What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Rediscovering and enjoying SoulCalibur III again, this time on a decent PC. Even with a modest upscale, PS2 looks fantastic!

gsdx_20210117205509.png

Finally figured out how to move and convert my memory card saves to PCSX2 too :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  2. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of my friends bought me Hades and I love it. Also been working on AC Odyssey and got most of the map cleared side quest and location wise :D  Still playing ESO and Guild wars 2 as well and they're still my favorite mmos even though both have become incredibly glitchy over the years :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Uncharted 3; Just got through pirate chaos within a junkyard base and currently scaling and shooting my way up the side of a shipwreck.
    Animal Crossing New Horizons: Just enjoying the day to day.
    Pokemon Cafe Mix: On Master Mode for the 3rd time trying to solely feed a Chansey cause my team is MIA atm, on phase 6 out of 9 to get it to join. 7 days left.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Been going through some stressful times since 2021 started, triggering some depression (not here to discuss that), so haven't let myself play too much variety aside from some Star Trek Online, which I can do at least casually since I can just put in Duty Officer and Admiralty ship missions, though I did have fun going through a series of quests that take place in Nimbus III from "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier". Also been popping in some Street Fighter V to stay on top of whatever Extra Fighting Promo is going on.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've been really itching to finally play Mario Odyssey along with getting back to the new heist in GTA Online, so naturally what game did I decide to play today? I started Yakuza 0. :lol 

It's a lot different from what I was expecting, and yet, I couldn't put it down. I played it for nearly 8 hours today. Got what I'm going to assume is halfway through Chapter 2. The story's been really good thus far and I'm having a blast pumpeling enemy faces into walls and the sidewalk. It is odd having slammed a car door into a guy's face only for him to be lying on the ground recovering from his fight after it is over though. I will say though, the boss of Chapter 1 was a pain in the ass because I was creaming every enemy like nothing but suddenly it was just the difficulty jumped up two levels for the boss fight. There's another dude that I haven't been able to beat either who steals all of your money if you lose against him, so I've had to make sure I save my game before I tackle him so I can reload my game if I can't beat him. He kills you in like 3 hits, whereas I had hit him like 40 times and he still wasn't down.

• Like Like x 4
  6. gregles

gregles quintesson

I’ve been playing Hallow Knight because I got it as a free PS4 plus game a few months ago and whilst I initially found it off-putting once you pay using in game currency to upgrade your map it all makes a lot more sense and becomes a pretty perfect game.

It looks beautiful and unique and plays pretty similarly to castlevania symphony of the night but the difficulty is slightly higher which I think is a positive thing despite it being occasionally frustrating as my only problem with that old game is that it can get a bit easy once you figure it out and have levelled up loads. The level design is pretty amazing as there is absolutely loads to discover in these levels once you get exploring.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

12 Chapters into Like a Dragon and I'm stuck on the boss fight with X and Y(not going to spoil who they are). I did all 30 floors of the battle arena and am still getting my ass handed to me when Y jumps in.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Resident Evil 2 remake. I pass through the Ada Wong part in the second round of Leon.

Got bit twice but made it through. I saved in front the incinerator and switched to Claire's scenario to make it pass Sherry's playthrough. I get nervous through Ada's but Sherry's is much less stressful. I ran out of time and I'll continue tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  9. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Tonight Streets of rage 1 again. Trying to beat 1-3 before trying the new one that just arrived. But they’re are harder to complete than I remember
    474ED69A-D3C8-4AB8-8705-E98273DB5375.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well I had the weirdest experience in Yakuza 0 today. First off, I did a mission that resulted in a child getting a video game stolen by a high schooler. After I beat up the high schooler, it turns out the game was stolen from him by another dude, and then that dude gets the game stolen from him by a Yakuza guy. It was freaking hilarious. Following that, I did a mission that was titled, "How To Train Your Dominatrix." My god, these are hilarious. I just finished Chapter 2 and the next chapter introduces a new character named Majima, who I guess is another staple of the series and the dude is already a badass. He kicked the ass of a drunk dude who hit his club staff without laying a single hit on him AND got him to pay for his entire club's drinks for the rest of the night. DAMN!!

• Like Like x 4
  11. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Metal slimes are my new best friend :D 
    DQ XI S, I'm about 36 hours in now. About to fight a boss but found a statue just before it that heals you and saves, so I decided to wander a bit do some leveling first. Ran into 2 Liquid Metal Slimes...and BOTH stuck around....BOOM, 20,000 EXP :eek: 
    Did some more wandering and ran into a few more that didn't run. Gained 3-4 levels in a span of about 20 minutes. WOW.
    I think I'll stick around this area a bit longer...

SOR3 was always the hard one for me, with that stupid level with the doors, and you have to find just the right one to stop the timer before you die. Never finished it until I was older.
    What's even more frustrating is that the difficulty was increased for its US release. The Japanese version isn't nearly as hard.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    TLoZ second quest. I managed to track down one of the two triforce pieces I'm missing. Level 5 for no reason I can recall, was only left partially done.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

FINALLY beat X and Y bosses in Like a Dragon Chapter 12, moving onto 13 tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finished Chapters 3 and 4 in Yakuza 0.

Had a hilarious tax based mission.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    TLoZ second quest-Woohoo! I've got the last triforce and I'm in the last dungeon.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I've completed Leon's 2nd story in Resident Evil 2 remake and that means I've played all 4 stories and I'm done with the game. I was gonna play Resident Evil 3 remake tomorrow but I'm all RE out. I'm heading to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on PS3 tomorrow for a little bit of change of type of game.

I'll play Remake 2 again this year for Halloween.

• Like Like x 4
  17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Beat Demons Souls remake.

• Like Like x 3
  18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battlefront 2! Damn, really enjoying it even though I’m getting my butt handled to me! X)

I really enjoyed 0 so much...its a tie with 1.

The tax mission...its true...at least from experience. Once implemented, the people will just accept any increases.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

BOTW, and took down my second Divine Beast. The difficulty on this game is in the unintuitiveness of the puzzles at first glance, plus the maddening use of the Runes. The use of stasis to block Ganon's ice blocks in Ruta is one thing, but to get a lock on while standing on a small block? I think I got past that with more luck than anything else.

Also, who was they idiot who mapped the crouch and sneak to the movement stick, when every other game I've recently played uses the push down on the movement stick as run? I accept that the stamina wheel is there, and that putting a weapon away with B needed to be there, but you have far too many controls for too few buttons in this game.

• Like Like x 3
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait. They made a physical copy of SOR4?? Does it actually work in the Genesis?? I can't imagine it has enough power to run that kind of graphical magic. (The game looks amazing on my PC and XBox...)

• Like Like x 4