What are your pet peeves? Staff Edit: Thread Locked Due To Politics/Constant Clean Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    here's one. i'm on a mini-vacation, but my immune system decides to take one, too... stupid runny nose...

agreed. *looks at store manager ilyas*
    i have a big metal pokeball pin on mine so i can hear it if it falls. before i got the pin, i almost left them on the bus when they fell out of my pockets. luckily a passenger saw and let me know before i left.

one or two things at most. any more is just pointless.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    people who talk in all lower case like this

• Like Like x 1
  3. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    Whoa, this thread took off!

Debbie downers/post count watchers who have nothing to contribute to the a post. They seemingly just post to up their post count and/or waste a perfectly good few seconds of everyone's time.

Example Topic: "Blondes of TFW, how do you keep your hair shiny and sparkling"

(here comes Debbie Downer)

DD's post: "I am a brunette so this does not apply to me."

THEY WHY POST???? Wouldn't it be easier to just read the title, think to yourself "oh, that thread is only for blonde people and does not apply to me, I won't click or reply to it." Why waste a perfectly good 20 seconds of your life typing up a post when it has nothing to do with you and you don't contribute anything to the topic. Ugh. And yeah, sorry to say but I've seen a few up in here (oooohhh, shots fired!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. marvel b

News Credits:
    I apologize for any peeves that I have caused and will most likely cause in the future. I tend to forget casings instinctively....it's a good thing I'm not in the army.

5. KremzeekTyCobb

News Credits:
    We ShOulD Go BaCk tO 1998 wHEn WrITinG "KoRN StyLE" WAs aLl tHE rAgE!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. marvel b

News Credits:
    1 th08ht 1t wa8 L337....how time has changed...

okay, back on topic. stubbing your toe on something that has been there for ages rustles my feathers!!! THE TABLE NEVER MOVES!!! HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?!

• Like Like x 1
  7. KremzeekTyCobb

News Credits:
    It may be. I just remember '98-'99 when Korn Dropped their album "Follow the leader" that had that type of writing adn EVERYONE went batsh-t for it and it was everywhere. Guess I'm showing my age if theyre calling it L337 now lol.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I know that feeling. If there's a low hanging object within in 10 feet of me, I will bonk my head on it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

(generally, but not exclusively) Journalists adding "gate" to the end of a word to indicate a scandal of some form, the latest apparently being "hamburger-gate". All because of Watergate, which was called "gate" because it was the name of the hotel, not because it was a scandal involving water. Similarly "-ohol" to refer to addiction... just can't get enough of that workohol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Poor event planning/management.

I'll use my family and my wife's family as an example:

When my family plans out an event- We RSVP, if necessary we schedule catering services, a bar tender, we schedule everything out and contact everyone we need to. We secure them all in place. And USUALLY our events go down exactly as planned- everybody on the guest list attends, the catering and bar tending goes great, everybody gets fed, there's no shortage of food, drinks, or entertainment- it's usually an A+ performance at my parents house. We say it's going to happen, and it HAPPENS- no hang-ups, no last minute screw ups, no confusion, no drama- it goes exactly as we laid it out. We say we're gonna do something, and we do it.

My wife's family SUCKS at pulling off events. They don't RSVP, they don't lock anyone or anything into place for the date. They don't develop or stick to a plan- everything is always decided and slapped together at the last minute- it's always a mess. I can't tell you how many times they scheduled an event, but the day before or the morning of, "We're not doing it anymore. ---- & ---- can't make it."

-_-….Don't you think you should've known that weeks ago? Don't you think they should've alerted you back then VS last night or this morning?

It's basically reached the point where, when they "schedule" an event, I keep that day open for myself- because there's an 80% chance it'll get cancelled. I don't take their events seriously, because they don't handle them well enough. Nothing ever goes down the way they said it would. It's extremely annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Peeve: When you make plans with friends and they cancel on you never to be heard from again.

In November, a friend and I made plans to see a musical with our wives, but things came up, so they had to cancel. No problem. My friend told me, "Let's plan for dinner and a movie some other time." Sure, no problem, I said. Never heard from him since.

Around the same time, another friend kept asking me to have lunch with her on a weekday, but she cancelled because a meeting popped up. Completely understand. We don't work too far away, but because of work, it's hard to get away, so I suggested that we do lunch on a weekend where we both don't have to clock-watch or keep looking at our phones to constantly check for urgent emails. I gave her a hefty date range that I would be available, but never heard from her again.

I understand that things happen, but if you're the one to cancel plans, the onus should be on you to reschedule.

• Like Like x 2
  12. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

lol I ain't jumping down that rabbit hole.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I hate websites that nag and nag and nag about downloading their garbage app. LinkedIn is a candidate for most obnoxious in that field. Go directly there or through the sea of nag mail they flood your inbox with. Sometimes there's a helpful lag but it always locks out the site and pops up a half screen nag dialog about their derpy app. The download button is big and fat, as is the "stop fucking bothering me already" link below it, but it has worse hit detection than an Atari port of Lethal Enforcers. Take a hint, idiots, nobody wants your crippledick offshored spyware.

14. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Those people who try to rush friendships. I prefer taking my time to let someone in my inner circle. I have to at least know you for a full year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Hypocrites are such a pain to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When people mention something then get out of explaining it by putting 'reasons'. Don't mention it you aren't going to explain it.

The whole "People still ________" comment. Especially when whatever it is has never gone away. It might not be as widespread as it was but it by no means is rare. For example read a physical book or send a letter in the mail. I just makes the commenter sound like a dumbass in my view. I could see if it was some activity/tech that is actually rare like sending a telegraph but 99% of the time, it isn't.

17. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

This may be a U.S. only thing. Here flavored bottled Coke is mostly of the diet and or sugar-free varieties. I can't drink those so my flavor options are rather limited. Which pretty much boils down to regular or cherry/cherry vanilla. Why? Share the love. And I can already feel the folks ready to bitch about drinking Coke.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

People on Amazon that review Amazon's service in the product reviews instead if the actual product. Not a hard concept to grasp. You're reviewing the product, dumb f*ck.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate people who won’t buy on Ebay because they think the entire website is a scam. Like, not my fault your wasting 20 extra dollars.

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

People who drive too slow.. Just gets old.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.