What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Another dream game arrived and I just started playing 30 min ago. Megaman x4 Sega Saturn version. image.jpg EEDF6212-52A0-46DC-9DE3-41F14EA6ACC2.jpeg

also I’m playing Resident Evil Deadly Silence on the DS. Anyone use the trick in the gardening room inside the mansion that skips using the chemical inside the water pump? Just learned about it last night and certainly helps save a small amount of time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Just beat X4 on Saturn same day I got it. Overall love this version, I’m not as good at it using a Saturn controller but it’s still fun!
    96CEEC9E-0360-4D10-8C5E-2CB8B6ABB957.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Continued Yakuza Kiwami today. Only completed one chapter for the story but I did a lot of side missions and stuff. Also, for some reason Majima is now just smoking a cigarette by the bums' area, so I guess I can't do anything with him right now, which sucks.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DrWho42

DrWho42 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    star trek online. just finished playing tos starfleet and it jumps ahead to the 25th century.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Still in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete on switch. Been mostly collecting and leveling up at least 3 dozen Digimon. My main team consists of Justimon, Sakuyamon and BlackWarGreymon. All above mega Digimon and all above level 75.

I've played through the story. rather dark, really. Just started chapter 16. Currently side-questing Datamon's request.

I never knew there was a Saturn version. The hunt begins.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Went through Chapters 6-8 today of Yakuza Kiwami along with doing a ton more side missions and Majima stuff I could. I have to say I am getting really frustrated with the combat system though. It is no where near as fluid as it was in 0 and being surrounded by enemies has become a pain in the ass because I'm lucky if I can get one or two hits on an enemy before another one hits me from behind. Very annoying. I also don't like how boss battles pretty much resort to standing around trying to get behind an opponent to hit them once or twice before having to dodge their onslaught of attacks again and then repeating the same process over. I had this one fight with this Chinese dude that started out kind of fun, but dragged on to the point of boredom. Same with a fight I had with one of Komaki's soldiers (who was totally not Majima in disguise).

• Like Like x 2
  7. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

I bought the Castlevania collection on PSN for $5 during their previous sale. I’ve been playing each game off and on. It’s taking a while to get those latent skills back; I used to be able to play through CV 4 easily without dying but last night I found myself dying in the stupidest places. I was actually kind of embarrassed, but I shouldn’t be considering how long it’s been since I played through it in full.

Also still plugging away at Dragon Quest XI S. 90 hours in now and the story is still going, and that’s a good thing. Jeebus Christmas, this might be one of the best JRPGs I’ve ever played. I think I even like it better than DQVIII. Kudos to the game for taking what IMO was the weakest party character (personality-wise) and giving her some major development in the late game. Really makes you feel for her. The story is pretty standard, but the game’s focus is more on the characters and their relationships to each other.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I feel your pain. For me, it was getting used to the position and feel of the buttons on the controller. When you've been away from the NES controller for 25 years, it takes a while for it to come back.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    1. What Castlevania collection? I thought Limited Run hadn't released that yet.
    2. I also seem to have issues with 4 as well. I played through the entire game in a weekend back when it first came out but now I struggle to get halfway through and I have no idea why. Myabe I should give it a try on the SNES Classic as I've heard there's something called a rewind function that lets you redo things you messed up on. It might help. Well, maybe just playing the game with its original controller might help since the Wii's Classic Controller never felt natural to me.

10. DrWho42

DrWho42 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    i started up the sims 4 the first time in forever. i switched careers from triple agent to actress (admittedly a step down).

• Like Like x 1
  11. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime WORLD CHAMPS! Chop on!

It doesn’t help that I’ve never been a fan of the Sony style control pad. It feels imprecise when playing games that require pixel-perfect movement. I had the same problem with Mega Man 11.

This is the Castlevania Anniversary Collection. It includes CV 1-4, the 2 Game Boy games, Bloodlines and Kid Dracula.
    Fortunately this collection allows a save state for each game. I’ve been using it liberally to mitigate the frustration at my waning skills ;) 
    I know the SNES Classic is an option, but for me the difference in price between a Classic and the $5 I spent on PSN is worth small control issues :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Picked up Soulcalibur VI on the ending Steam sale. Now doing PIP with the PS4, manually copying 80+ Create-A-Souls over to PC.

Needed a break from GTA Online and Cayo Perico grinding between both platforms :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've defeated John Seed and liberated the Holland Valley from the Peggies. Now working on the Henbane River region and let me tell you, I fucking hate Faith. She's so goddamn creepy the way she just appears out of nowhere.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    Now that Stardew Valley 1.5 hit consoles Thursday, I'm finally getting all those golden walnuts!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Picked up Yoshi's Crafted World and played a bit yesterday. I know others complain that its too easy, and I can understand that complaint since the excellent YI hits that sweet spot in terms of challenge. But for me, its exactly what I've been looking for. A cute, relaxing, pleasant game. Its co-op too, and my daughter and I have been enjoying it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    My only real problem with it is it felt like a bad sequel to Woolly World.

17. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Here’s what I’m currently playing/recently played:

• The Medium (Xbox): Just finished the story. The front half is good and it has some clever ideas but I found the second half pretty half baked. Good Game Pass game, wouldn’t recommend purchasing.
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox): Literally one of the best games I’ve ever played. I’m almost at the end. Has a lot of the bits I liked about Hollow Knight but not so punitively difficult. Gorgeous game too, especially on Series X.
    • Hitman 3 (PS5): Love it. I’m working through the entire trilogy in no particular order. It’s great to pick up and play and it’s so fun to plot the kills. Remarkable.
    • A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5): I’m about a third of the way through this. It is brilliant. Horror in the truest sense of the word, insofar as you have to do a lot of very horrific things. Stealth is a bit clunky though.
    • Ghost of Tsushima (PS5): Towards the start of this. Looks gorgeous on PS5. Could be a native PS5 game to be honest. Gameplay hasn’t clicked yet though.
    • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Xbox): I actually like this a lot but I’m 30 hours in and nowhere near the end so I need to take a break.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Nearly done with Yakuza Kiwami. I'm at the tail of Chapter 11, need two more things from Majima to finish off the Dragon of Dojima stats, and have three more side missions left. Now obviously I'm nowhere near done on the challenges list since fuck the minigame requirements.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I continued the story in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition, made it to the point where Crusadermon is using Examon to kill the human race from existence. Examon is a red European style dragon Digimon and is FREAKIN GIGANTIC!!! My team of BlackWarGreymon, Justimon and Sakuyamon along with Gallantmon and Magnamon helping out fought this beast.

4 of the Digimon used their best attacks and barely scratched it. I mean it was dropping HP but barely. I used BlackWarGreymon's Black Tornado attack and got high HP damage. But only 1 pixel dropped.

It ran away and one of the human characters named Arata infected himself purposely with an enemy called Eaters, some kind of weird digital creature but not a Digimon, and now he is part eater and absorbed Gallantmon. As far as I know, Gallantmon is dead.

Continued with the sleuthing part of the game. Taking a case of urban legends in the Nakano Broadway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Playing MHW “No Remorse, No Surrender” and I think I have hit a wall...fought both flame lions 3x and end up losing because of the time limit...arrghhh...