What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Or you could just go solo with Trevor. That kind of replayability was rare back then. Funny thing is, a Trevor solo run was actually not as hard as one might think, since you didn’t need to make any detours to get another character and you could just take the shortest route to the end.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I got most of the way through a Trevor solo run, and I remember thinking how much quicker this was, but it was less fun without one of the others.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Currently on stage 4 of Radiant Silvergun (which I just D/Led from the eShop) for the Switch

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    American Truck Simulator heavily modded.

Honestly couldn't really see the appeal for a long time, but tried it out recently and now I get the fandom behind it. There is just something fundamentally relaxing about going on a road trip with some nice tunes.

You made a believer out of me on this one.

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Still on stage 4 of Radiant Silvergun, currently on the Penta boss (and managed to get 6 continues. Man, than game is tough AF even on Very Easy... stage 2 is just as hard as stage 4 :lol  )

6. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Still wading through Transistor, with a bit of The Minish Cap, and a bit of old school MvC1.

7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Currently on the last boss (I'm fighting... ULTRAMAN?! WTF?!) in Radiant Silvergun and up to 9 continues :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SD Gundam Battle Alliance! The game feels like the previous Musou or Dynasty Warriors but this time the shots actually do damage or rather damaging. A lot of grinding to do and I just managed to unlock the RX aka granddaddy Gundam!

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tactics Ogre Reborn! Just started it a really and it feels so glad to be back in the saddle of a good tactics RPG.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Friday the 13th
    Played a few rounds this weekend, since we just had a Friday the 13th.

Anyway, I’m in a cabin all alone and I come across a bear trap. Everyone sets these things up in front of the doors. Jason breaks through the doors & the idea is that he’ll step in it & you’ll get a few seconds to escape.

Except that everyone knows this and it rarely fools anyone. So I take my bear trap and I go further inside one of the cabins and set it up right in the middle of this rug with a fancy pattern on it. It blends in pretty well!

Easy enough to spot unless you’re in hot pursuit & not paying attention.

So everyone is either dead or has escaped by this point. I’m just spectating. It’s down to just 1 guy & Jason is hounding him like crazy. But this camp counselor is annoying as hell. He’s fairly skilled and able to run circles around Jason. Ripping on him, keeps yelling, “where you grabbing at?! Where you grabbing at?!” Literally starts going “la la la la la!!!” I’m rooting for Jason to kill this guy by this point.

The guy ducks into another cabin. Here comes Jason crashing through the door & the camper is back to bobbing and weaving. He runs through a door & RIGHT INTO MY BEAR TRAP!!!

It’s a full lobby & literally everyone screams “OHHHHHHH!!!!” I’m laughing my ass off!! Jason grabs him right out of the trap and kills his ass! I feel zero remorse. :lol 

11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Sprocket on Steam.

I could be building a tank in a tank building sandbox, but everyone knows that using sandbox games as they are intended is lame, so instead...

20230116192654_1.jpg

At nearly 50 tonnes of weight it still can reach 50 mph off-road, can climb over 40 degree slope and has so little control over its own inertia that it can be used for deforesting. Not a single tree around the trial ground was left standing when I was testing how well it drives. It only takes very vague suggestions from the steering.
    It's also so expensive that King Tigers look like tankettes in comparison.

12. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Just finished everything in Papers, Please. I really enjoyed it! It had a great arc of "this isn't so bad" to "holy crap! why are those so many regulations?" to "screw it. bring on the chaos". Very atmospheric, and it was fun to explore and find the different endings and coins. Can't complain for $5 on a sale. Recommended!

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I spent my snow day finishing the story to God of War Ragnarok. It was very good. I'm a bit sad I couldn't 100% everything before completing the game, but oh well. I did knock out a lot of progress beforethen though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

In Mario & Luigi Dream Team I got past the Mount Pajamaja boss and am now in DREAMY Mount Pajamaja.

In Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, I beat the Blooper boss in the Rogueport sewers and am now in Petalburg... wait wasn't that a town in Pokèmon?

15. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Finished Radiant Silvergun (Switch)... and huzzah for free play!

16. CygnusJaklynn

CygnusJaklynn Member

Twitter:
    Switch: Pokemon Violet, Mega Man X Legacy Collection
    PC: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, .Hack//GU Last Recode
    PS2: Seven Samurai 20XX, Vexx, Rogue Galaxy
    GC: Mega Man X Command Mission

17. Sean Richards

Sean Richards Banned

playing Towers of Time stuff for my Mortal Kombat 11 games for my Playstation 4 and X Box One S.

been using Sub Zero, Scarlet, Kabal, Liu Kang, Noob and Shang Tsung alot and to have the be used as AI to go through the matches quicker.

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Platinumed God of War Ragnarok a little bit ago. Damn that was a good game!!!

I hope the next one finally brings in the Egyptian gods.

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

We're back on Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

Took over a decade but I finally and definitely confirmed to my sibling that if you get out two monsters who both have the descriptor of 'can't attack this guy if someone else on the field', then you can't attack either of them and you're stuck drawing cards hoping for the Raigeki or something 'cause haha their big monster is unable to fight them.

Such a small thing and yet sooooooo satisfying to rub in their face.

20. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I’m now over 80 hours into Horizon Forbidden West. I’ve spent the last 20 or so hours only doing side quests and other stuff so I’m way overpowered for the next main quest task. Only just made it to the ruins of San Francisco (not a spoiler, it’s heavily featured in previews and the game’s own loading screen) and the recommended level for the next main task is 28…I’m at 42 :D