What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

DQXI update:
    I’m about 60 hours in, and I don’t feel like I’m anywhere near the end (and that’s a good thing). Wow this game has a lot of content. At the 50 hour mark there was a
    Final Fantasy VI
    moment, and I’m still trying to
    get the crew back together.

I knew I was invested when the other night I had a moment when I was genuinely afraid something bad would happen to
    the people of Cobblestone. I had recently found out they survived (and I give the game a HUGE amount of credit for making that a character-building moment for Hendrik instead of just being contrived), but then they had to fend for themselves while Hendrik and I take out the baddies. I was really afraid I would get back and Gemma and/or the hero’s mother would be dead.

BTW, Sylvando so far is the best thing about this game. He’s an absolute riot, his voice acting is great, and despite his flamboyance he’s a deceptively strong warrior (and there’s a reason behind it too).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Finally beat Like a Dragon and it was great, possibly my new favorite Yakuza game.

3. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Just beat Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ for the first time, on hard mode. Just found out there’s an extreme mode. Not gonna even try that, at least not any time soon xD
    FA54AE05-8385-48C4-A9B8-310DE56CAABD.jpeg
    BDE86EBB-43B6-49D3-A859-737772569BEB.jpeg
    Next to beat for DS, Solatorobo Red The Hunter. Any here played this before? I’m probably an hour-ish into the game so far and liking it.
    image.jpg

4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My friend Hannah's playing REsident Evil 2's remake to fulfill her Extra life charity promise from 2020. Last night she danced with Mr. X, he's really stressing her out!

Twitch

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My favorite moment was when she was running down the third floor balcony while being chased by Mr X and runs into the zombie next to the clock tower door. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta rewatch and clip it at some point. I'm also looking into GPU upgrades, I figured an RX 480 would be enough but I don't notice any issues with our internet connection (130ish down and 12 up you'd think would be fine for streaming)

7. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    MMZ4-Its going well, I'm kinda switching back n forth between two files atm and making chips. I love this game.

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Still in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition.

Most of my Digimon are in Ultimate level and having some difficulty of a few Digimon reaching Mega level. Especially Tokomon digivolving to Lucemon.

I continued to the story and there are some dark elements and other stuff (prerogative female outfis) that I do not recommend to those under the age of 13.

I'm in chapter 6 and heading to the internet called EDEN. I read that I have to battle a GoldNumemon. I hate numamon and sukamon.

9. Venixion

News Credits:
    We were playing Smash online, we get a Ganondorf and Donkey Kong pair. Ok fine, so these two musta been like tagteam bullies at their school, because they were in our faces constantly.

Her Kirby got wiped out quickly, and Donkey Kong kept grabbing me, while Dorf walked over and literally spanked poor Pit on the butt like a naughty toddler for the duration of the match. It was effective, but seriously, what the hell kinda tactic is that?!

It was embarrassing.

Why do we always get stuck with the weirdos?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally finished Super Mario Galaxy, and it’s definitely the best of the three within Super Mario 3D All Stars.

There’s a lot of variety, in terms of levels, enemies and boss fights. Even the world building was great, and that’s something not this series really focuses on, with the exception of Sunshine which was a...interesting case.

Even redoing the levels was fun, since they had different modes, and the soundtrack is wonderful to listen to. Plus, the visuals, performance and enhancements made this 13 year old game still good looking, and great to play.

One criticism I have is that I wish the camera wasn’t that restrictive, although it wasn’t at any point the main reason why I would fail a stage. Another is that the power ups feel a bit redundant, since they are restricted to specific stages and therefore feel gimmicky.

But, I’d happily go back and play some more levels within Super Mario Galaxy.

Now, I’m waiting for Super Mario 3D Worlds + Bowser’s Fury to come, but I might be able to squeeze in a bit of Yakuza 3.

11. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Ah, Smash online, where a pleasant evening can turn sideways...

My kid says Kirby's "cutter" can keep just about everyone at bay. She uses this to deadly/effective/annoying efficacy, and regularly squishes her friends to apparent glee. The thing is, Ganondorf's recovery and tendency to be left wide open makes him intimidating, but eminently beatable. DK and Ganondorf is a strange pair.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Venixion

News Credits:
    We've seen some very strange duos online.
    Two former president brawlers
    R.O.B and King K. Rool
    Isabelle and Sephiroth
    ZSS and a Witch Swordfighter

We played some more today as Sephiroth and Mega Man.

• Like Like x 1
  13. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I've been trying to finally play Far Cry 5 since I've had it on my PC for about 2 years but it keeps crashing so it looks like I can't play it until I get a new GPU.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Back at Smash Bros. Few things are more satisfying that hitting that perfect skewer with Ridley.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Noble1skull

Noble1skull Tra nsforme rs

The destroyer? Dead.
    The twins? Also dead.
    Skeletron? Oh, he is sooo dead.
    Im comin' for you, Plantera.

• Like Like x 4
  16. gregles

gregles quintesson

I’m still chipping away at Hallow knight and loving it getting to 95% complete.

Earlier on when you are playing the game you go through a phase when you feel overwhelmed by its scale to the point where you say the phrase (adopts Chandler from Friends voice) could there be anymore levels?. It really does feel when you are in that phase that every time you turn around a new corner you discover a whole new level to discover and explore.

I still have the last battle in the coliseum of fools to finish and that dream place where the level design and the level of precision required to progress suddenly goes very super meat boy so I have been putting off beating the titular Hallow Knight in case it signals an ending that is either difficult or impossible to return back from to finish these levels. Does anyone here know if I can kill the Hallow Knight safe in the knowledge I can easily finish these other areas after? I imagine it’s probably possible as I’m sure the developers of this game are aware that people chase the percentages and won’t want to make it awkward at the end.

The game design is pretty perfect throughout and I like how everything serves a purpose and the game isn’t cluttered with a load of generic swords and they haven’t added loads of pointless crap like how bloodstained did a load of nonsense with food. The exception to this is at about halfway through the game the in game currency becomes a bit pointless as there is nothing left to spend your cash on so I’m just accumulating loads of it on the off chance there is something to spend it on right at the end.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I started Yakuza Kiwami today and honestly the only thing I don't like about the game is having to start all over on my abilities. UGH!!! I wish they could have carried all of my data over, but it's cool, it wasn't designed that way. I was shocked at how quick the first three chapters flew by, though I guess that's because there really isn't any exploration that can be done during that time. The funeral fight stuff was pretty cool. Story wise, I just met this little girl who I'm going to guess is the daughter of Yumi and the Yakuza guy that raped her. I'm getting annoyed trying to find Majima though. According to everything I've read online, he's supposed to be hiding under a traffic cone, but I've gone through the city four times over and he isn't in a single one of the giant traffic cones, at least that I could find. Maybe I'm missing one, but I don't think so as I spent an hour searching for him. Very annoying. I did get a laugh when he appeared dressed as a cop though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Noble1skull

Noble1skull Tra nsforme rs

Plantera and Golem down. I believe the next boss is Lunatic Cultist?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finished Yakuza 3 Remastered. It definitely was a bit shorter than I expected, but nonetheless, it’s still a great game.

Story is still as strong as ever, and the combat is pretty good, even if I’ve been spoilt with the remakes and Zero. The themes and plot twists were very satisfying, and the ending has kinda made me want to play 4 - 6.

I’m also surprised as to how well the game plays and looks on the PS4. Kinda wish it had been patched to take advantage of 4K, but still good nonetheless.

Now, time to wait for Super Mario 3D Worlds + Bowser’s Fury to come.

20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I am so close to beatinf Terraria's Calamity Mod. Yharon keeps kicking my ass, though.

Do Duke Fishron, first.

• Like Like x 1