What are your pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    People who use the microwave, take their item out early, and don't clear the cycle. I look up at work to see what time it is as I've got a certain number of things on this operation that are time sensitive and I see :29 on the microwave. I mean, seriously? YOU WERE RIGHT THERE!!!!!! This is almost on the level of the VCR flashing 12:00

• Like Like x 4
  2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    *Searches*
    Okay, that is INCREDIBLY more scarring than the other supposed "origins"......dafuq????
    I will admit that I am guilty of this crime on a few occasions, but at least I clean up my mess after I'm done! So much spillover from the other employees!! I hate that!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Never answer a question with another question. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Ugh. I was happier thinking it was a prison thing... that's the most fucked up thing I've read about pre-Civil War America and that says A LOT.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    History...has a lot of these kinds of things in it. But let's do everyone else a favor...and let's not talk about those things :p 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drangleic

Drangleic The ill mathematical

Passive aggressive behavior. We're all guilty of it from time to time but there are some people that take it to a whole other level. And they do it constantly.

When you confront them over it they usually lose their shit like a child so you can't win with them.

They're people on my list that I just don't want to have anything to do with. Unfortunately you can't always just write them off though.

• Like Like x 6
  6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I like the one where the Indian tries to convince me it's from Windows and there's a problem with my Microsoft. Followed by the shitheads selling open enrollment for health insurance. Or my Google business listing not being up to date. Or just thirty seconds of silence before they hang up. Come on, at least try to sell me something. What are you, a vampire that feeds on my time?

In semi-related matter, since were talking about phones, does anybody get a positively ear-piercing beep when an iPhone picks up on the other end?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate it when stores do a reset and move all their products around to different aisles. Makes it difficult if not impossible to find what you're looking for.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, passive aggressive behavior sucks. Like you said; we can all be guilty of it from time to time depending on what's going on in our lives. Sometimes you just have a really bad day, but when it's constant it's annoying. The worst though has to be a passive aggressive coworker, because unlike say family or friends (though if I had a friend who was constantly passive aggressive I assure you we wouldn't be for long)... you can't get away from them and, in my experience, if you complain about them to upper management it'll usually get shifted around on you somehow. Like the one time I was told I needed to be more understanding of people's personal issues (which we were always lectured not to bring to work with us) and more of a "team player" when I complained about this one guy on my overnight that was constantly passive aggressive with everyone on the team. Apparently he had some shit going on at home with his wife (and would break down about it when confronted by his behavior), but that's no excuse to treat your coworkers like shit you know?

• Like Like x 4
  9. marvel b

News Credits:
    I'm not usually one to be annoyed by wording mishaps, but "I could care less" is one of them that does get me. It should be "I couldn't care less" because that means you're already out of cares and therefore don't care. "I could care less" means that you DO care about the subject and it could be less than it currently is.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    How do you think we people who work in retail feel? :lol  Trust me, it’s not exactly fun for us either.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Similar to the one above me, I find it annoying that various Walmarts arrange their grocery aisles differently. If I want some Mac & Cheese it is never in the same aisle when I go to different Walmarts. Sometimes aisle 12, sometimes aisle 14.

Help, my 1st world problems are too much. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I know. I worked at Target for twelve years (finally OUT!) and while I was in the stockroom, not the sales floor, I was still inconvenienced by their inexplicable need to move things around. I've heard they think it keeps the store from looking or feeling "stale," but I'd argue consistency in being able to find what you're looking for is more important, and I'd even make a case for it being comforting. It's certainly not frustrating, which is what happens when neither you nor the employee you tap to help you knows where anything has been moved to.

• Like Like x 2
  13. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Hearing people chew

People who comment/react based on a headline or a quick skim..not reading the comment/article and actually comprehending what they're voicing an (uninformed) opinion about.

• Like Like x 2
  14. marvel b

News Credits:
    When you keep asking someone not to do something (in this case, a Walmart worker going through the cart bay because I fear I might not pay attention and run her over one day as well as that not being an exit) and they smile, laugh it off and do it again and again...

If you ever hear a news report of a woman getting run over by Wal-Mart carts in New York, that'll be her because I can only be nice for so long and stop caring....

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Or when someone knows you absolutely hate a song and they sing lines from it constantly.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

When pages/people/etc will post a article. Then later something/someone proves it wrong (or corrected), the original article/post is not updated...which leads to people still sharing the mis-information. Comments will state the new/correct information but the OP dont care.

Then months later it'll somehow pop up again and the whole mess will start anew.

• Like Like x 3
  17. marvel b

News Credits:
    Final update. It's been 92 days and no charge, soooooo.... Free Wii U.....I guess those stories I heard that some Gamestop across the ocean giving away Fallout 67 with random purchases isn't that farfetched.....which peeves my confusion......so out goes one peeve and in comes another...

Also, when I'm trying to watch a stream and my laptop is all. "Lol, you were expecting a stream, but it was I! A sudden update is required!!". And said update keeps failing. ...why U do this, laptop?

• Like Like x 1
  18. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Youtube video suggestions. The Steven Universe movie came out recently, but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I have however been on Youtube frequently since the release, and just from titles and thumbnails I'm pretty sure I've had something like 50% of the plot/story beats spoiled. I haven't even watched any Steven Universe videos on the site in like six months to a year, but the moment the movie came out they started popping up in my suggested videos.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma Imagine Breaker

Spoliers on Youtube for new TV seasons.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Man o man are people morons. Most here know that eBay started collecting sales tax in "Market Responsibility States" whether or not the seller actually collects taxes. eBay takes the money and distributes it to the state themselves. Sellers who don't personally collect sales tax have zero control over this. OF COURSE... I have to get the moronic buyer who's not only not up to date on this information, but decides to get snippy with me over it and even made a veiled threat of reporting me if I didn't show him a copy of your New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Certificate of Authority showing your Sales Tax Identification Number. I just looked up the information on eBay and sent him on his way along with an explanation that I have nothing to do with it and that if he still feels this is in error that he's going to have to take it up with eBay. It's just really annoying when you're having a great day and someone decides to get passive-aggressive with you over something that's out of your hands... and what makes it worth... he was charged about a $1.50 in sales tax. So, he's literally getting passive-aggressive and making veiled threats over a $1.50. Moron.

• Like Like x 3