What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    And I have now completed Kiwami!!!

151577726_3351797868255642_1163876496832883813_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky Force Reloaded on XBox One X. Love this series. Sounds incredible, looks incredible, and so cheap. $10.00!
    I have the first one, this is a sequel, and I can't put it down. I love it. I hope another one is coming at some point...

• Like Like x 1
  3. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Still playing the original Doom. I feel a like I understand how to play it more now. I got 100% secret on the hallway level

• Like Like x 1
  4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Replaying Ultra Sun with Pokemon I haven't yet used on a team, hatching eggs to get them all at the start.

Thus far, we got Zorua, Dewpider, Morelull, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Geodude and the boss of the bunch, Jangmo-o. This gone be fun!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finished Ryse: Son of Rome, and I found it more enjoyable than anticipated. The graphics and stories are very good, even in 2021. That CryEngine really is a technical marvel.

The combat was decent, even if it is a bit basic, and although the game can be repetitive, I never found the story mode boring. Ashame that it's unlikely a sequel will come out, but I had a fun time hacking and slashing enemies as a Roman.

Also, I'm playing Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. The game is still a fun, and I am to complete it, while correcting history; you see, I almost completed the game when it originally came on the Wii U, but technical issues resulted in my save file being corrupted. Fortunately, cloud saves means I won't face this issue again :p 

6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I started Yakuza Kiwami 2 today. I completed the first three story chapters, a bunch of side missions, and then grinded quite a bit in order to max out my main stats only to access Limit Break versions of them. At first I thought that meant I was going to get some cool ass attacks FFVII style, but it's just more of the same. :lol 

The gameplay is very different compared to the previous two entries, so it took me some time to get used to how it plays. Not to mention graphically it is impressive.

Some of the new attacks were wicked badass though. I tossed a guy crotch first onto a passing by boat and another I threw into over the counter of a convenience store and the employee microwave his head.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

I started Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. I’ve played the first one before, most recently in 2018, but never the second one.

Lightsaber combat and force lightning seem a bit useless outside of certain situations. The best strategy seems to be to force push everyone to death. It is kind of funny to watch them rag doll around. Reminds me of the 2D Clone Wars series with how far they go flying. All in all, I’m having fun.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OnTheWall

OnTheWall TF Pixel Sprite Artist

Instagram:
    Recently started playing Sniper Elite III, and the X-Ray kill-cam shots when your sniper bullet destroys an enemy's face or body are pretty gruesome! :D 

I also just started doing the first batch of Heists on GTA V.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

Just short of 100 hours, I completed the Dragon Quest XI story last night. And there’s still more after the credits....YES PLEASE. I f***ing love this game. I’ll take anything more it will give me. I don’t think I’ve ever sunk 100+ hours into a game and have it feel as short as this one. I still have some of the Tickington stuff and the Wheel of Harma to do.

If it has a weakness, it’s that the main conflict against the chief baddie is pretty basic. But that’s not the point. The point is the characters and their relationship with each other. They all have crystal clear motivations for joining you, they all have their own arc, and they all care about one another very much.

Another small weakness is the orchestral score is not quite as good as DQVIII, but it still has its standout tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I beat it on PS4 AND Switch. Love it.

11. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    No More Heroes. Shinobu is kicking my ass.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Guilty Gear Strive beta/demo. Playing on PS4 but hoping I can get a PS5 by the time it releases in April.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Noble1skull

Noble1skull Is secretly livid all the time

So I started playing MGS3 and oh my God these controls. Their so bad! It feels so odd and uncomfortable trying to fit my fingers across the controller just to aim and shoot. Everything feels clunky and awkward too.

But then again, what should I expect from a 16 year old game?

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just started Control and DAMN it's so cool. As a big SCP fan this game hits all the right notes for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

Are you playing the original version or Subsistence?
    IMO, the camera in the original release makes it nearly unplayable. The improvements Subsistence introduced elevated it to my favorite in the series. Though I guess the controls are still clunky by today’s standards.

16. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A friend of mine and I hopped into Valheim last night. I'm not a fan of the graphics quality but the game play was really fun. We worked long enough to beat the first big boss and get a small base set up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Noble1skull

Noble1skull Is secretly livid all the time

I think I'm playing the original. I'm playing it through that HD combo pack of MGS II and III. So I'm pretty sure it isn't subsistence.

Nevermind it is Subsistence and I'm an idiot

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Spent a few hours in Yakuza 2 grinding. Fully maxed out my main stats, so I felt like I could move the story along only to now enter into the Cabaret Club stuff, so I guess I'll be spending the next week working on that instead. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Avatar by @Shadefish1

Tumblr:
    I beat Halo 4 on Normal!

• Like Like x 1
  20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just wanna gush about Control, can I do that here? Still plugging away at it. Lost 4 hours to it yesterday and I didn't even realize.

While enemy variety isn't quite there, they're challenging and forces you to use all of your abilities to really succeed. The sound design is wonderful with minimal music, letting the Hiss broadcasts act as the ambiance to the game. It makes lots of areas creepier as a result. Character design is great with this almost retro feel, and the environment of The Oldest House is wonderful despite it being a brutalist government office building.

Absolutely adore this game.

• Like Like x 1