What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

After finishing the Minerva’s Den remastered DLC for Bioshock 2 (first time I’ve ever played the DLC for that game) I started on the Bioshock Infinite remaster.

BI is currently on my list of top 10 favorite games ever, and every time I start it I think it can’t possibly be as good as I remember…then I realize it is. GOD I love this f***ing game. The graphics, the gameplay, the setting, the music, the characters, the “infinite realities” aspect, the social commentary…
    The biggest criticism I read online about it is that many players think the combat in the 2 previous games is better, but I actually like this one better.

Once I finish it I’ll start on the DLC for it, which like the BS2 DLC I’ve never played. I’ve heard opinions on Burial at Sea are mixed, so I’m curious what it has in store.

2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'll have to look that mod up. The font isn't bothering me much, but might be fun to try out a style more fans seem to approve of.
    So far, it's certainly more forgiving than the NES version I started when I bought the NES Classic. If I had a complaint so far, it's that I'm unable to make it true full-screen, as in it's full-screen, but still has the window bar with the game's title on the top.

3. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Tsushima is more engrossing and story-laden than I had expected.

In related news, I am playing a TON of Ms. Pac-Man as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    This is what I use for games that do that :thumb 

Releases · Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Download the Borderless Gaming 9.5.6.exe. and run it to always start with Windows minimized to your taskbar. Then just set it per game/application that needs it and never see those bars again.

Untitled.png Untitled2.png

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. milly89

milly89 Well-Known Member

CS:GO right now. I'm improving my skills before tournament and pla it every single day, awesome game. I always check cs go scores and all info about CSGO live score and try to follow the best players to improve my skills. I want to take part in a few matches one day too. It's gonna be exciting!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  6. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just started Zelda BotW. Damn this thing frustrates me. I beat the first temple. Old Man has me go to the tower. Then tells me to scan the other three towers. I do. Then i try to talk to him. He keeps asking if I need help. I delete the markings and try again. I repeat this over and over for 20 minutes or so. Finally i look up guide. Oh you just go to the temples. That was not said. He said scan them. No scan and go to them.

Well did next temple just fine. Then i try the other two but keep freezing. I walk all around the edge. Nope. Finally after an hour i notice with cooking use peppers for heat resistance. Make a dish. Finally! Hit the 3rd temple. Now i need to make more peppers and hit fourth.

i like it, but damn this does not help you much.

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I've heard that the biggest problem with BotW is that Nintendo made a sandbox game from 2001 rather than a sandbox game from 2017. There's no direction at all. I've yet to have the time to even start BotW, but I know I'm going to looking up the guides like crazy for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I'm pokemoned out. I'm replaying Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Its not supposed to help you much. I personally found the Old Man's instructions a bit intrusive, given that it was supposed to be more like the original. And I'll never forgive that Zora for stopping me in a cutscene to tell me their prince wanted to meet with me, while I was trying to run away from a guardian. Little bastard one-shotted me, as soon as the scene was done.

9. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

TBH, the opening advice doesn't help very much. Scanning for temples is kind of pointless because most of the time, you can see them (the entrance ways are easily visible from faraway), or your Sheikah slate will start pinging off when you get close. The paraglider and climbing to a higher vantage point are usually all that you need to recon a position well.

Fight when you need to AND when you know you can win. In the beginning when you have only a few hearts, the roasted apples are good enough because the cooked dishes overheal you. Make sure you get the status buffing dishes early before you get to the regions that are too hot/too cold for Link. It's kind of chip-chip-chip away at the little side missions. Once you get Revali's gale, it gets easier, so find that one first.

10. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Playing Quake and quickly learning to hate Fiends.

Who's idea at Id was it to make a tanky, hard hitting enemy that leaps at you? Normally leaping enemies are a minor annoyance at best (Headcrabs, Flood Infection Forms), given how Quake came first, maybe that's why you don't see tough leaper enemies?

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My progress:

-Fallen Order at final boss

- Zelda BotW - Got through the 4 temples, got the glider, made it to second tower

- Mario Odyssey in the desert just beat inverted pyramid

Pokemon Pikachu - Beat Brock

12. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Splitgate - Halo but with portals. I'm not any good but as long as I don't get put in a Shotty Snipers match I still have fun with it.

Garden Paws - I spent $20 I shouldn't have on this Animal Crossing x Minecraft crossover but it's so fun and chill and my friends and I are gonna start a world so we have something to do when we need to destress

13. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m playing Psychonauts 2 on XBox. Definitely recommended and good god xcloud with game pass is amazing.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

I finally got Cresent isle to appear and I cought Cressilia. Also got an eon ticket and captured Latios. I've cought every legendary Pokémon in Alpha Sapphire. Now I can move on to another non-pokémon game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. openchallenge

openchallenge Shelves interlinked.

Noticed your earlier post. Consider the towers quick travel points that you can glide from. You have to pick and choose what you are capable of. When you get to new areas characters will start telling you what you should do but your character may need stuff from other areas before attempting it. I found a fetch quest for lightning arrows really hard and went to other areas. I eventually found the Lightning arrows for sale. The more you use towers and stables for quick travel you'll find yourself running back to other quests once you've learned or acquire something new.

16. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Aside from Final Fantasy, been playing more Street Fighter V with a friend online who moved across the country a couple years ago. While he'd been schooling me hard since he's more hardcore about it, it has given me more confidence to take my current SFV main Rainbow Mika to online casual matches much more often. Even just did my first ranked match in over half a year earlier today. There's no doubt that SFV is in it's twilight years now, but I'm going to continue getting the most out of it during the march towards Street Fighter 6.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Congratulations! Yay!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been playing Gears 5 Hivebusters, made it to Act I Chapter 6 and so far I'm enjoying it. Wouldn't mind a full game featuring these characters.

19. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m into the following:

- 13 Sentinels: it’s barely a “game” per se, more an interactive story with basic combat sequences. Still, I’m enjoying it in small bursts and it’s super chill to play.

- Tales of Arise: started this last night. Enjoying it so far. Combat is a bit reminiscent of FFVIIRemake, which I loved.

- Uncharted Lost Legacy: I’ve been playing the Tomb Raider reboot games, which I adore, so I decided to go back and blast through this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Playing Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster currently.

I can't believe it's been 25+ years :eek:  since I've gone through the game last on the SNES, but it still feels like yesterday.

• Like Like x 1