What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Playing Inside. Just lost my clothes and got absorbed into a blob of flesh and limbs.

This game took a weird turn....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Been playing a lot of Genshin Impact this week. I'd take part in the game specific thread here, but it's indecipherable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Been trying out the free version of "Final Fantasy XIV" in the evenings. It's all-right so far, still figuring things out since aside from "Star Trek Online", the last time I played any MMO was way back when "Star Wars Galaxies" and "City of Heroes" were new, but finally getting through some story progression quests on my last outing before bed. Still not in that "15 dollars a month" impressed yet, but curious.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finished The Medium a few days ago, and it's a game that did a pretty good job of showcasing the power of these 9th generation consoles. Rendering two worlds, each with a distinct art direction, demonstrates something I'm not entirely sure could run on older hardware. The story and music were also great, and the lore has a lot of potential, although it is very short game. It took roughly 5 hours to beat the game, and the simulationous dual world experience diid not have as much distinctive gameplay as I though it would. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

Now I move on to Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, and the latter currently has me hooked, as I love the mash-up of The Legend of Zelda lore taken from the various installments, and the hack and slash genre is very satisfying, more so than I thought. I might check Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity down the line.

5. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I bailed on Shadows of Mordor. The game play and asset design is immersive as it can be in the Middle Earth style, and the combat mechanics are an interesting update on the Batman mechanics. The levelling system and skills upgrade system is a bit rough, and the non-story missions get repetitive quickly. Worse, the difficulty scales non-incrementally between stages - the jump between the first two Talion stages makes the grind a bit unbearable. The change in the environment completely changes your combat options - playing out in the woods should allow for jumping up trees and skulking in the brush, but it's not.

I know there was a lot of love for it back in the day, but there's better, and I really don't have the time to grind through it. I gave it five hours, and it didn't meet the cut.

I moved onto Ghost of Tsushima. Into the first 40 minutes, and it's a much better game.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I decided to play something a little bit easier due to some recent events and will play Skyward Sword at a later time. I'm not giving up on it like I did with the Wii version i got at launch.

Playing Pokémon LeafGreen with all the knowledge I've gathered over the years. I'm using Pokémon i never really used before instead of the more popular ones like using a Alakazam and Dragonite.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Postal 2 was on sale on Steam for around $1.40 recently so I bought it. It's certainly not the best designed or programmed game in the world but setting people on fire and then pissing on them is always fun. I regret nothing! :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a gamer but lately I've been playing Star Trek Online because I van be a Klingon and that's awesome. That said, for as long as this game has been out, it's rough. I don't find anything smooth about it in the least and some of it is over complicated so I'm already pretty much done with it after just one week. Flying a bird of prey is pretty much the stuff of dreams so I can't complain about that but outside of space battles it's just not very interesting gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crown_Athlete

I got up to AR Level 23 in Genshin Impact.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Tsushima is a great open world game. I can see a lot of Sucker Punch in this game, along with some great new elements (wind as your objective guide? Brilliant!) to explore. It's a hard game that rewards some thinking about what you're tactically doing, which I appreciate. I look forward to shooting more arrows and showdowns.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    SoR4- I've got all 3 files occupied so I can unlock all the people. I recently unlocked all 3 SoR1 chars. Admittedly I wish they'd let me unlock Skate before SoR2 Blaze and Axel, because he's cool. I tried out Floyd for the first time. The good, holy shit he's powerful! Don't think I've ever killed bosses and cue balls so quickly. The bad, he's slow as hell, and his reach is painfully short. So I won't be using him often, but I will every now and again. Axel and Adam are better bruiser types. I like him slightly better then Cherry, who is his polar opposite, in that she's fast but has weak attacks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought the DLC for HW:Age of Calamity so I've been playing that for the past several days.
    It did help push me back into playing this game because I never did do all the end game stuffs. One of those characters practically requires you to beat every mission/challenge. Not a huge fan of these "do everything in the game to unlock this character that you probably won't play as because you've burned yourself out that you're already to move on to a different game (again)."
    I would say I have less than 10 challenges to go, but some times 1 or 2 new challenges will unlock after completing one.

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Played more of Judgment today and finally have access to the side missions. Also the drone races but fuck those things right now!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Venixion

News Credits:
    Beat SoR4 a few nights ago. I unlocked Max and Skate. I tried some of the 1 and 2 characters out, and some of them still feel good to play. I didn't care for SoR2 Max. If Floyd moves like pond scum in a stiff breeze, Max moves like molasses in the arctic.

Systematically cleaning out Team Rocket floor-by-floor at Silph Co. in Yellow, because I got fed up trying to catch a Pinsir for trade. Ended up catching Pinsir in Crystal and dropped it off at the Daycare, will trade to daughter when it levels to 30.

Restarted Majora's Mask. Just cleared Woodfall last night.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Finished Pokémon LeafGreen yesterday and started HeartGold picking Totodile and nicknaming it Godzilla.
    Thinking of what other Pokémon to add to my team and what to name them.

I forget you can trade Pokémon from gen 2 with Gen 1.

MM is my favorite game of all time. Going for a 100% completion?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Haven't had much time for games really.

Though one nights when my partner is free, we play Paper Mario: Origami King. She loves it, really is a fun game. We're just on our way to the great sea after the sandpaper desert arc.

Mostly though I am just popping into ACNH to see if anyone has gifted me their remaining villager photos or trying to clear Happenstance Island in Pokemon Quest.

Currently working with a Shiny Alakazam, a Farfetch'd and a Machamp jus under 24000 points.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Venixion

News Credits:

I wish we'd gotten LG/FR on the eshop instead.

Nah, I could never get the hang of several mini games, or the stupid Goron section of the Moon. I actually prefer beating Majora without the mask. He's the most fun boss in the game, but he's not that tough. It's a total squash fest with the Fierce Deity Mask.

18. Crown_Athlete

Finishing up the Liyue story section of Genshin Impact.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finished Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. A very artistic game, with a great and deep voice acting, paired with a decent fighting gameplay, and I’m excited to see where the sequel goes. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the puzzle segments, as they were either too simple, or required a lot of back tracking, but otherwise, a game worth playing via Gamepass.

Now I’m moving on to Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, as I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition a lot, and I’ve heard this entry is even better than that one. Plus, it should help me with the wait until the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild comes out.

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Still pumping away at Genshin Impact...but also started Bomber Crew. As a WWII buff this game was irresistible to me and I love it. It's a stressful little gem where you have to micromanage the crew of an Avro Lancaster heavy bomber doing bomber things. There's just the right amount of chaos and stress where it gets hectic but not too overwhelming.

Has a great mission flying over the Channel to bomb a munitions factory and I swear a whole goddamn Jagdgeschwader jumped me on my return trip back to RAF Woodbridge. Shot my plane to pieces and I've lost two engines, but the critical damage was that they shot out one of my landing gear. My plane made the best crash landing I could but the game decided that was good enough to get an "return home" bonus. Haha!

• Like Like x 1