What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been playing through Fable Anniversary and just got Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 on pc. I'll be keeping busy for awhile

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'm in Chapter 5 of Lost Judgment. The story has been great so far, but man, the school story side missions are a total bore.

3. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

It's so much darker in scope than the usual Nintendo fare, to the point where you want to check the label on the cartridge every now and then to make sure you've got the right publisher.

Can't wait to see your reaction to some of the later parts of the game, especially the "side quests" and the interesting characters that inhabit them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I’m gonna put some time into it over the next several days…hopefully won’t take me as long to get through as Ocarina…provided I can stay focused.

• Like Like x 3
  5. gregles

gregles quintesson

This is page 666 of this thread so it seems fitting to mention how I have been playing through the Doom eternal dlc recently as I got a year one pass on sale through the PS4 store.

I beat the blood swamps yesterday and I’m probably about a third of the way through holt. I’m loving the added difficulty as some of the new dlc additions force you out of any comfort zone and complacent habits you might have gotten into as they often demand precision and difficult fast paced tactical decisions out of you.

The sadistic way the game allocates demons to you kind of reminds me of the amount of work that was allocated to me when I used to work in retail as the game sends a stupidly high number of demons your way to the point you have to really push yourself really hard to overcome these impossible seeming obstacles so when you finally get to the next stage rather than being congratulated for your efforts you are met by a stare of disappointment and asked to attempt twice as many demons this time.

Whilst the platforming and exploration is still the weakest element they do still give you a welcome break to the intensity of the combat. The combat in my opinion is pretty peerless as I can’t think of any shooting game right now that can rival for intensity and enjoyment of taking on so many enemies at once and having to think tactically and with precision to overcome the insane amount of threats heading your way.

The game still looks great with the dlc levels having nice new touches like the weather effects when outside on the first level looking particularly striking and it runs pretty smoothly on my PS4 despite lots happening at the same time.

Perhaps the next generation of consoles could push the over the top doom retro shooter formula to even more insane places with advancement in A.I and graphical processing power. I personally think there is room for slight improvement in the level structure too as if they adopted the get between campfire save points structure from the dark souls/blood borne/sekiro it could potentially free up the level design from being so linear and make the exploration for secrets and platforming bits feel a lot more meaningful and less constricted. So long as they keep some arena fight areas you definitely have to overcome and they don’t shoehorn in some cheap levelling up or overpowered builds nonsense to overcome fights I’m not against them tinkering with the formula a little.

As for a slight break from the intensity and difficulty of Doom Eternal I’ve been playing the Castlevania advanced collection mainly focusing on Arias of Sorrow. Considering the game wasn’t created for a large screen it looks great and doesn’t hugely change the formula from symphony of the night but it’s an enjoyable little metroidvania game that has intriguing characters/future setting and adds just about enough new stuff to make it feel fresh and worth playing. I’ve briefly played the other castlevania games in the compilation and the bringing back of a whip gives them an old slightly more difficult feeling castlevania action game meets the newer exploration focused post symphony of the night metroidvania so I may take the time to get through them when I am finished with this and Doom eternal.

Also given the 666 theme I am also playing Hades having done my third escape yesterday but I probably could be turning the heat up higher if I want to be progressing further.

• Like Like x 1
  6. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Been playing Prey 2017. Accidentally killed Dr Igwe, beat the game, and now I'm doing New Game+

7. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Astral Chain is a very interesting game. I haven't played a game in this genre for a while (Nier:Automata was probably the last) and it's a fun game to play slowly.

8. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m into JUDGMENT on PS5, with a little FORZA HORIZON on the side. I just finished LIFE IS STRANGE: TRUE COLORS, which I enjoyed.

I picked up Lost Judgment in the sale but I’ll need a palate cleanser before I jump into that. Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    How far are you into Judgment?

10. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    About halfway. Chapter 7 I think? I’m enjoying it immensely.

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yeah, I really loved the entire Alzherimers plot even though it was a tad predictable. I'm actually working on my review of the game right now. Hoping to have it out tomorrow.

Lost Judgment is quite good too, but there are some changes I don't like.

12. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    FF1- I'm leveling up in the Temple of Fiends Past. My Black Wizard is a 32, and the Red Wizard, Knight and Ninja are 31s. 4 Gas Dragons wiped out my team earlier this evening. Little shits. Maybe I'm not meant to be in that section of the Temple yet?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    My review for Judgment:

• Like Like x 1
  14. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finished playing THPS 1+2 some days ago, so that was a nice lil trip down memory lane.
    Now currently playing RE Village. Beaten 3 of the 4 "bosses" so I think I'm close to done with the campaign. I'll probably do another 1 or 2 playthroughs before moving on.

Looking forward to playing this one day. I heard it was the better of the three. I really loved the first one, so it's going to have to really impress me for me to think that.

15. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Warframing along. Things are going pretty well, all told, though I haven't picked up anything new in a while. Is it worth going clan-of-one and building a lone wolf dojo just for research stuff like Volt and Wukong?

Excal.: We do question the mustache.

And yes, mustacheframe for November. Even Mag.

16. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    Fortnite never ceases to impress with its “world ending” events. D2CACBC9-5322-4422-87D4-2CBDA2AB02C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. PredakingMaximus

PredakingMaximus Member

Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve. Also 666 pages, lel

• Like Like x 2
  18. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Been practicing in Halo: Infinite. Not ranked because I'm not nearly good enough for that. I managed to get Gold 1 after my first ten matches with a friend but I chalk that up to beginners luck. So I've been playing solo in quick play and I think I am finally getting better. As long as I stay relaxed I can consistently finish matches with a KD of about 16-6 and be either 1st or 2nd on the team. I'm getting better at weapon combos too, like using an energy weapon to break shields faster then swapping to the BR or Sidekick to finish them off.

19. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Divinity: Original Sin II. Phenomenal game so far. I've put about 24 hours into it over 2 weeks which is nuts for me. I don't know how long I'll last since I suck at it so much, but hey, it's been a blast so far.

20. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dying Light on the Switch and it runs surprisingly great on it