What are your pet peeves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Ow, mah leg!!!!

I have many, but my number one all time pet peeve: People with bad spatial awareness. In other words, people who are inconsiderate of their position in relationship to others when walking and/or driving. If you're walking down a busy street and need to get your sense of where you are or where to go, that's fine, but freaking STEP ASIDE and let others by!!!!!!! Same thing if you're driving. Not sure where to go? Not sure of your GPS directions? No problem, just freaking PULL OVER so other people can continue to go!!! Slowing down to 5 mph is NOT the way to solve this!!!

The worst one though is when you're at the store. I understand people need to stop and look for the toy/cereal/bread/sportswear/whatever aisle, I also know sometimes, when you get to the correct aisle, you need to look carefully for that one specific thing you came in to buy. If that is case, then may I suggest you NOT PARK YOUR CART RIGHT WHERE YOU KNOW PEOPLE WILL BE WALKING!!!!!! This is the most maddening thing for me. People leaving their cart right at the opening to an aisle or walkway where you know damn well people will be walking though.

Everytime this happens I have to repeat the line from "Dumb and Dumber" when the Killer is being harassed at the pay phone: "did you ever hear of the concept of "other people"?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

^ ALL of this.

And with regards to spacial awareness: People who stand, walk, or park too close to you.

You do NOT need to be all up on me when there is the entire PLANET for you to occupy. And I will absolutely say something. When I was in LAX last September, there was a guy behind me who kept bumping into me. Finally I said, "if you're touching me, that means you are too close."

:mad: 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fallout

Fallout call me alabama i'm a seminole prize

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    people that can't handle 40 degree weather. there are people on campus that will legitimately take the bus instead of walking half a mile because it's cold. and they're already bundled up in heavy coats and scarves and junk. why? what's the point?

• Like Like x 6
  4. Sixwing

Sixwing Another mug in a red jumpsuit

There is no point. Cold weather lets you know that you're alive.

• Like Like x 3
  5. rootytooty

rootytooty Well-Known Member

People playing music at full volume out of their phone or whatever in public
    Also people making a video whining about corporate greed and then beg for money on patreon.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Drangleic

Drangleic The ill mathematical

Slow right hand turners. You don't need to come to a complete stop (or even a near complete stop) to turn right (left for our UK friends).

I destroy them with my horn. So satisfying.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Galvatross

Galvatross What ogres do in life Shrekos in eternity. Veteran

Liars.

Duck faces on chicks, or dudes for that matter, too. Unless it's in a humorous and self aware context.

Plastic surgery (unless it's because a body part had to be removed for medical reasons or something along those lines), excessive makeup, excessive tattoos or piercings on the opposite sex.

The general apathy toward important issues, as opposed to the tiny things people in 21st Century America blow out of proportion and make big fusses about. How easily offended people get.

Related to the above, how humans as individuals or certain demographics think they're the center of everything. Including this fandom.

Group think and uniformity of opinion, and the idea that popularity of an idea lends credence to it, when it was people who challenged commonly accepted bullcrap that are the true movers and shakers in human history.

Judging people before you get to know them.

The endangerment and, in some cases, extinction of many plant and animal species by human wickedness and carelessness.

That there aren't more people like this guy in existence, and that he doesn't have more views:

• Like Like x 6
  8. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I have like a lot. But I'll share out a couple.

My birthday being right after Obama's and that my Mom wont stop gushing on it. (It's a little embarrassing)
    MatPat in general
    Rick & Morty (Fuck that show)
    Fortnite
    Overwatch

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wolfguard

Good God, I couldn't agree more with this. I think we both know there are specific girls who should absolutely not change their appearance, i.e. they are perfect as they are in their "before" pics and look like they are from another part of the world (or another planet) in the "after." I want to tell them, "don't reject the beauty your ancestors gave you, embrace it."

• Like Like x 2
  10. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    People's knees.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rootytooty

rootytooty Well-Known Member

Especially when those hit you in the groin.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Galvatross

There was a girl of an ethnicity from Glendale you and I know well. Her and her friend of the same ethnicity dressed really immodestly, with awful ripped pants and short shorts, and they tried to get the attention of a lot of guys, with the younger, shallower ones who haven't learned better going crazy over them. Anyway, this girl had an obvious nose job among other work, and it looked awful. With her skin tone and hair color, she looked like a much more feminine and less emaciated Michael Jackson, for lack of a better description.

And I hate the fake blonde or Kim Kardashian appearance that so many people of said ethnicity try to emulate rather than just be themselves. And speaking of Kardashians, Kim's natural appearance is actually really pretty. It's a shame women of many races feel they need to look like something to get attention or feel wanted.

You see, I hate the idea of uniformity, period, whether it's uniformity of appearance, or uniformity of opinion. When everyone is trying to look and think the same, people start to lose their uniqueness. The key to life isn't so much to be united with everyone and everything; it's to accept any division with grace.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Drangleic

Drangleic The ill mathematical

What about bee's knees? Those are supposedly pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wolfguard

Yeah, we're on the same page here. I was discussing this with my friend - their kids are going to be wondering why they don't look enough like mom + run the risk of getting those same insecurities passed down to them. Far worse a problem for anyone than appearance can ever be.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Galvatross

To make it even worse, the guys sometimes perpetuate it, to the point that I have literally seen and heard young Armenian guys from that area mock young women for not having such cosmetic procedures.

16. Wolfguard

Wow, eff that attitude! Exactly the kind of guys a girl should avoid. They aren't caring more for anything else other than outward appearances. People like that will never be satisfied or appreciate what they have.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Galvatross

This must be their anthem:

Which leads me to another pet peeve: Not only do I hate douchebaggery. It's one thing to be a douchebag and make a douchey video that represents everything wrong with that town. It's quite another to have little children in one's douchey video.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I hate responsibility without authority and authority without responsibility.

I also hate when employers/managers cry about how hard it is to find qualified technical people for projects while I sit bored out of my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wolfguard

LMFAO - I was just teasing my friend about Rabiz a couple of days ago.

:D 

20. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

- People who always say “no no no”, rather than just “no”.

- Repeating the last few words of the sentence/phrase one just said for emphasis. I see a lot of YouTube commentators - a lot of YouTube commentators - doing this and it’s very annoying. Very annoying.

- People with no awareness of their surroundings. Ties into the ‘no spatial awareness’ thing already brought up.

- The proper response to a “thank you” is “you’re welcome”, although “no problem” is also acceptable. “Uh huh” or “sure” are not.

Agreed. And, tangentially related, people who don’t use turn lanes correctly. Ie - They don’t actually get into the turn lane when it begins, but about halfway through...or even wait until they get right up to the turn before moving into said lane.

• Like Like x 1