What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Anyone got tips to beat Rocket Rush? They don't give me enough fuel to go back up. I'm so frustrated. Screw you Rare! Buncha jerks. :banghead: 

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Superman Returns. A movie game done right

3. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Started playing Genshin Impact on PS4. I have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun and free so far...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Got Exit the Gungeon, love these games so much.

Having a hard time mastering the changed dodge-roll mechanics and the new boss setups since I'm so use to how Enter the Gungeon worked.

Though after several runs as the Pilot I made it to The Last Dragun which is insanse. Going to be a while before I get as good as I was in Enter.

I'll be honest though, this game is much more streamlined and faster due to the elevator level design and the inventory has also been limited. So not sure entirely my thoughts on this, but I still love the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Finally got around to staring a new character on Terraria and playing the latest "Absolutely Definitely Final No Really We Mean It This Time" patch.

Wonderful game, even after so many years and so many hours played. Still guilty I only payed a few quid for it on a steam sale.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

D3 on Switch is a ton of fun, still.

Started Shadows of Mordor on PS5, and it's... OK.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished The Legend of Zelda: Skywards Sword HD.

A great way to play the game, with a higher resolution, 60FPS, better controls and great gameplay.

While it is clear Breath of the Wild build and improve many elements Skyward Sword did, and I think it needs a bit more quality of life improvements, such as an inclusion of a mini-map, it was still a fun experience, and nice to see the return of dungeons in the style used in previous Zelda games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scowly Prowl

Moved off of the hardest mode on Shadows of Mordor. That helped playability immensely.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Wii Punch Out!! This is the second time I've ever gotten past Soda Popinkski...I'm not looking forward to Bald Bull, I have only faced him twice on the NES and Wii respectively,and he whooped my sorry ass.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Skyward Sword HD. I'm at the ancient pirate ship about to free the crew when the battery got low and now recharging the Switch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I started Judgment today. It's like they took Yakuza and LA Noire and combined them together. Pretty enjoyable so far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. milly89

milly89 Banned

I play loot boxes games and often buy legal mystery boxes. I love to play games where I can win smth cool. It's so exciting and it's a win-win game! That's why I started playing and I hope I'll win smth cool this time, that's entertaining. Wish me good luck.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is now available via Game Pass on XBO and man, what a trip down memory lane. I love it. Can't put the controller down...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Playing Inside. Just lost my clothes and got absorbed into a blob of flesh and limbs.

This game took a weird turn....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Been playing a lot of Genshin Impact this week. I'd take part in the game specific thread here, but it's indecipherable.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Been trying out the free version of "Final Fantasy XIV" in the evenings. It's all-right so far, still figuring things out since aside from "Star Trek Online", the last time I played any MMO was way back when "Star Wars Galaxies" and "City of Heroes" were new, but finally getting through some story progression quests on my last outing before bed. Still not in that "15 dollars a month" impressed yet, but curious.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finished The Medium a few days ago, and it's a game that did a pretty good job of showcasing the power of these 9th generation consoles. Rendering two worlds, each with a distinct art direction, demonstrates something I'm not entirely sure could run on older hardware. The story and music were also great, and the lore has a lot of potential, although it is very short game. It took roughly 5 hours to beat the game, and the simulationous dual world experience diid not have as much distinctive gameplay as I though it would. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

Now I move on to Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, and the latter currently has me hooked, as I love the mash-up of The Legend of Zelda lore taken from the various installments, and the hack and slash genre is very satisfying, more so than I thought. I might check Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity down the line.

18. Scowly Prowl

I bailed on Shadows of Mordor. The game play and asset design is immersive as it can be in the Middle Earth style, and the combat mechanics are an interesting update on the Batman mechanics. The levelling system and skills upgrade system is a bit rough, and the non-story missions get repetitive quickly. Worse, the difficulty scales non-incrementally between stages - the jump between the first two Talion stages makes the grind a bit unbearable. The change in the environment completely changes your combat options - playing out in the woods should allow for jumping up trees and skulking in the brush, but it's not.

I know there was a lot of love for it back in the day, but there's better, and I really don't have the time to grind through it. I gave it five hours, and it didn't meet the cut.

I moved onto Ghost of Tsushima. Into the first 40 minutes, and it's a much better game.

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I decided to play something a little bit easier due to some recent events and will play Skyward Sword at a later time. I'm not giving up on it like I did with the Wii version i got at launch.

Playing Pokémon LeafGreen with all the knowledge I've gathered over the years. I'm using Pokémon i never really used before instead of the more popular ones like using a Alakazam and Dragonite.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Postal 2 was on sale on Steam for around $1.40 recently so I bought it. It's certainly not the best designed or programmed game in the world but setting people on fire and then pissing on them is always fun. I regret nothing! :cool: 

• Like Like x 1