarian

vatarian Wyrmspawn

No he didn’t he was just standing his ground. Those kids invaded his property and vandalized his home. He feared for his life.

2. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Look a doggo! How c00t! He thinks he's an avatar!

News Credits:
    The kids didn't do nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

You'd be hangry, too, if you only ate once every 27 years...

• Like Like x 2
  4. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Look a doggo! How c00t! He thinks he's an avatar!

News Credits:
    Then order take out! I bet he didn't even have a permit to go hunting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Hopefully the last peeve I post in a while. Having my earplugs pop out because I turned my head while sleeping.... Darn earplugs!!!

*Double negative*
    So they DID do something!!!

6. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

One thing that pisses me off is when someone posts a video of a song or something someone else made, but they add some sort of intro either telling me what the song is called, or that they made the video. This pisses me off because:

1. Of course I know what the song is called! I looked it up and clicked on the damn video!
    2. You should only have an intro to something you've created. As in, you've had a hand in creating the video or song. If you haven't had any part whatsoever in the making of what you're uploading, then you shouldn't put your name on it. Just upload the damn video.

Also, people who point laser pointers at other people's eyes. I mean, really? What the fuck?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Unskippable cut scenes in games. Especially credits. I don't want to hear crappy j-pop or pseudo Enya theme.

• Like Like x 4
  8. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    ....Why does my SS3 Gotenks Funko pop say "Super Saiyan Gotenks"? It shouldn't bother me, but.... Why?

9. Sylent

Sylent Haslab Unicron: 8,000+ backers - 0 days remaining

I would question their legitimacy as a religious figure. Could be a cosplayer for all I know... ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    You and your suspiciousness!

;) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Drangleic

Drangleic The ill mathematical

I agree completely. I said this very same thing back when that super strict mod ran General Discussion and it got deleted for whatever reason.

Why do I have to say "bless you" for a sneeze? Why am I looked at as rude if I don't say it?

What if, and just hear me out, I yelled "Satan curse you!" instead? Why would that be any more ridiculous?

• Like Like x 2
  12. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Pet peeve = people that suck at math (and want to argue their fubar calculations).

I recently went to a store, where the item (something mundane, not toys) was marked down 50%.
    Sign matched item, item full price marked: $6.99
    I bought two.
    Went to register, it shows "regular price $13.98" (ie item x2), sale price $9.89.
    That's not right.
    The cashier tried to argue the computer was right, I was wrong. Me: No. Got flustered, called over asst manager.
    Asst manager says "regular price is $14, you're getting a deal at $10". Me: No. Asst manager gets pissy, calls manager.
    Manager assesses situation, knows that $9.89 isn't 50% off of $13.98, but can't figure out it's $3.495 each (must enter separate, probably for inventory control), or $3.49 rounded down (store doesn't deserve an extra cent at this point, can lose one instead).
    She pulls out iPhone, can't figure out calculator.
    Over and over, I keep saying "$3.49", and you can see her getting irritated.
    Manager asks yet another clerk what $6.99 div 2 is, who also must whip out a phone, then she looks at me in astonishment. "He's right, it's $3.495!" Well, no sh!t, cupcake.

20 minutes wasted because 4 people in a row suck at math. :rolleyes: 

I can't wait to fill out the store survey that was emailed to me yesterday. That'll be fun. :cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sylent

That would be an AWESOME prank, especially in a crowded public setting! The initial gazes of bewilderment would be worth the scrutiny later on!

My wife, who has never said "bless you" after a sneeze started saying it because her coworkers do. It probably stemmed from peer pressure at the office to fit in with the rest of the grazing cows.

Remember when people used to say "Gazuntite" after sneezing? I'd rather people go back to that, which roughly means "good health."

Well, people do cosplay as Jesus. I recently made a cosplay video and captured one giving the pray sign and then the hang loose sign right after. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL Want to really confuse a cashier (especially a young person). Pay in exact change that involves several nickels, dimes & pennies. End cost was $2.69 I gave her 2 $1 bills and the .69 in coins. 1 Quarter, 3 dimes, 2 nickels & 4 pennies I might as well have asked her to do some quantum mechanics. She counted it several times & I think she just gave up and assumed it was correct.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sylent

Just last week, I went to a gas station convenience store and bought some Grandma's cookies. The total was $2.02. I gave the cashier $5.00 and a nickel, and dude gave me back $3.96. I gave him back all the change that I wasn't supposed to have and he couldn't thank me enough for being honest.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    Lol!

17. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

When people blow a joke out of proportion. Just look no further than our own Area 51 invasion thread. The people who wanted to do the 'raid' were 100% serious, serious enough that the Feds became worried about real people rushing the base.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sixwing

Sixwing Another mug in a red jumpsuit

I've managed to pay in exact change on numerous occasions, which often means I'm standing there for three minutes digging around in my wallet.

19. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Lazy arses who drag their feet while walking. Is it so hard to lift your feet?

Using loud speaker on the mobile phone / cellular on public transport. No, I don’t want to know what you did last night... alone... in your bed.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Never answer a question with another question. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, unfortunately, remember that retail stores don't really hire the best people. In fact, many of these people from my own experience working in retail for a time were there because they couldn't do better. Many of them are promoted way beyond their level of competency so the fact that pretty simple math was beyond them just isn't surprising. I know too many people who work retail that are managers and are brain dead morons and the rest of us would be better off if they never had children. Now I will say that this isn't all retail workers, but it, unfortunately, seems to be the vast majority.

I have this happen a lot. Or I give them say a $5 bill along with the correct amount of change and they get very very confused about how much they should give me back. Even though if they enter say $5.69 payment for a $2.69 charge... the computer tells them they should give me back $3, but it confuses the hell out of most of them why I'm getting all solid bills back and no change. I actually like to do this when I can as I don't like carrying change around with me.

• Like Like x 3