What are your pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Sometimes it's like eBay is saying "we know you're selling here in a desperate bid to get away from a job you hate so we'll make sure this is miserable too." Once upon a time, eBay's promise was much like that inscribed on the Statue of Liberty. People that "weren't good enough" for jobs built successful businesses on eBay. Now it feels like eBay is just another shithead boss that doesn't know how to do anything but keep people down and blame them for its own screwups.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

For me some of my pet peeves are [they are a bit strange]
    When something is slightly misaligned

When my timer goes off and my food is not done yet

And the thing that annoys me the most is.................hangers on the floor i don't know why but i hate it so bad

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gunslinger99

Gunslinger99 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My recent one is people sending emails and ending it with "please advise." It's always stuff like my password isn't working, please advise.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

To those in particular, just respond: "I advise you to type your password in correctly" ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sylent

Sylent Haslab Unicron: 8,000+ backers - 0 days remaining

There was a guy on Facebook who I used to consider a friend that would do this. He would be a contrarian just for the sake of disagreeing with me and causing static. My car was towed from in front of my house (told the story last year) and he basically said that it was my fault for trying to circumvent the system, which I wasn't. Prior to that, when I had my car broken into, he basically said it was my fault for leaving something out that was worth stealing. There were several other incidents of him being a jackass, so I had people PM'ing me asking why I didn't get rid of him. In one instance, he was being such a prick that one of my friends got sick of him and it escalated into name-calling and then threats, so I had to delete the post.

This is a guy who was in trouble with the law and went to jail and I supported him every step of the way, and then he acts like a spoiled teenager online like I stole his girlfriend. For some reason, he had an axe to grind with me, but never came out and said what the reason was. He would just constantly show his ass online.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Drangleic

Drangleic The rule of Gondor is mine and no other's

Shit is so annoying. Dude has no life so he just screws with other people's. Classic f*ck boy.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Drangleic

Drangleic The rule of Gondor is mine and no other's

The trope of people having a regular conversation while fighting bad guys. "Beating up enemies is so easy for me that I can have a regular conversation on the phone or with the person next to me while I do it. I'm so badass."

Shit is dumb. Also overused in action and comic book animation movies.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FrozenFishLurker

FrozenFishLurker Watching & Waiting needs to lurk moar

the godamn cicadas outside my house the DAMN male ones will call BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ all godamn night and its hard to sleep since im a light sleeper.
    [​IMG]
    PROTIP:cicada males you aint getting laid by screaming all night

• Like Like x 4
  9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    When you think you got a good pair of pants/shorts and you go on a mission walk, only to learn that they want to fall down on you when you get too far... I'm trying not to blind people, blue shorts!!

I can see that being annoying. I've been too bogged down by games to let it bother me though....most of the time....
    Gawd that's annoying... I'm wishing you luck on your sleep.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Google. Everything about it. Especially how it's impossible to reach a person there when they've inflicted a problem on you for no reason. Like locking your GMail account of 15 years because you rebooted your PC and it doesn't think your password, security question, and filling in the blanks on the signup e-mail are enough. Always keep that old e-mail accessible because they absolutely won't call your phone number or follow up like they say they will when you provide a different e-mail.

See, it turns out security questions are no longer supported, so hipster web devs at Google decided that every answer is wrong but don't know what an error code is so it just says "LOL, kumpootrz!1one" and continues silently failing. I didn't find that out until I "hacked" my way in and every "change your security question" link in the current GMail interface redirects to a page that says you can only remove security questions. They also think "we'll contact you later" means "we'll send a code automatically and then say we still can't verify your identity when you enter it." And we're supposed to take development "best practices" from these idiots why?

And if you try to call the support number they hide on their page? Some hipster douche recording that thinks it's funny jokes about how they take your security seriously and says goodbye in half a dozen languages complete with Chuck Lorre canned laughter. This is a top tech company in 2019. Depend on any of the crap they're pushing at your peril.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tire damage and road hazards, and the thought of having a slow leak without a explanation. Such a major small annoyance that potentially gets in the way of everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sylent

Sylent Haslab Unicron: 8,000+ backers - 0 days remaining

People who walk around without a shirt irk the hell out of me. It's ghetto. I don't care how ripped you are. You're not on the basketball court or in a wrestling ring. Put a damn shirt on.

• Like Like x 3
  13. marvel b

News Credits:
    That and when they hang their pants below their underwear.... Fun fact, the origins of this style is in jail, where "certain" inmates would do that to show that they are available for "business". Let that sink in...

• Like Like x 2
  14. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Scammers. Had 4 call today claiming my ssn was suspended. That can’t happen. I never gave it out, just hung up. REALLY wish the feds would bring these to an end already...:redface2: 

• Like Like x 7
  15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Never answer a question with another question. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    People who use the term millennial as an insult without realizing they're part of said demographic.

• Like Like x 5
  16. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

More scam calls today...:redface2:  This is getting annoying...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

When people use the word "objective" to describe things that are clearly subjective, usually their own opinions.

Your personal feelings on, say, a video game or movie are not objective, no matter how deeply held or well argued. Those are your opinions, which by definition are subjective. Giving your reasoning as to why you feel that way does not make your opinion into a fact. People being in general agreement about a subjective aspect does not magically make it objective fact. Attaching an objective number to an opinion doesn't make that opinion a fact.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Urban legend. The origin of that style is likely in jail, but likely had more to do with belts being not allowed (suicide risk, potential weapons) and prison pants not being the best fitting or available in the widest array of sizes. Hence, sag, which made its way into hip hop and counterculture as a fashion statement.

• Like Like x 3
  19. marvel b

News Credits:
    Shush, I'm trying to scare and scar.
    Either way, it bugs the holy heck out of me... NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR SCRAWNY ***!

on another weird note, this is the second time I heard of "counterculture" in the past month, with the other one being an analysis of Team Yell and nothing before that.... I never learned about that stuff in Social studies in my school. You want to know what we learned? Pharoehs and whatnot! WHY DIDN'T MY SCHOOLS TEACH THE ACTUAL COOL STUFF!?!?! OR GOOD STUFF FOR LIFE?!?! I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO MY TAXES!!!
    *another peeve unlocked*

Lastly, this itch on my back that JUST. WON'T. GO. AWAY!!! I'LL USE THE BEAR TECHNIQUE IF I HAVE TO, BACK!!!

20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Actually, I found the origin of sagging pants to go way back to the days of prior to the civil war. Not gonna post the article here due to its content though. But after reading it...man...ignorance really is bliss.

• Like Like x 1