What are your best and worst TF buys of 2016?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by plastic therapy, Dec 12, 2016.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best: CW Bruticus. Most of the Hasbro team is outright awesome on their own, with Brawl being the only true let down for me. Combined he is amazing. My favorite purchase in a long while.

Worst: TR Blurr. Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome figure and has an awesome alt mode. But as a kid I hated the Headmaster gimmick and buying Blurr reminded me why. If this figure had a static head (which could have been easily done) with a target master buddy he'd be perfect.

2. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I agree. Quakeblast is a spectacular figure. Definitely the most underrated figure of 2016

• Like Like x 1
  3. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I don't really have a best figure, as the TR line has been amazing for me. I love the original autobot and deception headmasters, Blaster and PMOP are amazing figures, and Astrotrain is a great update! Even the Titan Masters are fun little guys! The biggest surprise for me though was probably Mindwipe. I had pretty much written him off and only decided to grab him when Walmart put their deluxe at $9.88. I really really like that guy!

For unofficial/KO figures, the KBB MP Starscream is amazing (I know the official is being reissued, but I bought this one before that got announced). The only bad part is that now I'm dying to get the other two Seekers and I don't have the space for all three...

Worst figure would probably have to go to the random CW Ironhide I picked up on a whim. The mold isn't bad, as Trailbreaker is pretty good, but it just doesn't look or feel like Ironhide in the least. Wish I had saved the $15.

4. HellboyOne

HellboyOne Well-Known Member

IMG_6795.JPG No real worst choice for me. CW and TR has been a home run for this G1 fan. For best, however, nothing beats Galvatron. Especially after I gave him Cyclonus' combiner head. He was extremely disappointing before the head surgery. Now he makes me smile whenever I look at him.

Now I'm just waiting on the shapeways piece so his gun is in the right position..

Runner-up would be Bruticus with PE hands and feet and Menasor as individual bots. The Stunticons are just great looking when standing together.

5. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Sausage puns are the wurst

News Credits:
    No, that "honor" goes to the Fall of Cybertron line.

I do not have a best and worst yet, as the year is not over.

6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still like Galvatron mainly for his cannon mode. The fighter mode was really pointless. The Shapeways head really makes him look a lit better. I can't think of any bad figures this year. Its been a grand slam for Hasbro. Though I do wish there was a little more originality to the new Leader Soundwave though.

7. HellboyOne

HellboyOne Well-Known Member

I skipped Soundwave for that reason. And since Blaster scales well with MP Soundwave, they look great together.

8. Fallout

Fallout content in the same old schtick again

News Credits:
    Instagram:

god i'm so jealous. did you get it off the BST? i gave up on him and skywarp because i could never find a TC that was cheap and/or unstickered.

9. DesertDog

DesertDog is a Limited Edition redeco.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Mine did have the wing and tail stripes already applied but he's displayed in jet mode with Walmart Skywarp and "USA Edition" Starscream so he fits better with them on anyway. I got him at a collector show here in Calgary, and paid $450 CDN for him which is about $337 USD. Not cheap but cheap enough, plus no shipping or duties.

I really wish that I'd known about Masterpiece figures before I saw MP Acid Storm, I'd've saved a crap load of money. :scalper 

10. Matt TooFast4U

Matt TooFast4U Needs a life

Best of the year for me would have to be....well, pretty much every Titans Return deluxe I've bought so far. Special mention goes to Hot Rod, Hardhead, Blurr and Wolfwire.
    I was disappointed by Warrior Windblade: the mold is fine in places and beats the Generations but still has serious flaws. TAV Lockdown and Swoop reminded me of some of the serious flaws with the Animated toyline, exaggerated by plastic imperfections and flaking paint.
    But the worst of 2016 for me was Generations Thrilling 30 Nightbeat.
    Every single paint application on him was either sloppy, incorrectly coloured or missing altogether. And one of the knee joints has no friction whatsoever.
    He's not even that cool looking. Piece of slag.